HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-phi

Old
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
powerpaul444

vCash: 500
Diaz and a 2nd rnder for Simmons.Maybe since Habs are stocked on D in Hamilton

powerpaul444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpaul444 View Post
Diaz and a 2nd rnder for Simmons.Maybe since Habs are stocked on D in Hamilton
Not really even that close.

That package would get you Matt Read. Not really anyone else.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

Read? seriously? You do realize Gainey's in Dallas and Gauthier's in Chicago... habs aren't giving away gifts anymore.

Read & a 2nd wouldn't get you Diaz...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Read? seriously? You do realize Gainey's in Dallas and Gauthier's in Chicago... habs aren't giving away gifts anymore.

Dont worry most-to-all flyers fans wouldnt trade read staight up for diaz.

Seiously what this thread has shown is that we all just want to keep our players.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Oh really?

St. Louis and a 2nd won't get us Rafalski eh?

Am I the only one who realizes that Diaz and Read are solid players who are just going to be solid players for the rest of their careers and not freaking all-stars?

You'd think we were trading guaranteed Stanley Cups here.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Oh really?

St. Louis and a 2nd won't get us Rafalski eh?

Am I the only one who realizes that Diaz and Read are solid players who are just going to be solid players for the rest of their careers and not freaking all-stars?

You'd think we were trading guaranteed Stanley Cups here.
In this particular instance it is more about team needs than actual value. Montreal would and should not give up anything for Read because we are already small enough and Read isn't bringing anything to our team we do not already have. Diaz is more valuable to the Habs, and would probably be more valuable to the Flyers as well. Read is a good young player, but his size prevents Montreal from using any asset of worth to get him.

Obviously, Diaz and a 2nd do NOT get Simmonds. I wish it were otherwise...lol.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:

Good value probably but the habs don't need another small player.

Simmonds must be an untouchable in Philly but he would be the player targeted in a deal between the 2 for sure.

Eller Diaz is really good value for Simmonds but i doubt the habs do it either.

Dharvey33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:26 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Good value probably but the habs don't need another small player.

Simmonds must be an untouchable in Philly but he would be the player targeted in a deal between the 2 for sure.

Eller Diaz is really good value for Simmonds but i doubt the habs do it either.
Diaz is an interesting piece, but not something that I would move Simmonds for unless the second piece was a no brainer. Simmonds brings much more value than just from his offensive production. His teammates love him because he's the ultimate team guy, and opponents hate him because he keeps them honest for the most part. It also doesn't hurt that he can pot 25 a year though.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Diaz is an interesting piece, but not something that I would move Simmonds for unless the second piece was a no brainer. Simmonds brings much more value than just from his offensive production. His teammates love him because he's the ultimate team guy, and opponents hate him because he keeps them honest for the most part. It also doesn't hurt that he can pot 25 a year though.
Eller is far from a scrub but you have a similar player in Couturier so i don't really know.

I wouldn't want to trade Simmonds too if he was on the habs.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Eller is far from a scrub but you have a similar player in Couturier so i don't really know.

I wouldn't want to trade Simmonds too if he was on the habs.
Eller is a good player. I was just assuming Eller wouldn't be part of a deal because we already have Couturier on the team and Laughton in the system who looks be of a similar mold defensively. It would have to be something like Diaz + a winger that would be a top six type. At that point, the Habs would probably say no and there would be no deal.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Eller is a good player. I was just assuming Eller wouldn't be part of a deal because we already have Couturier on the team and Laughton in the system who looks be of a similar mold defensively. It would have to be something like Diaz + a winger that would be a top six type. At that point, the Habs would probably say no and there would be no deal.
Diaz Bourque i'd do it maybe add a pick.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:04 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Diaz Bourque i'd do it maybe add a pick.
For Simmonds?

Subban.

Spare parts don't work. Also Simmonds isn't available so why are we doing this?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
For Simmonds?

Subban.

27 goal score plus a 26 year old Dman whose in the top 5 for points amongst dman spare parts

Subban is more valuable than Simmonds flyers would have to add quite a bit.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Chacal667

Flyers and habs aren't good trade partner.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
For Simmonds?

