HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
This thread again? Eff it, bring him in.
I couldn't help but to bump it. The alternative endings to this are sooooooo funny.

1. UFA is bumped and Zucc comes here and saves us.

2. UFA is bumped and Zucc comes here and breaks an arm in his first game.

3. UFA goes all the way in the KHL PO's and the speculations regarding the above goes on and on and on and one.

4. Slats and Zucc negotiate forever.

Lets just comfront them heads on...

Old
02-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Crease

From the article linked above:

Quote:
“I’m definitely interested in talking to Zuke,” Sather said before the Rangers’ 4-3 loss to the Jets last night. “I’ve always liked him as a player. We’ll see what happens.”
So either Sather is blowing smoke up Zuke's butt to lure him back or he and Torts genuinely disagree about his potential.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:53 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
From the article linked above:

So either Sather is blowing smoke up Zuke's butt to lure him back or he and Torts genuinely disagree about his potential.
I don't think Torts dislikes MZA. He was just hurt last year. It was unfortunate. And then, on top of that, he wanted to get paid or be guaranteed a NHL spot. Torts won't guarantee anyones spot.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
According to the Norwegian newspaper “VG” he states that he is not satisfied with his performance this season and that he is very disappointed that he got injured this season.

The newspaper asks him about a possible return to the Rangers, he states that he do not expect to be called back to New York.

He also saying something about a possible surgery this summer, and that he looks forward to play in the WC with Patrick Thoresen.
One thing the newspaper states in this article is that the Rangers have a clause/option to call him back.
Truth to be told, I hate these kind of situations. Its like 90% of the time, nothing get done. Zucc wants to be in the NHL, but he got a contract in the KHL that he has to void to give NY another shot. Hence it could be a big financial risk for him to come here.

As has been reported, Zucc is also hampered by injuries that he have to take care of this summer.

We still have no room on the roster for him. Our RW depth are Nash, Gabby (/LW) and Callahan. Who should he play with? Preferbly he is played with a very strong 2-way center, we don't got that.

OTOH, I think he got a helluva lot more potential than many give him credit for. Brunner is doing really well for Detroit, but he also gets to play in a really good environment.

Zucc could potentially definitely really help our PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I don't think Torts dislikes MZA. He was just hurt last year. It was unfortunate. And then, on top of that, he wanted to get paid or be guaranteed a NHL spot. Torts won't guarantee anyones spot.
That's a valid point for sure. Torts don't play players he don't like. The last time I checked, Torts has several times, three four atleast, gone with Zucc over several other half capable players (ok that might be discussed). But Zucc made this team out of camp last season for example, over Avery, Christensen and co. Over WW a couple of times. He made this team the year before that, and he made the team again late last season. Between that, what can you say, Hagelin and Mitchell -- when Zucc was hurt -- came in and played really well and the team just kept on winning. Zucc was out for a long time, and he wasn't brought up for a while after that.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Truth to be told, I hate these kind of situations. Its like 90% of the time, nothing get done. Zucc wants to be in the NHL, but he got a contract in the KHL that he has to void to give NY another shot. Hence it could be a big financial risk for him to come here.

As has been reported, Zucc is also hampered by injuries that he have to take care of this summer.

We still have no room on the roster for him. Our RW depth are Nash, Gabby (/LW) and Callahan. Who should he play with? Preferbly he is played with a very strong 2-way center, we don't got that.

OTOH, I think he got a helluva lot more potential than many give him credit for. Brunner is doing really well for Detroit, but he also gets to play in a really good environment.

Zucc could potentially definitely really help our PP.

That's a valid point for sure. Torts don't play players he don't like. The last time I checked, Torts has several times, three four atleast, gone with Zucc over several other half capable players (ok that might be discussed). But Zucc made this team out of camp last season for example, over Avery, Christensen and co. Over WW a couple of times. He made this team the year before that, and he made the team again late last season. Between that, what can you say, Hagelin and Mitchell -- when Zucc was hurt -- came in and played really well and the team just kept on winning. Zucc was out for a long time, and he wasn't brought up for a while after that.
According to the artical, Zucc's has an out after the 1st season and right now he team is tied 2-2 in the PO's.

His season could be over in 2-3 weeks.

Would love to have him back.

Would also love to see Torts fired. The players on the roster are not suited for Torts style.

Time to make a change and bring in some offence.

Later in the year as the article suggests, bring in both Fasth and Lindberg.

Increase the depth and speed of the team and hopefully we get someone in here that understands that goals HAVE to be scored to win games.

You don't win games 0-0 regardless of how impressive it is to limit the opposition to 0 goals.

From the article.

Zuccarello, whose NHL rights are owned by the Blueshirts, is completing the first year of a two-year deal he signed with the KHL team following last season. But the contract contains an NHL out-clause after one season, giving the winger an option agent Don Meehan told The Post his client would be willing to explore.

Last edited by pld459666: 02-27-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

This is from the khl playoffs..

Power Play Goal - The goal is at about 0.10 secs

GWG

Assist in one of the other games..Go to 5mins 30 secs to see the assist..

Old
02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
NickyFotiu

That was a nice blast from the point. Some fans may not remember but in a game last season Mats had a rocket shot from the point that hit the crossbar. I remember many fans were surprised he could shoot that hard at the time.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Representatives for shifty Norwegian forward Mats Zuccarello will be in New York on Thursday available to talk with Rangers brass, the Daily News has learned, which could mark the next step in a reunion following a Wednesday report that GM Glen Sather had interest in bringing Zuccarello back.

