HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deryk Engelland

Old
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Deryk Engelland

Just wanted to know if

1) He could be available
2) What kind of return would the Pens expect for him ?

Not going to make any proposition myself but i just want to gauge the value of a guy like this.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Flat Stanley

I wouldn't say he's not available, with Bortuzzo here, he could be traded.

I don't really know what his value is.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
AmericanRocket91

Keep him. He's one of your team's spark plugs. His ability to fight and protect your star players is something that shouldn't be overlooked either.

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:37 PM
rmartin65

Not available, and thus, it is difficult to gauge his value.

He is on a nice contract, and fills a role that would be empty if he was not on the roster.

rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:39 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

I don't think his value is high enough to make moving him worthwhile. He is a really cheap realiable bottom pairing guy and we are not getting a piece that improves the team or a pick that is very likely to improve the team for him, so at least within the season, probably not available.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I don't think his value is high enough to make moving him worthwhile. He is a really cheap realiable bottom pairing guy and we are not getting a piece that improves the team or a pick that is very likely to improve the team for him, so at least within the season, probably not available.
This.

He's worth more to us than he is in trade. He won't be moved for that reason.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
This.

I don't know what his value is, but it's hard to imagine it would be enough to warrant trading him.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Moskau

Hold onto him until Brian Burke is a GM again. 2nd rounder right there.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
nmbr_24

I can't imagine that they would get back a player they need as much as they need Engelland unless the Penguins are adding to this deal.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
SEALBound

Solid dman on a sweet contract. Fighter and at times a potential top 4 stop gap.

He's worth more to the Pens than his market value.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:13 PM
SteelFish87*

Not available unless for overpayment. He is tough as nails and is on dirt cheap contract

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Just wanted to know if

1) He could be available

Not going to make any proposition myself but i just want to gauge the value of a guy like this.
the only way he would be traded is if they get and even better defender back, the pens have a weak bottom pairing and he also mans the toughness stage for them like it was said before hes worth more to the pens than his value.

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Just wanted to know if

1) He could be available

based purely upon stats

30 year old D-man on a deep team who is playing between 10 to 13 minutes a game?

do not see him getting much back for the pens

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
based purely upon stats

30 year old D-man on a deep team who is playing between 10 to 13 minutes a game?

do not see him getting much back for the pens
If Lovejoy got us a 5th Engelland will get a 3rd at least.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:20 AM
vecens24

Yeah biggest thing with Engo is that he's so valuable to this team because he's an enforcer that can actually play hockey as a legit #5 D-Man. He's super cheap too. I don't think he'd be traded by himself, but if there's a "hockey trade" that comes along and someone needs a good sweetener to make a deal, he could be that guy.

I honestly have no idea why his value is by itself though.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:39 AM
BigG44

What about Brenden Morrow?

He's not ideal, but the local beat reporter Heika and some in the national media have speculated he's available now that Cole was added. Dallas likely will look to address D next since GM Joe said they were still looking to potentially make moves.

Morrow, honestly to everyone's surprise, has been effective with Benn and Jagr, and he's scoring goals on that line. He's not likely going to push out Jagr, Eriksson, Whitney, or Cole from the Top 6, and Dallas has plenty of Top 6 depth in the AHL.

Engelland is a very good player for Pittsburgh, but he's also a guy only playing 13 minutes a night. You guys have younger guys with more potential that can replace him, and Morrow very well could provide some offense from the wing on a line with Crosby. Like I said, he's doing it in Dallas with Benn.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:13 PM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post

He's not ideal, but the local beat reporter Heika and some in the national media have speculated he's available now that Cole was added. Dallas likely will look to address D next since GM Joe said they were still looking to potentially make moves.

Morrow, honestly to everyone's surprise, has been effective with Benn and Jagr, and he's scoring goals on that line. He's not likely going to push out Jagr, Eriksson, Whitney, or Cole from the Top 6, and Dallas has plenty of Top 6 depth in the AHL.

Engelland is a very good player for Pittsburgh, but he's also a guy only playing 13 minutes a night. You guys have younger guys with more potential that can replace him, and Morrow very well could provide some offense from the wing on a line with Crosby. Like I said, he's doing it in Dallas with Benn.
Not the worst idea, still not sure id do it but its not a bad deal for the pens
Despres Bortuzzo both deserve to be playing every game, so they can be the bottom pair, with Eaton as 7th and plenty of Dmen in WBS.

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:

I would entertain this offer. The only issue is that we would lose a sandpaper guy who can fight and stick up for his teammates.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:26 PM
PensFan68

Quote:

Interesting proposal. Would the Stars want more for a good vet? The Pens would be gaining one need (a physical top 6 forward) but losing what I feel is something we're missing (physical defensive dman). Engo is good in his role and on a great contract.

I'd try to get Morrow for something else, but if JN demanded Engo I'd really have to think about it. I think if we did it, we'd have to go out and get someone to replace him (O'byrne comes to mind who I'd like to see here anyway).

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post
Not the worst idea, still not sure id do it but its not a bad deal for the pens
Despres Bortuzzo both deserve to be playing every game, so they can be the bottom pair, with Eaton as 7th and plenty of Dmen in WBS.
That role could be given to Bortuzzo...and we have Ruopp and Seymour in the prospect pool, similar players to Engelland.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
Interesting proposal. Would the Stars want more for a good vet? The Pens would be gaining one need (a physical top 6 forward) but losing what I feel is something we're missing (physical defensive dman). Engo is good in his role and on a great contract.

I'd try to get Morrow for something else, but if JN demanded Engo I'd really have to think about it. I think if we did it, we'd have to go out and get someone to replace him (O'byrne comes to mind who I'd like to see here anyway).
Dallas would probably consider giving more for a guy with longer term or a bigger role. I'm assuming you're referring to Orpik since Martin has looked so good. I don't think they'd offer much more (Dallas still has two more 3rd round picks), but Engo is the type of a guy I think they'd prefer.

I think they're happy with Robidas, Daley, and Dillon. They like Rome, but he's out for 3 to 6 weeks. The rest of the D are greatly inconsistent, but Goligoski is much better lately ... still not where he was though.

Morrow seems to be the obvious guy to move, but it's hard to find a place that makes sense for him to waive his NTC. The Pens are a no-brianer. The other problem is it would probably need to be for D help now which is also why the Pens make some since.

New Jersey could work, but I'd be disappointed in a return of Tallinder.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Tough to say. I don't think he's played particularly well this season and it could be argued that Robert Bortuzzo makes him expendable. But at the same time, he's a big, physical, 15 minute per night guy who doubles as an enforcer and makes absolutely nothing.

I don't know if the Penguins would be actively looking to dump him (ex Lovejoy), but I'm sure he could be had for enough return.

What that return would need to be, I have no idea. 500k D who fight like enforcers and play a regular shift are pretty scarce and most teams could use one...but I can't remember a guy like that getting any sort of return in a trade.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:59 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Dallas would probably consider giving more for a guy with longer term or a bigger role. I'm assuming you're referring to Orpik since Martin has looked so good. I don't think they'd offer much more (Dallas still has two more 3rd round picks), but Engo is the type of a guy I think they'd prefer.
I was saying that I would think Dallas would want more than Engo for Morrow. As much as I still don't know if I'd want to move Engo (just because of his role), I would think the Stars could get more for Morrow than a 5th D, but I really can't judge player value at all.

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:08 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I was saying that I would think Dallas would want more than Engo for Morrow. As much as I still don't know if I'd want to move Engo (just because of his role), I would think the Stars could get more for Morrow than a 5th D, but I really can't judge player value at all.
I think his NTC will restrict movement to only a few teams and lower his value. I'd love to say they can a nice piece, but it's hard to see that happening.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
BigG44

Would Pittsburgh rather trade Engelland or Bortuzzo?

Could Dallas get Bortuzzo for Morrow?