Subban.

subban for simmonds?
clued out and homer.

you'll NEVER get that from montreal. Ever

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
subban for simmonds?
clued out and homer.

you'll NEVER get that from montreal. Ever
I never said Simmonds would get us Subban. I just said what it would take from Montreal.

I also said you're not getting Simmonds for spare parts like Diaz and a 2nd.

You think Diaz + 2nd is fair for Simmonds and I'M the homer?

Old
02-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
I never said Simmonds would get us Subban. I just said what it would take from Montreal.

I also said you're not getting Simmonds for spare parts like Diaz and a 2nd.

You think Diaz + 2nd is fair for Simmonds and I'M the homer?
Diaz isn't a spare part. As a "hockey writer" you probably should watch the habs a bit more, maybe a lot more - and see his points, special team minutes etc...

I also said Eller and Diaz (not a 2nd) and based on the way both of them are playing right now, I would say 90% of hab fans wouldn't make the deal.

I would still do it, but Habs might regret it.

I know what habs get. Flyers get a very good pmd - which they have very little of + a big two-way center who can play the wing and will score 20 + goals per year

Old
02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Diaz isn't a spare part. As a "hockey writer" you probably should watch the habs a bit more, maybe a lot more - and see his points, special team minutes etc...
Then if Diaz isn't a spare part, then Read + 2nd for Subban.

Quote:
I also said Eller and Diaz (not a 2nd) and based on the way both of them are playing right now, I would say 90% of hab fans wouldn't make the deal.
So Grossmann + Read for Subban?

Am I getting any closer?

Quote:
I would still do it, but Habs might regret it.

I know what habs get. Flyers get a very good pmd - which they have very little of + a big two-way center who can play the wing and will score 20 + goals per year
We don't need any two-way centers. You can't just give us things we don't need and expect a deal to be made.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Then if Diaz isn't a spare part, then Read + 2nd for Subban.

So Grossmann + Read for Subban?

Am I getting any closer?

We don't need any two-way centers. You can't just give us this we don't need and expect a deal to be made.
your counter-offers are awful. read has nowhere the value of Subban, and spare me the idiocy we both know quality dmen have FAR more value than forwards. Laughton isn't where Eller is yet. More speculation on your part.

Hey it's fine with me, keep recycling wingers like gagne and knuble while you play 5 pylons a night.

maybe you'll get Seth Jones, maybe not.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
your counter-offers are awful. read has nowhere the value of Subban, and spare me the idiocy we both know quality dmen have FAR more value than forwards. Laughton isn't where Eller is yet. More speculation on your part.
Diaz has nowhere near the value of Simmonds.

And yeah, Laughton isn't Eller yet. That's why I included Grossmann, who is for all intents and purposes, a defensive version of Eller.

You're the one who keeps getting angry at my counter-offers. I'm purposely making them as ridiculous as your offers to demonstrate how unreasonable you're being and how far off you are.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Diaz has nowhere near the value of Simmonds.

And yeah, Laughton isn't Eller yet. That's why I included Grossmann, who is for all intents and purposes, a defensive version of Eller.

You're the one who keeps getting angry at my counter-offers. I'm purposely making them as ridiculous as your offers to demonstrate how unreasonable you're being and how far off you are.
you've made many, many homer offers including your ridiculous assessment of Halak. surprised you're not in the giroux / pietrangelo thread yet.

What you fail to remember is context. Maybe simmonds is worth more than Diaz but you're terrible, and i mean terrible D makes an asset like diaz - especially paired with someone like Coburn very important. he instantly improves your PP and ability to get the puck out of your own zone. That's why a GM does t. I know what simmonds brings - but you have a little of that with McGinn, rinaldo etc...You don't have a diaz

If you've bothered to watch Eller, you'd see how good he can be and why Bergevin gets lots of calls for him. Eller and diaz is fair for Simmonds. Habs can throw in a 2nd but the value is not far off.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
you've made many, many homer offers including your ridiculous assessment of Halak. surprised you're not in the giroux / pietrangelo thread yet.
Pietrangelo is more valuable. Why would I get myself involved when people are being far more reasonable there than in here?

