HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl realignment includes four divisions, wild card teams

Old
02-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
and what happens when phx has to move to QC?
Seattle is a big player now, dont forget.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
16 teams in the East and only 14 in the West ?
This is why I hate it. No reason to not have it 15 and 15

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Seattle is a big player now, dont forget.
Does not have a suitable temporary anena, no clear potential owner, no new rink confirme yet. They are not in the ball game yet.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Kriss E

Doubt this gets approved.
Much easier for Western teams to get a PO spot. More than half the league will have it tougher to qualify, so I'm not sure how this gets approved.

Maybe if they change the PO format.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Drakkar

I like it. Who cares about the slightly lesser chance to make the playoffs, good teams will still make it.

And the Habs can still meet the Pens in the first round, if any of those 2 teams is the Wild Card team.

And I love the possibility of playing Detroit more often. Now, what I would do however, is once the winner of every division is decided, I would forget about the divisions, and have the 1st teams vs the 4th team, and the 2nd vs the 3rd team. This would enable the possibility of a Stanley Cup Final of Boston vs Montreal, or Vancouver vs Chicago.

Drakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Does not have a suitable temporary anena, no clear potential owner, no new rink confirme yet. They are not in the ball game yet.
but Seattle is in United States, which puts them ahead of Québec (for Bettman)

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:20 PM
No Team Needed

I remember in 1980-1981, the Kings played in the same division as the Canadiens and the Calgary Flames played in the same division as the Islanders.

Good times!

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
tinyzombies

Don't like it. They should reseed after the first round so there's a chance to face your rival in the Stanley Cup finals.

Anaheim vs LA - finals.

Mtl - Toronto

Mtl - Boston

FINALS.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Maelpj*

what was wrong with the current format?

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
IcemanTBI

I just want the Wings in our division, that's all I care for. It means, I will get more chances to go down and see them in Detroit.

IcemanTBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
but Seattle is in United States, which puts them ahead of Québec (for Bettman)
I love people who claim Bettman hated Canada.

They seem to forget that Bettman saved Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa from leaving the NHL when all three teams were going into bankruptcy. The Canadian dollar hated Canadian teams, not Bettman.

Bettman also sold one of the strongest US hockey territories up the river when he allowed Minnesota to be moved to Dallas and didn't flinch to move Hartford to Carolina. He has since allowed Atlanta to move to Winnipeg without much complaint. But he hates Canada.

Just because Canadian GMs are not smart enough to put together Stanley Cup winning teams anymore doesn't mean the league has some hate on for the country. Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa and Calgary all got close to the Cup. They just couldn't pull the trigger. Not Bettman's fault.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
what was wrong with the current format?
Nothing except maybe winnipeg and detroit being in wrong place but other than that...nothing.

This is just a ploy to force rivalries, reduce travel times and increase the revenues and reduce expenses for the owners. Sure, it's a business and it makes perfect business sense but I'd rather not someone sell it to me like it's good for the fans. I don't like it. We will never get to play crosby, malkin, ovechkin and others unless we make the 3rd round and they do too, ridiculous to me.

FWIW, I can deal with 4 divisions, it's no big deal. Being forcefed playoff rivalries is very annoying to me.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
The dumbest system I've seen so far.
What I'd do is cancel all Conferences and Divisions. I'd make a league where each team would face all other teams once at home and once away which makes it 29*2=58 game only. Then the 3rd game between both teams will be drawn (its location). At the end we'll have 87 games per team per season. TOP 16 teams make the playoffs when 1vs16, 2vs15 etc..
The reason for conferences is that changing time zones is extremely tough on the players.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
I don't like a massive realignment like the one proposed one bit, especially when a couple franchises could move as soon as next year.

I also don't like the ridiculous idea of having unbalanced conferences (14-16), what gives? Unless the NHL expands to 2 western cities, it's utterly stupid.

I don't like the wild card idea either... In fact, the only thing I like about this scenario is seeing Detroit in our division, the rest is donkey balls.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Nothing except maybe winnipeg and detroit being in wrong place but other than that...nothing.

This is just a ploy to force rivalries, reduce travel times and increase the revenues and reduce expenses for the owners. Sure, it's a business and it makes perfect business sense but I'd rather not someone sell it to me like it's good for the fans. I don't like it. We will never get to play crosby, malkin, ovechkin and others unless we make the 3rd round and they do too, ridiculous to me.

FWIW, I can deal with 4 divisions, it's no big deal. Being forcefed playoff rivalries is very annoying to me.
We will see them in the regular season, and possibly with the wild card seating as well. I like the idea of always having to face a rival to advance past the 1st round.

Sorinth is online now   Reply With Quote