HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I fully agree with you that both Vey and Toffoli will be on the Kings roster- I like them both. I understand that they will need to bump someone out of the lineup to make that happen. However, I just don't think that Stoll will be the one coming out of the lineup. If you look at yesterday's game, Stoll took virtually all his draws in the defensive zone. Vey may be competent at defense, but lacks the high end defensive abilities (and faceoff ability) that Stoll brings.

Having Stoll on the roster gives Kopitar and Richards line more offensive zone faceoffs. We've gotten away from the Terry Murray system of using Kopitar to shut down opposing top lines, which I believe is a better use of resources.
I don't think he was implying that Stoll would be coming out of the lineup; he was saying Vey would be the 3C while Stoll would be the 4C.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I don't think he was implying that Stoll would be coming out of the lineup; he was saying Vey would be the 3C while Stoll would be the 4C.
Correct.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Any chance the kings sign Yellow Horn? He could be the wild card.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:00 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Any chance the kings sign Yellow Horn? He could be the wild card.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Yellow Horn signed to a two-way contract. Especially since Toffoli or Vey are the favorites to come up and play in the NHL next season, Manchester could use the scoring depth.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:13 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I'm kind of surprised how well Yellow Horn is doing in Manchester as I thought he wasn't an AHL guy considering his play in Ontario but he's proving me wrong.

I believe Manchester/LA has a while before they officially have to offer him a contract. I read that you can play 25 games on a PTO at which point you can be signed to another PTO and or signed. If you sign a 2nd PTO it's either contract or demotion at the end of it. I'd like to get a real answer on this but I'm too cheap to pay for the AHL CBA.

Kings have 42 Contracts on the reserve list(3 players are on Entry Level Slides) which means they can realistically sign him to an AHL/NHL deal. Then again he could also take an AHL only contract which is possible.

Either way the Monarchs have Huxley and LoVerde too that will be soon getting close to this mark as well.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Yellow Horn signed to a two-way contract. Especially since Toffoli or Vey are the favorites to come up and play in the NHL next season, Manchester could use the scoring depth.
The thing that concerns me about YH is his size, especially on our current roster and its philosophy on having bigger players. It seems to me, unless you're a highly skilled player/prospect i.e. Toffoli, you may never get the chance with the kings. I hope I'm wrong, but with the kings, seems to me that size does matter.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:21 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The thing that concerns me about YH is his size, especially on our current roster and its philosophy on having bigger players. It seems to me, unless you're a highly skilled player/prospect i.e. Toffoli, you may never get the chance with the kings. I hope I'm wrong, but with the kings, seems to me that size does matter.
Which is why they'll sign him to a two way contract for scoring depth in Manchester. Not with the intent of him being a regular NHLer

Old
02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Which is why they'll sign him to a two way contract for scoring depth in Manchester. Not with the intent of him being a regular NHLer
Yeah, I forgot about your point on 2-way contract. I would still love to get a looksy of these little fellars before they get traded or perhaps, never make it up. I guess I have next year's training camp to look forward to.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:06 PM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisone View Post
You must be related to him because you are always pumping him up, it's not minor hockey you don't have to do that anymore. When I did watch the games he was first line pp playing with the two players currently in the NHL.
What a ridiculous post. I have watched plenty of Manchester's games, being a die hard Kings fan. I can surely post my general observations that I see when I watch their games, and would surely be backed up by other Monarchs fans. You have posted 3 whole times on these forums. Judging from the way your posts are written, I am sure I am responding to a young kid of some kind, but that is fine. Please keep your ridiculous conspiracy theories to yourself please, and try not to insult the other posters of this board. Thanks.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:11 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

nnnn

Last edited by AKAY47: 03-02-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 03:22 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
I always saw him at clubs during the summer, he likes to drink loool I'll tell you that much.
Not surprised. His girlfriend seems to be a "partygirl". Haha!

Old
03-01-2013, 08:52 AM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I'm kind of surprised how well Yellow Horn is doing in Manchester as I thought he wasn't an AHL guy considering his play in Ontario but he's proving me wrong.
I watched him a lot in Ontario this year and I was pretty confident he would contribute (though not dominate like he did in the ECHL) at the AHL level.

He's really got that "right place, right time" soft areas scoring instinct and sees the ice better than most so he will always succeed beyond his size as long as he works hard. I'd say AHL is the ceiling, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

This is a good article written at the time of his AHL call up. Late bloomer story:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/reign/c...-shoots-scores

Old
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Not surprised. His girlfriend seems to be a "partygirl". Haha!
YES LOL I know Taylore too, she's wild man

Old
03-01-2013, 11:55 AM
palffytofrovlov

Now Pearson is out for 3 weeks with an injury...

Old
03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
A good buddy of mine, Eric O'Dell, who plays for the St. John's IceCaps just told me a little bit about the Monarchs. Asked him who he thought their best player was this year and he told me hands down Tyler Toffoli and that the kid had a legit shot at being a star in the show. Me and OD are both from Ottawa and Toffoli did play for the 67s, so we kind of are biased but yeah, Ty is legit man. I always saw him at clubs during the summer, he likes to drink loool I'll tell you that much.

O'Dell also told me he likes Andreoff's game and that Vey was solid. Said he wasn't sold on Pearson yet and that our D is **** right now. Makes sense, since they lost Martinez, Voynov, Muzzin, Campbell. Anyways, just a little bit of insight.
Thanks for sharing. FWIW, I always hoped the Kings would draft O'Dell. I was very annoyed when the Ducks grabbed him.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
KingsFan7824

Yeah, the Kings depth has taken a hit over the last few years. It looks like the Monarchs have 8 or 9 non-King contracted players on minor league contracts. That seems like a lot.

With the Kings down 2 or 3 defensemen all year long, Hickey going for nothing, Clune going for nothing, Teubert being dealt a few years ago, Forbert still in college(along with a few others, but they're all developing for free), Loktionov for a pick, nobody that ever replaced King or Nolan, Moller/Holloway/Azevedo all in Europe, and with injuries to who is down in Manchester, the Monarchs are just scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a lineup together.

Just the trials and tribulations of a minor league hockey team I guess.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Yeah, the Kings depth has taken a hit over the last few years. It looks like the Monarchs have 8 or 9 non-King contracted players on minor league contracts. That seems like a lot.

With the Kings down 2 or 3 defensemen all year long, Hickey going for nothing, Clune going for nothing, Teubert being dealt a few years ago, Forbert still in college(along with a few others, but they're all developing for free), Loktionov for a pick, nobody that ever replaced King or Nolan, Moller/Holloway/Azevedo all in Europe, and with injuries to who is down in Manchester, the Monarchs are just scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a lineup together.

Just the trials and tribulations of a minor league hockey team I guess.
By midweek I half expect Hubie will be getting his buddies from the beer league. This whole thing has gone from bad to worse.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Wide open hockey against the Ice Caps, 4-3 after two periods. Kozun with his 20th, Toffoli with his 27th, and Andreoff with his 7th.

Starting to wonder if Jones is getting burnt out with all the starts he's had of late. He hasn't had a day off in a while.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
northernKing

Quote:
A good buddy of mine, Eric O'Dell, who plays for the St. John's IceCaps just told me a little bit about the Monarchs. Asked him who he thought their best player was this year and he told me hands down Tyler Toffoli and that the kid had a legit shot at being a star in the show. Me and OD are both from Ottawa and Toffoli did play for the 67s, so we kind of are biased but yeah, Ty is legit man. I always saw him at clubs during the summer, he likes to drink loool I'll tell you that much.

O'Dell also told me he likes Andreoff's game and that Vey was solid. Said he wasn't sold on Pearson yet and that our D is **** right now. Makes sense, since they lost Martinez, Voynov, Muzzin, Campbell. Anyways, just a little bit of insight.
Seems like your buddy's having a great game vs Manchester tonight lol!

Old
03-01-2013, 07:16 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:

A new friend is in order

Old
03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Firenze
Robynho

Quote:

O'Dell, Eric: 2G 2A +1

Old
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Monarchs win 5-4 in a shoot out! Nice come back tonight in a wild one. Especially considering half the Monarchs roster are from the ECHL...

Andreoff tied in up with about 43 seconds to go or so. Weal and Yellow Horn scored in the shoot out which the Monarchs won 2-1.

Goals from Andreoff (2), Kozun, and Toffoli

Monarchs now have 2 players in the top 15 in goal scorers Toffoli is #2 with 27 goals and Kozun is tied at 11 with 20 goals

Vey is tied for 3rd in the league with 33 assists

Old
03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Impressive stats!

The two players Toffoli is mostly in competition with for the goal leader title is Jamie Tardif of the Providence Bruins and Tyler Johnson of the Syracuse Crunch. Tardif and Johnson both have 12 and 11 goals power play goals. Which ranks them 2 & 3 in the league in PP goals. Meanwhile, Toffoli only has scored half that amount on the PP with 6 goals and ranks 51st in the league.

Also, Johnson has 8 empty net goals, which leads the league. Toffoli has half of that with 4 empty net goals.

And in case your wondering Toffoli has 2 short handed goals. (got one tonight). Johnson has 1 and Tardif has 0.

It should be also noted that Toffoli is the only rookie of the 3. Johnson is in his 2nd AHL season and Tardif is a likely career AHLer in his 7th AHL season.

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 03-01-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Impressive stats!

The two players Toffoli is mostly in competition with for the goal leader title is Jamie Tardif of the Providence Bruins and Tyler Johnson of the Syracuse Crunch. Tardif and Johnson both have 12 and 11 goals power play goals. Which ranks them 2 & 3 in the league in PP goals. Meanwhile, Toffoli only has scored half that amount on the PP with 6 goals and ranks 51st in the league.

Also, Johnson has 8 empty net goals, which leads the league. Toffoli has half of that with 4 empty net goals.

And in case your wondering Toffoli has 2 short handed goals. (got one tonight). Johnson has 1 and Tardif has 0.

It should be also noted that Toffoli is the only rookie of the 3. Johnson is in his 2nd AHL season and Tardif is a likely career AHLer in his 7th AHL season.
Toffoli is also 2 yrs younger than Johnson.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:27 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Hahaha

Last edited by AKAY47: 03-02-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Closed Thread