Quote:
What you fail to remember is context. Maybe simmonds is worth more than Diaz but you're terrible, and i mean terrible D makes an asset like diaz - especially paired with someone like Coburn very important. he instantly improves your PP and ability to get the puck out of your own zone. That's why a GM does t. I know what simmonds brings - but you have a little of that with McGinn, rinaldo etc...You don't have a diaz
I know we don't have a Diaz. That doesn't mean we're giving up Simmonds. And if you think Rinaldo or McGinn are anything remotely like Simmonds in playstyle then you know nothing about Simmonds.

Not all sandpaper players are the same. McGinn is closer to Knuble/lesser Hartnell than anything. Rinaldo is just a faster Carcillo. Neither are anything like Simmonds.

Maybe we should work something around McGinn, if that's the kind of player you need.

Quote:
If you've bothered to watch Eller, you'd see how good he can be and why Bergevin gets lots of calls for him. Eller and diaz is fair for Simmonds. Habs can throw in a 2nd but the value is not far off.
Yes it is. This is coming from the same fanbase that brought you "Eller is as valuable as Couturier."

As I said before. Eller is not Couturier. Diaz is not Rafalski. And honestly, this is getting annoying.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
catmanhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Flyers and habs aren't good trade partner.
I kind of think they are. Problem is Habs fans and Flyers fans aren't.. lol

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Pietrangelo is more valuable. Why would I get myself involved when people are being far more reasonable there than in here?

I know we don't have a Diaz. That doesn't mean we're giving up Simmonds. And if you think Rinaldo or McGinn are anything remotely like Simmonds in playstyle then you know nothing about Simmonds.

Not all sandpaper players are the same. McGinn is closer to Knuble/lesser Hartnell than anything. Rinaldo is just a faster Carcillo. Neither are anything like Simmonds.

Maybe we should work something around McGinn, if that's the kind of player you need.

Yes it is. This is coming from the same fanbase that brought you "Eller is as valuable as Couturier."

As I said before. Eller is not Couturier. Diaz is not Rafalski. And honestly, this is getting annoying.
it is getting annoying. i guess we agree on something. i never said eller was couturier but keep generalizing about the fanbase. i never said those players were simmonds what i DID say is GM's make moves out of NEEDS. and you desperately need skill on D..you have forwards who can score and who can fight. they don't put it together the same way simmonds does but you seem to have a bigger problem on D - that's why trades are made. trades are much less about hypothetical comparisons...that's contracts

Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

"Ouch" on the cheap shot. Eller is going to show he is comparable to Couturier over the length of their careers. No, Diaz is not Rafalski. Yet. Yes, he can develop into Rafalski in the right situation.

You know, I love how Couturier is a guaranteed great player because of one decent season and a very good playoff run. Sounds an awful lot like JvR. How is HE working out for you? You know, the guy who was such a high draft pick, who was "untouchable", who was too valuable to the team to trade for ONLY a goalie? How many Cups have you won with Carter and Richards, the other "untouchables" you informed everyone would never get traded? Your record on this site is full of some rather large "homer" statements, and with a house made of such glass you might want to be careful about tossing pot shots around at other fan bases and fans.

I will repeat. Couturier is comparable to Eller. Diaz is comparable to where Rafalski was after the same number of games in the NHL and at the same age. Saying someone is COMPARABLE to somebody else does not mean the other player is being denigrated. You think your statements are any less like a homer's than anyone else's yet seem to forget how wrong you have been over the past few years in print on this very site. Have you noticed that your defence of Couturier's superiority is based on Couturier being younger, but your derision of the Diaz/Rafalski comparison doesn't even have the age factor included? Nice way to flip flop based on which side of the argument you want to push.

We agree that Diaz and Eller for Simmonds is a non-starter for Philly. Stick to factual statements like that. Your ability to evaluate other players is limited. Heck, your ability to even know anything about the very team you write about is rather porous, so try and stick to the team you supposedly follow and know before trashing other teams' players.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote