HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers interest in Byfuglien

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 01:34 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I don't think there's a team in the league that wouldn't be interested in Byfuglien...
My initial thoughts.

+ I'm sure the Flyers are interested in all big, physical 2-way top 2 dmen in the league. They've been trying to replace Pronger for awhile.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I trust Eklund to a decent extent when it comes to Flyers stuff although I won't believe it until I see it regardless. I would hate to see Big Buff in a Flyers sweater though.

Apparently Cheveldayoff was just at a recent Flyers game so it wouldn't surprise me. It makes sense for the Flyers but a bigger contract would have to go back to Winnipeg to allow the Flyers to take on Byfuglien's contract. Briere? Doubt it. He won't waive. Winnipeg would have to be getting a pretty good return too if it's for Byfuglien. He's not someone I see them wanting to trade.

Would be something else to see the man that caused the Flyers absolute fits in the SCF a few years ago play for them though. I already had to suffer through seeing Versteeg go to Philadelphia.
Hey, us Philly fans had to suffer watching Versteeg in a Flyers jersey too...

Flyers wouldn't have to include a big contract in the trade to clear cap space, but money would be moving the other way because it is going to take a significant package to get Buff.

Last edited by StevensCakeBakerBacker: 02-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Lindy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
That is why a team like the Islanders would love to have him.
But he has a NTC that is why you prolly wont get him. Buffalo would maybe offer pick(s) for him id also trade you stafford/leopold/Regehr or Gerbe and adam or Brennan and adam

Old
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

That would great news for Pittsburgh, I hope it happens.

What kind of pricetag do Jets fans put on him? You guys would want a quality d-man back, no?

Old
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy Puff View Post
But he has a NTC that is why you prolly wont get him. Buffalo would maybe offer pick(s) for him id also trade you stafford/leopold/Regehr or Gerbe and adam or Brennan and adam

Sorry that was a bad example.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post

What kind of pricetag do Jets fans put on him? You guys would want a quality d-man back, no?

Both Schenns, Jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier, 1st picks, give us everything.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Hey, us Philly hands had to suffer watching Versteeg in a Flyers jersey too...

Flyers wouldn't have to include a big contract in the trade to clear cap space, but money would be moving the other way because it is going to take a significant package to get Buff.
Haha fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post

Jets probably are looking for a scoring forward. Not sure whether they'd prefer a winger or center but center is more likely IMO. However, I'm not so sure Byfuglien would get them Couturier or Schenn. Certainly not Giroux. I could see something around Coburn + Read for sure, maybe Voracek, although Flyers fans won't like it. Jets could also like Simmonds but like Couturier and Schenn I don't see the Flyers budging on him either.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Unagi

Would Couturier + Meszaros + 2013 1st be overpayment or just about what the pricetag would be?

Old
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Haha fair enough.

Jets probably are looking for a scoring forward. Not sure whether they'd prefer a winger or center but center is more likely IMO. However, I'm not so sure Byfuglien would get them Couturier or Schenn. Certainly not Giroux. I could see something around Coburn + Read for sure, maybe Voracek, although Flyers fans won't like it. Jets could also like Simmonds but like Couturier and Schenn I don't see the Flyers budging on him either.
If Vorabeast is what it takes too land Buff, I do it.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Haha fair enough.

I think the Jets would get Couturier or Schenns for Buff but I don't think Big Buff is moving, he means too much to this team.

Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Voracek for Byfuglien straight up. That was my first thought.

Old
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post

Byfuglien is worth way more than that.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:49 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Would Couturier + Meszaros + 2013 1st be overpayment or just about what the pricetag would be?

Philly adds

Old
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
If Vorabeast is what it takes too land Buff, I do it.
Uhh no thanks...

Old
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Flyers could be looking at a pick around #10 in a "great" draft.

So a blue-chip young player, a possible high 1st round pick and a 2nd pairing dman?

No thanks.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Pongs21

Jets probably are looking for a scoring forward. Not sure whether they'd prefer a winger or center but center is more likely IMO. However, I'm not so sure Byfuglien would get them Couturier or Schenn. Certainly not Giroux. I could see something around Coburn + Read for sure, maybe Voracek, although Flyers fans won't like it. Jets could also like Simmonds but like Couturier and Schenn I don't see the Flyers budging on him either.[/QUOTE]

And I don't see the jets budging on moving Buff if not one or both are involved....

Old
02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Flyers could be looking at a pick around #10 in a "great" draft.

So a blue-chip young player, a possible high 1st round pick and a 2nd pairing dman?

No thanks.
Don't you think PHI will turn it around and be a deep playoff team? IMO they are way too good not to make it. I think their 1st rounder would be more of a 20-30 pick.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Don't you think PHI will turn it around and be a deep playoff team? IMO they are way too good not to make it. I think their 1st rounder would be more of a 20-30 pick.
With the way they have played so far this year, I wouldn't bank on it.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Even though Voracek has played great this year, I can't see Buff being worth less that what Philly got for Richards or Carter.

He's a top defenseman, and one of the best offensive D men in the league.

Quote:
Can't see the appeal for Winnipeg to go from Buff to Coburn (who's good, just not Buff), and get 1 year to UFA Read as the difference.

Would have to think the Jets would be targeting guys like the Schenns, Voracek, Simmonds, 1st round picks, and Coburn (unless the Flyers want to add Buff to Coburn) etc.

Last edited by Huffer: 02-27-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
laundryman

I'd really prefer for the Flyers to avoid Byfuglien. He'd be a great D-Man for us, but if Winnipeg wants one of our core pieces for him, I don't think the Flyers would get any better after a deal like that.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
My initial thoughts.

+ I'm sure the Flyers are interested in all big, physical 2-way top 2 dmen in the league. They've been trying to replace Pronger for awhile.
I think every team is interested in having between 1 and 6 of those on their d. Guess Ek could put any team in that slot and we would probably say "yup, sounds like something they would be looking for, not sure how they could afford it though".

Very true I would believe that they want to replace pronger, and although it seems unlikely to happen, I suppose Holmgren has pulled of some pretty wild trades in the past.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Although I'd like to have Byfuglien, I am quite hesitant about his future.

He's most likely not going to get better, as he is at his peak age right now (he'll be 28 in late March) and his body type is not conducive for a long and healthy career.

He has shown some injury troubles both last season and this one, and it does worry me especially with his height & weight.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
bennysflyers16

As a FLyer fan who watched every Jet game, I dont really want Buff. I also recognize the Flyers need for a puck moving D man. If Im the jets I want Coburn plus one of the fwds if they were to move Buff to Philly.

Jets ask Coburn and Simmer ( Jets get better imo, they need a fwd like simmer and a top pair of Coburn/Bogo going fwd could play 25 mins a night) but doubt Flyers trade Simmer.

Flyers offer Coburn and Read , but Jets probably pass.

What do Jets or FLyer fans think of Couts, Mezz for Buff and Slater ?

Old
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
WeekendAtBernies

As a Flyer fan, I pass on Byfuglien. Guy is a glorified 4th forward. If you think the Flyers are terrible now in their own zone, wait till you add Big Buff to the mix.

Plus it seems that WPG fans think he's worth his weight in gold. I don't even think he's worth half that. Give me the 200 lbs of gold any day.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I trust Eklund to a decent extent when it comes to Flyers stuff although I won't believe it until I see it regardless. I would hate to see Big Buff in a Flyers sweater though.

Apparently Cheveldayoff was just at a recent Flyers game so it wouldn't surprise me. It makes sense for the Flyers but a bigger contract would have to go back to Winnipeg to allow the Flyers to take on Byfuglien's contract. Briere? Doubt it. He won't waive. Winnipeg would have to be getting a pretty good return too if it's for Byfuglien. He's not someone I see them wanting to trade. If they're getting back a scoring forward then maybe it's worth it to them, but it's not like Byfuglien is expendable or anything, although they have some good young defensemen already on the team and some good prospects in the pipeline. That said, they won't move Byfuglien unless they're getting a good forward in return.

Would be something else to see the man that caused the Flyers absolute fits in the SCF a few years ago play for them though. I already had to suffer through seeing Versteeg go to Philadelphia.
Buff to Philly starts with Courterier and a first. I can't see any other asset absent Simmonds that Winnipeg would want assuming Giroux is untouchable. This isn't one where you package Laughton and a first, or Laughton, Cousins and a second. You have to give to get.

Closed Thread