HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 10:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Teams have contacted Philly about Briere but he has a NMC which he won't move. He broke up with his wife and his kids live in south Jersey.

Marian Gaborik. Not a deal involving futures. Actual players. Gaborik has a limited NTC. None of the details are none. Usually Slats leaves himself flexibility in trading players with NTCs. Rozsival had a NTC list to 8 teams. Gomez had 3 teams.

Quote:
The Blues are a different story. General manager Doug Armstrong visited Philadelphia for the second time in three home games, and also caught the Flyers in Toronto on Feb. 11.

According to sources, Armstrong has been asking for forward Danny Briere. He isn't the only one. Boston inquired about Briere last week, among others
Quote:
The Flyers are interested in Blues blue-liner Kevin Shattenkirk, but it would take a lot more than Briere to pry him. Shattenkirk, 24, is second in team scoring with 15 points in 18 games.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...f_address.html

Nash and Callahan are the top two right wingers on the team.

Shattenkirk is a wet dream. Right handed shooting D. 1 goal and 6 assists on the PP. Guy grew up rooting for the Rangers with Dave Maloney as one of his coaches.

Gaborik for a young core piece. Even if the Rangers have to pay him a decent 2nd contract and then a huge 3rd contract or even trade for that type of contract,it won't be $7.5M per.

The Rangers need a shake-up.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
usernamesteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
To all the Zuccarello haters here - please read The New York Post today. Not making him out to be a savor or anything - but I have consistently been pointing out that the Rangers should bring him in to New York as soon as his KHL team is eliminated (to constant ridicule and despise) to try to add a dimension to the PP. Included this in many a way here on the HFBorads to strengthen the team in an area of great importance where we are worst in the NHL today.
And lo and behold - Glen Sather totally agrees. Where all you know-it-alls now?
Especially thinking about one person...
Bow down ---
I question the hockey knowledge of any person who disagrees with zuccarello being a quality NHL player.

If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. I thought similarly when we lost parenteau...but I really think zuccarello is better, while zuccarello is a little injury prone, I truly believe that he will be an all start caliber player if we let him walk to another team...(Malkin loves playing with zuccarello)

There's something wrong with this fan base if they don't think zuccarello should be on this team...
Rangers fans are notorious for loving go hards...but can't seem to see how good zuccarello is...I don't get it...

Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesteph View Post
I question the hockey knowledge of any person who disagrees with zuccarello being a quality NHL player.

If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. I thought similarly when we lost parenteau...but I really think zuccarello is better, while zuccarello is a little injury prone, I truly believe that he will be an all start caliber player if we let him walk to another team...(Malkin loves playing with zuccarello)

There's something wrong with this fan base if they don't think zuccarello should be on this team...
Rangers fans are notorious for loving go hards...but can't seem to see how good zuccarello is...I don't get it...
I have no problem with this at all.

I want Gaborik to CBJ for Dubinsky and Anisimov. Philly got Gagne back and JD is, and always will truly be, a N. Y. R. at heart.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Teams have contacted Philly about Briere but he has a NMC which he won't move. He broke up with his wife and his kids live in south Jersey.

Marian Gaborik. Not a deal involving futures. Actual players. Gaborik has a limited NTC. None of the details are none. Usually Slats leaves himself flexibility in trading players with NTCs. Rozsival had a NTC list to 8 teams. Gomez had 3 teams.

Shattenkirk is a wet dream. Right handed shooting D. 1 goal and 6 assists on the PP. Guy grew up rooting for the Rangers with Dave Maloney as one of his coaches.

Gaborik for a young core piece. Even if the Rangers have to pay him a decent 2nd contract and then a huge 3rd contract or even trade for that type of contract,it won't be $7.5M per.

Aren't the Blues after Briere to play center? Gaborik won't help them there.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Lundsanity30

Fwiw, I would love shattenkirk

Old
02-27-2013, 11:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Are the Blues actively shopping Shattenkirk?

I loved him at BU. He would be a great addition here.

If the Blues are shopping him for a player like Gaborik, I would make that deal in a heartbeat.

Then move Del Zotto, Boyle, Thomas, and a pick for O'Reilly and Barrie.

You just added two offensive defensemen that could play on two separate power play units at the left point.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Aaron Volpatti was placed on waivers today by the Canucks and I think the Rangers should claim him. He's a gritty 4th line forward that would fit into the system that Torts likes to play. He would also stop the Rangers from playing Bickel at forward and would add depth to the team.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Would love Shatt deuces here, but a pipe dream it surely is. If anybody could pull that off it would be Sather but im not holding my breathe. Dave Malobey coached him as a youth.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:11 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Aaron Volpatti was placed on waivers today by the Canucks and I think the Rangers should claim him. He's a gritty 4th line forward that would fit into the system that Torts likes to play. He would also stop the Rangers from playing Bickel at forward and would add depth to the team.
Agree 100%.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:13 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Gaborik and Richards for Marleau and Boyle. Take it or leave it SJ.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Leetch66

How much salary can the Blues take on for next season ? We could always subsidize Gabby for next season if we get S'kirk back in that deal .

Old
02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Tawnos

I'm unclear why the Blues are trading their best D (yes, he's been better the Petro this year)

Old
02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Gaborik and Richards for Marleau and Boyle. Take it or leave it SJ.
Pretty sure they'll have no problem leaving that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I'm unclear why the Blues are trading their best D (yes, he's been better the Petro this year)
They aren't. Just speculation since it was mentioned in that article who the Flyers would like to get out of St. Louis for a hypothetical Briere trade that probably isn't going to happen. Plus it's nice to day dream.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

Unreal the Blues have a D-man that has more points than any of our forwards I believe. Sad state the Rangers are in.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Are the Blues actively shopping Shattenkirk?

I loved him at BU. He would be a great addition here.

If the Blues are shopping him for a player like Gaborik, I would make that deal in a heartbeat.

Then move Del Zotto, Boyle, Thomas, and a pick for O'Reilly and Barrie.

You just added two offensive defensemen that could play on two separate power play units at the left point.
And the PP will still suck lol

Old
02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
I would only trade Gaborik for a great value like Dustin Brown (Never going to move after a cup season) or a young star like Taylor Hall (equally unlikely)

I don't see a team giving us hat he is worth, which I why I will say don't trade him, renew him.

Get ROR if you want, buy out Richards in 2 years. We don't need to deal either of our superstar wingers.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I would only trade Gaborik for a great value like Dustin Brown (Never going to move after a cup season) or a young star like Taylor Hall (equally unlikely)

I don't see a team giving us hat he is worth, which I why I will say don't trade him, renew him.

Get ROR if you want, buy out Richards in 2 years. We don't need to deal either of our superstar wingers.
Would you take Perron + for Gaborik?

I would.

Gaborik does not fit here. They should look to get back some young assets for him now.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Would you take Perron + for Gaborik?

I would.

Gaborik does not fit here. They should look to get back some young assets for him now.
Right. He scores too many goals for Torts liking

Old
02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Right. He scores too many goals for Torts liking
He is invisible most of the time. He doesn't have much of an effect on the game normally. Not a great investment @ 7.5 million for THIS team.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
He is invisible most of the time. He doesn't have much of an effect on the game normally. Not a great investment @ 7.5 million for THIS team.
Invisible sure is better than visible making a ton of mistakes, like a lot of other players on the team. Team having trouble scoring goals trades one of the top goal scorers in the league. Makes sense.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Invisible sure is better than visible making a ton of mistakes, like a lot of other players on the team. Team having trouble scoring goals trades one of the top goal scorers in the league. Makes sense.
To fill multiple other holes. It actually happens all the time. Even in businesses outside of hockey.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
I agree. He scores a lot, but does it in bunches. He's not a consistent threat and hasn't done much for us in the playoffs. He had 11 points in 20 playoff games last year, with 7 of those points coming against washington and only 1 against the devils.

He would do much better on a team like vancouver or pittsburgh.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
To fill multiple other holes. It actually happens all the time. Even in businesses outside of hockey.
Im going to let the rest of the season play out and hope that our top forwards can rebound. I bet you anything that Rangers management will do the same.

Beyond that, Im not quite sure how jettisoning those players in exchange for redundant support players (who are also struggling on this team, by the way) really helps things.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I agree. He scores a lot, but does it in bunches. He's not a consistent threat and hasn't done much for us in the playoffs. He had 11 points in 20 playoff games last year, with 7 of those points coming against washington and only 1 against the devils.

He would do much better on a team like vancouver or pittsburgh.
Lets trade our 40 goal scorer to Pittsburgh.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Pretty sure they'll have no problem leaving that.
Obviously. Next time I'll put the dumb emoticon next to it.

Closed Thread