Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hello all

Old
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
theswede2013

vCash: 500
Hello all

My First post. I am a huge Bruins fan all my life. I love the team that has been built. The family atmosphere and desire for players to remain together is so up lifting. The future is bright with all the talented youth on the team.

I know its way early for this but I am interested in what happens with Rask this off season. He only signed a one year deal. The prospects of Subban coming up could influence a long term deal offered to Rask. I love Rask think he is even better than Tim. But who knows Subban is thought to be a huge talent in the net also. Subban maybe a another year or two away from being with the big club on a regular basis so that being said, does Rask get a 3-4 year deal?

theswede2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Definitely. Subban isn't going to be ready next year (for a few, anyway) and he's a huge risk. He's really boom/bust. Rask is getting signed long-term, I think that's fairly certain. The only thing that's uncertain is the amount he's going to get. That depends on this season, and he's definitely earning himself a nice raise.

Subban COULD be a huge talent, but Tuukka already is. So far he's been one of the best goalies in the league, and he's only 25. Has a looong career ahead of him, hopefully all with Boston. Welcome to the board, by the way. Nice to meet you.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswede2013 View Post
My First post. I am a huge Bruins fan all my life. I love the team that has been built. The family atmosphere and desire for players to remain together is so up lifting. The future is bright with all the talented youth on the team.

I know its way early for this but I am interested in what happens with Rask this off season. He only signed a one year deal. The prospects of Subban coming up could influence a long term deal offered to Rask. I love Rask think he is even better than Tim. But who knows Subban is thought to be a huge talent in the net also. Subban maybe a another year or two away from being with the big club on a regular basis so that being said, does Rask get a 3-4 year deal?
Welcome!

I think Rask will get a 3 or 4 year deal. Khoudobin is fine as a back up, and Svedberg will likely see Boston before Subban. Subban is prolly 3 years away from the AHL let alone the NHL.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
ODAAT

Welcome.....hope you bought loads of Tylenol......life on HF is like no other

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Welcome Swede. As Dellstrom mentioned Rask is a safe bet for an extension, but the question is when. Not the biggest Rask fan, so I say he will be an off-season extension.
Probably. He signed this contract knowing Thomas was gone and it was his team. If he brings this team far into the playoffs he'll definitely get a higher paycheck. I wouldn't expect a deal until the offseason unless he wants to emulate Tom Brady and take a hometown discount.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
the negotiator

Welcome fellow newbie

Two things I've tried to do:

- keep my posts short, objective and without rancor

-read more, post less...realize a few of the crowd need to get a life and that most are here for the right reasons

the negotiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
theswede2013

Thanks for the warm welcome. Subban is years away I agree and I also think Rask is worth signing Long term. On one hand I almost am Glad Tim step aside when he did. He is a good netminder but the cup year seemed to be lick catching lightning in a bottle for him. I think Rask can be more consistent due to his young age.

Horton is another one that has his contract up this year. But I can see him being resigned for big money but taking a little less to stay with this team. The fact that the players enjoy playing here says something. Plus, how the team concept is promoted. I use Segs as an example the NHL media keeps on pushing him as a crosby like star putting up huge numbers (which he is totally capable of). His numbers have slipped in what the media wants to see. But within the team and knowledgeable fans see what he has done on his defensive game. Granted I would love to see him getting a hat trick every night but I am even more excited to see him and anyone else for that matter making plays on D too.

Just gushing with B's man love for this team. Many of the players have spoken recently about they are finding ways to win and have not played a full 60 yet. interesting to think of what things could look like heading into the playoffs and this team playing full 60mins! I can only say with child like gittyness CUP! CUP! CUP!

Old
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Shaun
beauty

As a Swede I'm curious to know what your opinion of the legendary Carl Soderberg?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:50 PM
GordonHowe

Welcome aboard & enjoy,

;-\

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:57 PM
theswede2013

Amazing player. I believe we still have the rights to him but he has yet to leave Sweden.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Welcome aboard.

Rask is definitely priority 1 to re-sign long term. Better than Tim is yet to be determined.
Subban is at least 3 to 4 years away. But I like his athleticism.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:53 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Welcome Swede, we all hope Rask signs a team friendly deal, as he is the real deal.

Hopefully Horton signs and if you know Soderberg, tell him to come over quickly as he is a hero on this board

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Take note....this is an excellent way to say hello to an online community.

Well done, theswede.....Välkommen.

As to your query, the reason Rask and the Bruins signed just the one year deal was that, while talented in the backup role, he hadn't really needed to carry the full season as a #1, so it was smart by the Bruins to see what a year of Tuukka being a FT #1 looks like. To his credit, there were probably teams willing to pay him starter money and a longer term contract based on his performance as a backup...but he chose to stay here.

Third of the season in, he's looking good. We'll see what happens in the playoffs, but Rask is certainly made his way into the top 5 goalies for the league discussion to this point.

As for Subban...and this is true with almost any prospect...they can be hit or miss. Subban has excellent upside but prospects, no matter highly touted...sometimes just don't pan out outside of the exceptional few. Can he be an incredible talent? We all hope so...we just don't know yet.

Most are pretty happy with what we see from Tuukka, so yeah, you extend him for 3-4 years because you know what you're getting.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Welcome to the board !!!

02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
bruins04

welcome! if you love david krejci, prepare to see him thrown into every proposed deal like he's a promotional item.

if you don't, then feel free to throw him into every proposition to fit right in

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
welcome! if you love david krejci, prepare to see him thrown into every proposed deal like he's a promotional item.

if you don't, then feel free to throw him into every proposition to fit right in

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
collin

I think it is important to understand how Chia operates. He keeps players here until they are replaced by competition whether from prospects or FA, then he will deal from a position of strength. That being said, I think Rask is here until one of the other prospects unseat him (which may never happen). Also, because the goalie position, in terms of prospects, is so volatile. What may look like a sure bet now, may not pan out further down the road. Chia knows this and has shown a willingness to be patient. My bet is that we see a long term extension for Rask 4-5 years. Just my $0.02.

collin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Considering all the problems Boston had in net and how easy the Bruins seem to flame out their goaltending prospects; it's safe to say that they want to lock up Rask for 3-4 years. His one year contract gamble seem to pay off.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
“I talk to Peter frequently, about lots of things’’ said Zito, reached Monday at his office in Chicago. “And I am sure I will be talking to him about Tuukka again in the not-too-distant future. But that said, the most important thing is for this not to be a distraction to Tuukka or to anyone else. Right now, the hockey’s the most important thing.’’

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...f6H/story.html

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:46 AM
GloveSave1
- 1 -

Welcome aboard! Always great to add another Bruins Family member to the board.

I wouldn't worry about Tuukka. He's putting together what looks like its going to be one hell of a year. Bruins management has ALWAYS believed in him, and backed it up during the difficult end-of-an-era TT saga. The Bruins would love to see Rask be The Man here for over a decade.

Subban is totally unproven. Rask will at least get one decent length contract out of Boston. Id bet more.

Now that the Bruins don't have to worry about Tuukka somehow falling on his face, id love to see them trade Subban for the right price. I've been impressed with Dobie...and would hate to lose him when the time comes. Just not a lot of room at the inn right now.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Regina

Quote:

Get lost ! We only like the Germans here and one guy from Finland

I kid !!!!

A massive package from Welcome Wagon will soon arrive at your doorstep !!!!!!!!!!

I kid !!!!

Welcome

no kidding around there

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:15 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Welcome - always great to hear from another Bruins fan.

We are an eclectic bunch - and some of us are quite mad.

Join in!!!!!

eightspokedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by the negotiator View Post
..realize a few of the crowd need to get a life
thats only LSCII. we dont talk about him....

welcome to the new dudez

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Welcome!

I think Rask will get a 3 or 4 year deal. Khoudobin is fine as a back up, and Svedberg will likely see Boston before Subban. Subban is prolly 3 years away from the AHL let alone the NHL.
WOW! that means he'll stay in Juniors until age 22. I thought they kick you out after 20.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote