HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Encompassing Call-ups Thread (4/29: Thomas, 9 others recalled to NYR)

Old
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Mashinter was thoroughly unimpressive. I was not at all expecting goals but some good hitting and a timely fight would have been nice.

Kreider needs to play with better people. I thought the kreider-miller-callahan line was good.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Mashinter was thoroughly unimpressive. I was not at all expecting goals but some good hitting and a timely fight would have been nice.

Kreider needs to play with better people. I thought the kreider-miller-callahan line was good.
Yeah, I have no desire to ever see Mashinter play another game for us. None.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, I have no desire to ever see Mashinter play another game for us. None.
It was pretty astounding how little he brought to the table.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i wanna roll my eyes when ppl say stuff like youre ruining a prospect...the amount of players who have had to go up and down and not play for long periods of time and have been successful is just as long as those who went all the way from the minors and worked their ways up permanently.

the fact of the matter is, Kreider is a "tweener" right now...he probably won't learn all that much from playing down there, but he should be playing....and on the flip side, his play at this level hasn't warranted him playing more than he has. so to be honest, either sending him down, or keeping him up are both valid plans....it's really up to him. he's been playing scared...when he starts playing fearless, his ice time will go up.

He's not scared of playing physical or getting engaged, I think he's just scared of making one mistake and getting benched for the entire game, or worse, getting sent to CT. Some players can excel in this kind of environment, others can't. I have been a supporter of Torts, but he does have his favorites, even prospects. I know people will say that Torts has developed other prospects, but it's not for everybody. I don't think playing with fear, which the coach instills, is the best environment to develop youngsters.

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I thought the kreider-miller-callahan line was good.
I've been wanting this line back since ever since they took it away. We won 3 games in a row playing with this line.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
He's not scared of playing physical or getting engaged, I think he's just scared of making one mistake and getting benched for the entire game, or worse, getting sent to CT. Some players can excel in this kind of environment, others can't. I have been a supporter of Torts, but he does have his favorites, even prospects. I know people will say that Torts has developed other prospects, but it's not for everybody. I don't think playing with fear, which the coach instills, is the best environment to develop youngsters.
It's hard love kind of feeling.. you can't say he plays favorites either because torts benched gabs and richards, both of whom are paid like superstars and need to be out there to make things happen.. the guy does it with everyone and if you look at all of our prospects since hes been here and groomed they all have gotten the same treatment, averaging around 10-14min/g and sometime if he feels they shouldn't be playing in a situation he keeps them on the bench and they watch.. I am a big supporter of Torts, and i even agree with most of your points all you guys make...He is the coach and its up to pros to be accountable for how they play, whether rookie or 10yr vet, do you think thats a hard concept to believe in.. The average person at work does what their boss tells them to do and to preform at the task or they are penalized or fired..Works both ways, this is no different.. Players must buy into the coach and play up to a level they are asked to play as pros..

Richards and gabs need to play much much better and that will help the overall team play better..

Going forward I want to see this

Nash-Richards- Palmieri (Played with Kovy)
Hagelin-Stepan- Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan (support the rookies/balance lineup)
Powe-Boyle- Asham/Pyatt( havent been impressed with either, rather youth)

-Mash to me wasn't to bad, he's a young player will make mistakes, but I would like him on Fourth line

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
He is up there in terms of the most useless players I have ever seen play for this team.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He is up there in terms of the most useless players I have ever seen play for this team.
Agreed. But at least he wasn't of negative usefulness, unlike our very own Stew Pickles.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
3rdlineglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
I've been wanting this line back since ever since they took it away. We won 3 games in a row playing with this line.
And then Boyle got forced back into the Top 9 somehow.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
It was astounding how horrendous he was. He made two terrible plays last night that led to goals against.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i think his negative play is a little overblown. ppl make mistakes from time to time. by and large, he was a body, he didnt hurt us, he didnt help us. i was fine with him. but now that better options are available, down he goes.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
i think his negative play is a little overblown. ppl make mistakes from time to time. by and large, he was a body, he didnt hurt us, he didnt help us. i was fine with him. but now that better options are available, down he goes.
He pretty much was just "there", but when you do nothing positive, and have several poor plays sprinkled in there, he ends up being a bad player more than a "body". I mean, I was hoping to see the team play him, and I was hoping for a decent 4th line player that'll throw the body. I can't believe he was as useless and sometimes backbreaking as he was.

On the whole, he was Dane Byers 2.0.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

His callup could have and should have been so much different that it was.

Rangers lack toughness. Departure of Rupper, injury to Asham and Bickels inconsistency literally left the door wide open for a tough guy who can actually play the game. Mash got a chance and just didn't deliver. He missed on two things.
1)He's big but didn't play like his size suggests. Should have played balls to the wall in his limited time. Really go after it. Instead he played it tentative. Could tell he wanted to play it safe. He ended up getting in trouble with it and as a result was sent back.
2)He never goaded anyone to drop the mitts. Plenty of chances to as the club could have certainly used a spark. I'm sure Prust would have been game.

One thing that always drives me nuts though. It's OK for the big names to make mistakes on a nightly basis, but when 1 guy fails to get he puck up the boards and out of the zone he then gets the one way ticket to palooka-ville!

I think for a coach when you have a kid like this that you don't know anything about but do know the intangibles you let him loose. I don't think that is what transpired here with Mash. Unlike the bulk of Rangers fans I want to see him get another callup for a closer look at what they really have. A call up against the Flyers, Isles or the Bruins.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He pretty much was just "there", but when you do nothing positive, and have several poor plays sprinkled in there, he ends up being a bad player more than a "body". I mean, I was hoping to see the team play him, and I was hoping for a decent 4th line player that'll throw the body. I can't believe he was as useless and sometimes backbreaking as he was.

On the whole, he was Dane Byers 2.0.
Dane Byers made 50 times more of his chance. he hit and fought and he did stick up for his teammates rememeber the Flames game he was only one who stuck up for the capt. I liked Byers

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
His callup could have and should have been so much different that it was.

Rangers lack toughness. Departure of Rupper, injury to Asham and Bickels inconsistency literally left the door wide open for a tough guy who can actually play the game. Mash got a chance and just didn't deliver. He missed on two things.
1)He's big but didn't play like his size suggests. Should have played balls to the wall in his limited time. Really go after it. Instead he played it tentative. Could tell he wanted to play it safe. He ended up getting in trouble with it and as a result was sent back.
2)He never goaded anyone to drop the mitts. Plenty of chances to as the club could have certainly used a spark. I'm sure Prust would have been game.

One thing that always drives me nuts though. It's OK for the big names to make mistakes on a nightly basis, but when 1 guy fails to get he puck up the boards and out of the zone he then gets the one way ticket to palooka-ville!

I think for a coach when you have a kid like this that you don't know anything about but do know the intangibles you let him loose. I don't think that is what transpired here with Mash. Unlike the bulk of Rangers fans I want to see him get another callup for a closer look at what they really have. A call up against the Flyers, Isles or the Bruins.

thank you finally!!! rangers here are like watching the news, everythings always negative and they keep harping on those negatives...He young, going to make mistakes and I think he has enough potentials to play that role and excel in that role once he gets his feet wet...

Prust wasnt prust untill he was coached up by torts and look what happened to him signed a 4yr-10m contract.. We have to do this with miller, kreider, stepan, mcd, mdz mistakes will happen but they learn and are only going to get better with time, so lets give it to them!!

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Was very surprised at how few checks Mashinter finished. Too many times on a forecheck he was peeling off instead of finishing his checks. What was that about? He's a big body, 4th line guy who was supposed to bring toughness and an edge. Meanwhile he didn't play a physical game at all, I was seriously confused as to why a player who was supposed to be this "nasty and physical guy" for the Whale would come up to the big club and not finish his checks. Then his play in the d-zone last game was just the icing on the cake to say he's not ready to be up here yet.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Kreider got assigned to the AHL per Larry Brooks

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
He hurt us. It was pretty much singlehandedly his fault we lost the last game.

Without him on the ice, i think we win that game.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
i wanna roll my eyes when ppl say stuff like youre ruining a prospect...the amount of players who have had to go up and down and not play for long periods of time and have been successful is just as long as those who went all the way from the minors and worked their ways up permanently.

the fact of the matter is, Kreider is a "tweener" right now...he probably won't learn all that much from playing down there, but he should be playing....and on the flip side, his play at this level hasn't warranted him playing more than he has. so to be honest, either sending him down, or keeping him up are both valid plans....it's really up to him. he's been playing scared...when he starts playing fearless, his ice time will go up.
Sorry for the double post, just reading this, but i completely agree. Callahan, Del Zotto, etc, important parts of our core have gone through the same kind of development. Kreider has been crap this season and needs to develop more

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny
#NYR officially send @ChrisKreider to @CTWhale..solid move 4 now: let him play, get minutes, rebuild some confidence maybe..
Kreider down

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Pretty much confirms Nash is in

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:59 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Keep em down for 2-4 weeks give or take the progress he makes

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Kreider down
Good. Now Torts needs to leave him down there, let him play, and stop calling him up to cover for injuries. It makes no sense to yo yo him when every time he brings Kreider up he just *****es that he is not ready and scratches him.

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place View Post
Good. Now Torts needs to leave him down there, let him play, and stop calling him up to cover for injuries. It makes no sense to yo yo him when every time he brings Kreider up he just *****es that he is not ready and scratches him.
The team called him up, not Tortorella.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The team called him up, not Tortorella.
True, but I'd like to see Torts and the team on the same page. If he's up he has to play. If he's not gonna play, he has to stay down.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote