HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Buff for ___ (all Byfuglien trade talk HERE)

Old
08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Interesting love feast going on for Buff. These type of man crushes are usually reserved for Bogo, Wheels, Stuart and Pavs...not that they always deserved them. I seem to remember a lot more **** Buff in the GDT then hugs and kisses

I also remember most of the former Atlanta posters lamenting that Toby was chained to Buff's oversized ***.

Okay there is my rant. Personally I would trade Buff if we could get true value but I don't think we could. At least going by the majority of the feedback from other fan bases on the main boards anytime his name comes up in a trade proposal. But on the other hand I rather like him and if he found gym and went once in awhile and paid more attention to defense he does have the talent to dominate.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Interesting love feast going on for Buff. These type of man crushes are usually reserved for Bogo, Wheels, Stuart and Pavs...not that they always deserved them. I seem to remember a lot more **** Buff in the GDT then hugs and kisses

I also remember most of the former Atlanta posters lamenting that Toby was chained to Buff's oversized ***.

Okay there is my rant. Personally I would trade Buff if we could get true value but I don't think we could. At least going by the majority of the feedback from other fan bases on the main boards anytime his name comes up in a trade proposal. But on the other hand I rather like him and if he found gym and went once in awhile and paid more attention to defense he does have the talent to dominate.
Agree with everything you've said.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post

I think what a lot of people (including myself) are saying here is that there was some encouraging (albeit slow) progress last year and if it continues, Byfuglien could round into a dominant player. If he comes into the season in better shape that would be a fantastic sign. Too early to give up on a guy like this just yet IMHO.

08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
tbcwpg

Buff when he's struggling is a massive problem. The upside to him when he's on his game is also massive. Giving up on someone with that upside is too risky. He's one of the best offensive d-men there is right now, and my only real knock against his defence is that he's slow coming back. In the zone, he's fine. Not interested in moving him.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I think as a whole, we'd be less than impressed with the return we'd get for him considering he is a BIG part of our team's offense. We don't need to regress offensively and subtracting his game breaking ability does that.

I would rather not sell Buff for spare parts or marginal prospects. He is a unique player and one that will always be greater than the sum of the return netted in a trade.

Continued coaching and dedication will make him better in all areas. Lets hang onto him!!!!!!!

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Fidel Astro

I'm not even going to read the preceding six pages. Anyone wanting to trade Byfuglien is out of his mind.

Fidel Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I think as a whole, we'd be less than impressed with the return we'd get for him considering he is a BIG part of our team's offense. We don't need to regress offensively and subtracting his game breaking ability does that.

I would rather not sell Buff for spare parts or marginal prospects. He is a unique player and one that will always be greater than the sum of the return netted in a trade.

Continued coaching and dedication will make him better in all areas. Lets hang onto him!!!!!!!
It's true. Just think about how much progress e could make defensively in two years. If he ever does shore up his all round defensive game and could keep 80% of his offense doing it...we would literally have a top five defenseman in the NHL. Given his physical dominance. He'd be only behind Chara and Weber league wide for physical defenseman.

Bogosian's development may be hindered by being kept on the second pairing with rotating partners. But I think a responsibly defensive Buff's ceiling is higher than a Bogosian improving 10 points. Buff's offensive impact is already monstrous.

I say we keep them all, try to draft well and get a free agent or two each off-season and see how well this core progresses. They made decent strides last season, give it a bit more time. Byfuglien getting more experienced and more savvy is a scary thought for other teams.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
canuckrazy
Rookie User

Would the jets ever consider a one for one swap for Buff? Edler for Byfuglien?

canuckrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrazy View Post
Would the jets ever consider a one for one swap for Buff? Edler for Byfuglien?
Nope. At least I don't think so. But Edler did play on the Moose and won the teams Rookie of the year, so may be popular with management,.

Last edited by cheswick: 02-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.
cheswick is online now   Reply With Quote