HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2013 CIS Playoffs

Old
02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Wish I could see the replay a few more times because right now it looks like he was kicked out for being bigger than the guy he hit.
Yup...seemed like they made the call based on how bad it looked impact-wise and not whether it was actually a dirty hit.

UNB Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:51 PM
radapex

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins View Post
If anything I thought it might have been interference, since I thought the puck was gone...but a major seemed a bit ridiculous. He just rocked him plain and simple.

So who else is out tonight if Denny and Critchlow are back in, and Campbell is playing? Obviously Salituro is sitting, but who else? I couldn't figure it out from the web-cast. Robertson?
Yeah, pretty sure it's Robertson that's out.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:29 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

UNB scoring on MacIsaac's penalty...looks good on him. Never realized before this series but he is a little POS. Gets called for the penalty and then throws an elbow at someone on his way to the box.

They got to do something about that net...cost UNB a goal and another good scoring chance. You would be dumb to think that Savage doesn't know that net comes off easily and wasn't knocking it off on purpose.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:31 PM
SuperSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Yeah, pretty sure it's Robertson that's out.
It is Robertson that's out.

SuperSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
UNB scoring on MacIsaac's penalty...looks good on him. Never realized before this series but he is a little POS. Gets called for the penalty and then throws an elbow at someone on his way to the box.

They got to do something about that net...cost UNB a goal and another good scoring chance. You would be dumb to think that Savage doesn't know that net comes off easily and wasn't knocking it off on purpose.
Should have warned him the first time and given him a delay of the game the second time.
McIsaac, Desousa, and Knox, toss up who is the biggest liability to the team.
I'd say that this one is over with the exception of the extra-curricular

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

And right on cue MacIsaac gets another penalty for a high hit.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
northvanman

OUA Divisional Finals

East
Carleton vs. UQTR

Wed @ UQTR, 7:30pm
Fri @ Carleton, 7:30pm
Sun @ UQTR , 2pm

West
Warterloo vs. Windsor
Wed @ Windsor, 7:30pm
Sat @ Waterloo, 7:30pm
Sun @ Windsor, 7:30pm

Interesting note....
IF Carleton defeats UQTR, it will mark the first time since 2000 that the Queen's Cup has been hosted by an OUA East team (and that was a pre-determined location - Queen's who did not participate). Here's a more remarkable stat - it would also be only the second time since 1993 that neither UQTR nor McGill has particpated in the Queen's Cup/Queen's Cup tournament (it was a 4 team semi-final/final until it switched to a one-game, winner take all in 2007). The only year that neither UQTR nor McGill represented the East was in 2004 when Ottawa and U of T went to the semi-final final tournament.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

UPEI goons it up at the end of the game...how many people seen that coming?!?

Anyways, UNB whips the Panthers for the 3rd time, 5-1. They advance to the AUS Finals (schedule yet to be announced) and the University Cup. Only two spots left to be filled are the OUA teams.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by northvanman View Post
East
Carleton vs. UQTR

Wed @ UQTR, 7:30pm
Fri @ Carleton, 7:30pm
Sun @ UQTR , 2pm

West
Warterloo vs. Windsor
Wed @ Windsor, 7:30pm
Sat @ Waterloo, 7:30pm
Sun @ Windsor, 7:30pm

Interesting note....
IF Carleton defeats UQTR, it will mark the first time since 2000 that the Queen's Cup has been hosted by an OUA East team (and that was a pre-determined location - Queen's who did not participate). Here's a more remarkable stat - it would also be only the second time since 1993 that neither UQTR nor McGill has particpated in the Queen's Cup/Queen's Cup tournament (it was a 4 team semi-final/final until it switched to a one-game, winner take all in 2007). The only year that neither UQTR nor McGill represented the East was in 2004 when Ottawa and U of T went to the semi-final final tournament.
OUA final still just a best of one?

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Island Husky

Quote:
Yup...seemed like they made the call based on how bad it looked impact-wise and not whether it was actually a dirty hit.
I don't believe you guys, you win 7-2, 7-2, and 5-1 decisively if I ever saw it, and you can't get enough of big bad PEI ( I mean little, they are not big) giving you the screws. Oh, right, when UNB took those misconducts in game 2 and Foyle's prophesy came true tonight with Denny, it is the referee's fault, it wasn't a penalty, or he is too big so it's not his fault, but when MacIssac does it, it is something evil inherent in PEI and he ought to be pilloried. Yeah it's a tough place to play, Of course it is!! So they don't roll over and die for you, you have to sacrifice, stay disciplined, and capitalize, to win championships in competitive hockey. And your team did that perfectly!! So you had a bad game in #2, anyone who didn't think Gardiner MacDougall would have that team prepared come Monday, does not know the UNB program. And he completely outfoxed PEI on every level, as did the 20 studs he put on the ice. And instead you start squawking like a bunch of hens over Mike MacIssac, Well in that case the worst of your problems are over guys, it'll be a cakewalk from here on in.

Island Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Rob

Quote:
UPEI goons it up at the end of the game...how many people seen that coming?!?

Anyways, UNB whips the Panthers for the 3rd time, 5-1. They advance to the AUS Finals (schedule yet to be announced) and the University Cup. Only two spots left to be filled are the OUA teams.
Did they ever.

Unfortunately the Vreds were only 1-8 on the pp.

Quote:
Well in that case the worst of your problems are over guys, it'll be a cakewalk from here on in.
We tend to have high standards. Like me complaining about the power play in a game they won.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:58 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Yeah the PP could have been better...but it did look better than it had been and I get the impression the last couple PP's they were more concerned with running down the clock. I do think they should take Desnoyers off the top unit and put Shutron/Todd on there...I don't find Desnoyers is very good at rushing the puck into the zone and getting things set-up, he usually just loses the puck or dumps it in with the other team easily retrieving it.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
northvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
OUA final still just a best of one?
Sadly yes. For whatever reason, the OUA championship doesn't seem to be a big deal. I get that it's because both finalists have always gone to the University Cup but you would think there would be more value placed on this title. But the teams must not be bothered because ever since the Quebec teams plus Ottawa joined the conference in the late 80's, the final has been one game, winner take all.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Husky View Post
I don't believe you guys, you win 7-2, 7-2, and 5-1 decisively if I ever saw it, and you can't get enough of big bad PEI ( I mean little, they are not big) giving you the screws. Oh, right, when UNB took those misconducts in game 2 and Foyle's prophesy came true tonight with Denny, it is the referee's fault, it wasn't a penalty, or he is too big so it's not his fault, but when MacIssac does it, it is something evil inherent in PEI and he ought to be pilloried. Yeah it's a tough place to play, Of course it is!! So they don't roll over and die for you, you have to sacrifice, stay disciplined, and capitalize, to win championships in competitive hockey. And your team did that perfectly!! So you had a bad game in #2, anyone who didn't think Gardiner MacDougall would have that team prepared come Monday, does not know the UNB program. And he completely outfoxed PEI on every level, as did the 20 studs he put on the ice. And instead you start squawking like a bunch of hens over Mike MacIssac, Well in that case the worst of your problems are over guys, it'll be a cakewalk from here on in.
I'm not going to sit here and say UNB are saints out there on the ice...I have been more than frustrated a number of times this season with their undisciplined play...and have a bad feeling it is going to catch up to them at a very inopportune time.

There is no place in the game for gooning it up at the very end of a game when the outcome had been determined...whether it is UNB doing it or anyone else.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:03 PM
AUS Fan

Tenative Schedule: Sat, Mon, Wed for AUS final...

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Tenative Schedule: Sat, Mon, Wed for AUS final...
Where did you see that?

Old
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
AUS Fan

Didn't see it. Was talking to someone.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Tommy Dodge

Quite a series, both teams played hard and with energy, but when you have 22 guys who can be top two line, top d-pairing material on most teams in the conference that cream will always rise to the top over the course of a multi-game series. Give credit to the Panthers, with a undersized big-hearted crew, they didn't make it easy on the Reds.

Interesting to see former UPEI bench Boss Dylan Taylor, now UNB's Head Recruiter, on the bench with Gardiner. Looked like he was some happy to get win against the program he tried to reserect, but walked away from a few season's ago. Will he be on the bench for the rest of the post-season? I thought he was based on PEI?

Tommy Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Dodge View Post
Interesting to see former UPEI bench Boss Dylan Taylor, now UNB's Head Recruiter, on the bench with Gardiner. Looked like he was some happy to get win against the program he tried to reserect, but walked away from a few season's ago. Will he be on the bench for the rest of the post-season? I thought he was based on PEI?
My understanding is that Dylan has work commitments on the Island, so he never/seldom travels with the team and is only in Fredericton for a few games a season. I thought last night it was a nice gesture for Gardiner to have Dylan behind the bench, seeing as the UPEI player revolt (which I suspect Jordan Knox was involved with) a few years ago caused Taylor, a former Panthers captain, to leave the hockey program. Gardiner reached out a few years ago and brought Dylan back into AUS hockey by getting him involved with UNB's recruiting.

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for Forbie who had absolutely nothing to do with Dylan leaving and only came on the scene after the fact.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:20 AM
radapex

AUS Finals:
March 2, 7:00pm - SMU @ UNB
March 5, 7:00pm - UNB @ SMU
March 7, 7:00pm - SMU @ UNB (if necessary)

http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...nship/schedule

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
SnipeShow91

With lack of internet I havent been able to write my thoughts so far. I was reading that people were commenting on UPEI's rowdiness when Game 3 was winding down and as a hockey person, thats expected when you are getting pumped at home BUT have another day to live to send the message that game 4 will be different and there is no one here that can argue against that. It's hockey, people get pissed. But in Game 4, same with Ryerson and Nipissing losing, it makes you look bad, the program look bad and the school in general look bad when you know you are going to be eliminated and try to be a tough guy. No room in CIS hockey for that.

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

I have to give credit to UPEI as well. I thought after losing Carter and Gomes they would take a step back this year but they actually made it further (albeit only one win further but still, am improvement). They definitely seem to be on the right path to annually contend/be in the final four.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:51 PM
cishockeyfan

Agreed Upei has made huge strides Forbes has done a great Job, but never forget this movement was started by Dylan Taylor who gave his heart and soul to the program. Great to see Dylan behind the bench for both games on the Island.

Speaking of assistants where has Luke Lynne's been? And how many games has Kevin Pottle been behind the bench with Unb? And I guess while I'm at it who will be the assistant coach helping for game 1 in Freddy and game 2 in Halifax?

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:58 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Are either of the OUA games tonight being webcast anywhere? Don't see anything on SSN...

Old
02-27-2013, 08:15 PM
AdamMcg83

Quote:
Are either of the OUA games tonight being webcast anywhere? Don't see anything on SSN...
I know Windsor-Waterloo is not broadcast - no hardwired internet in the old Windsor Arena. @wloowarriors and @UWWarriorHockey are live-tweeting.

AdamMcg83 is offline   Reply With Quote