Zuccarello, 25, must play through the end of the KHL season into March for Mettalurg Magnitogorsk, where he is in the first season of a two-year contract. But the Rangers still retain Zuccarello’s rights and could lure Zuccarello away hopefully to boost their power play once the KHL season concludes.

Zuccarello, who stands a diminutive 5-7, 179 pounds, originally signed with the Rangers as an undrafted free agent on May 26, 2010. He posted eight goals and 26 points in 52 regular season games for the Rangers between two seasons, 2010-11 and 2011-12, but Zuccarello tired of being demoted to the Connecticut Whale or being yanked out of the lineup by coach John Tortorella.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...-to-speak-with

Old
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Going to be great when he comes back over and Torts ships him to Hartford after 3 games

Would welcome back Zucc's here with open arms.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello is a Newport Sports guy. So is Ryan O'Reilly.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:35 PM
SlapshotTheMovie

Fast with a great wrist shot to back it up. Great eye for play development. PP skills. We need him. I get Torts doesnt want someone who struggles on the defensive end of the ice but its not like the team is being replaced with Mats. Its just one guy who could add much need depth. Him and hags can really help a line out.

Hags Richards/Stepan Gabby/Nash
Zuc Stepan/Richards Nash/Gabby
Kreider JT Miller Cally

the third line would have two young kids who have seamed to work well together but with the will and heart of the our captain to make **** work. I dont think this is a problem at all. With how good Nash is on defense putting him with Zucs makes a lot of sense to me.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Going to be great when he comes back over and Torts ships him to Hartford after 3 games

Would welcome back Zucc's here with open arms.
Don't think that would happen if he came back. Can't see him coming back for a two-way deal and can't see them signing him on a one-way deal just to ship him down with the cap hit that would take either. I would also think he would like to have more than just a contract for this season, since he has a year left in Russia with a pretty good paycheck and a much lower tax level. I don't think less money would stop him from coming back, but playing in the minors would.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
All the YouTube videos are nice but let's call a spade a spade: I haven't seen one where there any NHL caliber play by any of the opposing defensemen.

02-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
All the YouTube videos are nice but let's call a spade a spade: I haven't seen one where there any NHL caliber play by any of the opposing defensemen.
True, but the guy wasn't exactly having problems generating offense while he was here. It's clear the kid can make plays in the offensive zone, and is certainly a nice weapon in the SO. It's the other parts of his game that are in question, and unfortunately those are the things that get you into Tortorella's dog house.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
SlapshotTheMovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
True, but the guy wasn't exactly having problems generating offense while he was here. It's clear the kid can make plays in the offensive zone, and is certainly a nice weapon in the SO. It's the other parts of his game that are in question, and unfortunately those are the things that get you into Tortorella's dog house.
100% agree... thats why he should be with a rw who can be great everywhere like nash or cally.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:15 PM
mike14

would be interested to see if

Hags-Step-Nash
MZA-Richards-Callahan

worked as a top 6. It's probably the cheapest thing the Rangers can try in order to get something out of this season

Old
02-27-2013, 03:17 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
would be interested to see if

Hags-Step-Nash
MZA-Richards-Callahan

worked as a top 6. It's probably the cheapest thing the Rangers can try in order to get something out of this season
Gaborik?

Old
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If this becomes a regular thing, they may just want to consider giving him a full time contract.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Gaborik?
Kreider/Pyatt - JT - Gabby

Old
02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
anofsti

I'd like Zuc to come back to the big show, but I hope they'll let him play in the IIHF World Cup rather than forcing him to sit in the press box if Torts don't want to let him play.

If they do bring him over, I hope they dare to play him on defensive situations too. He's killing it on Metallurgs top PK line.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Kershaw

Really hope a deal gets done. Zuccs is a good offensive player and helps puck possession when he has the puck.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
iceman9999

Hand writing on the wall when the GM wants a player back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Really hope a deal gets done. Zuccs is a good offensive player and helps puck possession when he has the puck.

Yes sir like every other young player, Torts dislikes Zucca, & Krieder, MDZ.. always uses the excuse they are not ready. Did the samer thing to JT Miller kid scores a couple goals but he is not ready..

bull$hit he has NO confidence in the kids, the guy should be fired.....

I know Zucca will not come back for limited Ice time thats for sure!!.. When the GM reaches out to get a player back, I hope this means there is a coaching change coming soon..

Old
02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

MZA - Step - Nash

Old
02-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Nah, I think it's a league that can hold any player in the world in shack. From Crosby to AO to Malkin.

The NHL is undoubtedly better than the KHL, but the big difference is in terms of style not level. Plenty of Ds in the NHL would struggle mightly in the KHL (and the opposite of course for KHL Ds in the NHL).

In this 30 team cap world, with a) plenty of top talent going to Russia and b) there being more money in that league which gives players there top incentive to stay in form and compete -- I actually think the leagues are very compareable straight off.

I just think its easy to get fooled by looking at highlights. Looking at the highlights from our game against the Jets one might think that Ds and goalies in this league are pretty horrible too.

Last edited by Ola: 02-27-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

So they are saying the earlier MZA could play for us is after the KHL season ends? Does that include playoffs because his team is the 4th seed and the playoffs run through April.

Closed Thread