HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Evander Kane

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 AM
  #76
Pie Man
A-Pie
 
Pie Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Im the guy next door
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Last season people thought Landeskog was better, have peoples opinions change now regarding Kane vs Landeskog?

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
  #77
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
He has bad taste in music, ugly haircut, media portrays him as a selfish and stirs controversy.
But as a hockey player he is excellent.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
  #78
LowEnd88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I personally won't be sold on Kane until we start seeing more money phone photos

LowEnd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:46 AM
  #79
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 891
Kane is great. The biggest gripe I had with him was whether he had enough hockey sense to produce like he currently is. I guess that question has been answered.

With regard to his haircut and money phone they are a little goofy and silly but completely harmless. Though the money phone picture was a case of terrible timing because it happened during the lock out. When you have players claiming they are like the average Joe and they are going to have to work for 30 years after they retire you could see how a picture like that might rub people the wrong way.

Not paying his bills is nothing more, as far as I'm concerned than an unsubstantiated rumour.

veganhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
  #80
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Its not always racist. I said that in my post. However, a lot of times racism does have a factor in how people think and it shouldn't. Racism is not acceptable, and should never be acceptable. If you don't see how someone claiming they "hate" a young black hockey player, for no reason at all, could be seen as a racist remark then you are a fool.

I live in Winnipeg and have heard racist remarks made about Kane. Its not acceptable.

Hate on Kane for his attitude, his taste in music, or whatever. That's fine. But when you start hating on someone for literally no reason, as that poster admitted, then there is something wrong with you.

And no, people do not hate Kessal in the same way people hate Kane. Saying they do is ignorant.
So to summarize this post: when someone hates a player for no reason, there are lots of possible explanations. Unless he's black, then it can only be because of race. Anyone who doesn't grok the truth of this is dumb. And anyone who thinks the Toronto media hates Phil Kessel is crazy.

Great contribution, dude.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
  #81
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
So to summarize this post: when someone hates a player for no reason, there are lots of possible explanations. Unless he's black, then it can only be because of race. Anyone who doesn't grok the truth of this is dumb. And anyone who thinks the Toronto media hates Phil Kessel is crazy.

Great contribution, dude.
Except I clearly stated, in the first line of my first post, that it might not be a racist remark.

The argument behind racism is "I hate you for no reason" that is a fact. So when someone comes in a talks about how they hate a black player, who has had racist comments about him in the past, for literally no reason, then yea that comment could be seen to have racial undertones, which another poster, again not me, pointed out.

Someone else then said that pointing out a questionable comments motives "was disgusting"

I don't agree. Pretending racisn doesnt exist is unacceptable to me, a person that has been touched by peoples ignorant hate. Like I said I dont know the reasons behind the original comment, but anyone with half a brain can see how someone could take them as racial, when looking at the past history of racist comments towards Kane.

And again, you're changing what i said. I never said people claimimg that people hate Kessal were crazy. I said that its ignorance to pretend the hate Kessal recieves was anything close to the hate Kane recieves. Ill stand by my statement. Kane does receive racial hate. This is a fact, I've heard it personally. Its disgusting and not acceptable. To pretend the media hate Kessal is anything close to the racist comments people have directed at Kane is pure ignorance of some of the disgusting things people have said about Kane

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:47 PM
  #82
Wedgeden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Not sure why people keep bringing up Kane's choice in music. There are a lot of players that admit to listening to Nickelback.

Wedgeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
  #83
Hipster Doofus
Registered User
 
Hipster Doofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Teemuchuk View Post
He and Ladd have been in LW beast mode on this road trip. But Kane still needs to save multiple orphans from multiple burning orphanages before the haters will get beyond ******** on him.
Ive yet to ever read a statement made by a human being derailing haters that was in any way accurate or on point. Kane is a certifiable jack-ass off the ice if he does indeed skip out on bills. But I guess expectinga human being to be a decent human being is being a hater. Funny thing is, its not so much about hating Kane, or that he even did it, but rather "wow, thats an awful thing if true."

Hater haters are worse than haters.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
  #84
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Except I clearly stated, in the first line of my first post, that it might not be a racist remark.

The argument behind racism is "I hate you for no reason" that is a fact. So when someone comes in a talks about how they hate a black player, who has had racist comments about him in the past, for literally no reason, then yea that comment could be seen to have racial undertones, which another poster, again not me, pointed out.

Someone else then said that pointing out a questionable comments motives "was disgusting"

I don't agree. Pretending racisn doesnt exist is unacceptable to me, a person that has been touched by peoples ignorant hate. Like I said I dont know the reasons behind the original comment, but anyone with half a brain can see how someone could take them as racial, when looking at the past history of racist comments towards Kane.

And again, you're changing what i said. I never said people claimimg that people hate Kessal were crazy. I said that its ignorance to pretend the hate Kessal recieves was anything close to the hate Kane recieves. Ill stand by my statement. Kane does receive racial hate. This is a fact, I've heard it personally. Its disgusting and not acceptable. To pretend the media hate Kessal is anything close to the racist comments people have directed at Kane is pure ignorance of some of the disgusting things people have said about Kane
Please. The Toronto media has hated Kessel's guts with no justification for longer than Winnipeg has even had a fan-base for the particular franchise Kane plays for.

And yeah, it's worse.

Kane shaved an advertisement for another man's business into his hair and the Winnipeg media didn't like that because it's something an 11 year old would do, then forgot about it a day later.

Can you imagine the uproar if KESSEL did that? It would be endless. There would be no articles written about the games until he was traded. Just op-eds about his dumb haircut on the front page 6 days a week.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
  #85
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Please. The Toronto media has hated Kessel's guts with no justification for longer than Winnipeg has even had a fan-base for the particular franchise Kane plays for.

And yeah, it's worse.

Kane shaved an advertisement for another man's business into his hair and the Winnipeg media didn't like that because it's something an 11 year old would do, then forgot about it a day later.

Can you imagine the uproar if KESSEL did that? It would be endless. There would be no articles written about the games until he was traded. Just op-eds about his dumb haircut on the front page 6 days a week.
You are wrong if you think the level of insults Kessal recieves are similar to the ones Kane gets you are ignorant. Its not only about the media. I've heard people say and I'm quoting "I don't hate Kane cause he's black, I hate him because he's got a ' N words' attitude." I've seen multiple people on twitter call Kane a "D bag n word"

These insults are completly unacceptable in 2013. Nothing that Kessal gets called will be even close to as offensive as some of the **** that Kane has to put up with. And I'm paraphrasing. They weren't saying "N word"


Last edited by JetsHomer: 02-27-2013 at 05:07 PM.
JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  #86
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
You are wrong if you think the level of insults Kessal recieves are similar to the ones Kane gets you are ignorant. Its not only about the media. I've heard people say and I'm quoting "I don't hate Kane cause he's black, I hate him because he's got a ******* attitude." I've seen multiple people on twitter call Kane a "******** ******"

These insults are completly unacceptable in 2013. Nothing that Kessal gets called will be even close to as offensive as some of the **** that Kane has to put up with.
Kane was emphatic in his interview that he was not claiming, and did not want to be perceived as a "victim".

Give this s*** a rest, already.

Your friends aren't "most people". If you are so fired up on a message board about how people treat Kane, how are you still friends with your "friends" who you claim make racist remarks in front of you?

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  #87
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Kane was emphatic in his interview that he was not claiming, and did not want to be perceived as a "victim".

Give this s*** a rest, already.

Your friends aren't "most people". If you are so fired up on a message board about how people treat Kane, how are you still friends with your "friends" who you claim make racist remarks in front of you?
I'm not calling him a victim. But pretending racism doesn't exist is not the answer either. I'm not sure why you put friends in quotation marks. I never said friends in my posts. I'm not friends with racists.

To pretend Leads has to put up with more hate and ignorance than Kane is incorrecredit is all I'm saying

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:21 PM
  #88
Vander Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Vander Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Ive yet to ever read a statement made by a human being derailing haters that was in any way accurate or on point. Kane is a certifiable jack-ass off the ice if he does indeed skip out on bills. But I guess expectinga human being to be a decent human being is being a hater. Funny thing is, its not so much about hating Kane, or that he even did it, but rather "wow, thats an awful thing if true."

Hater haters are worse than haters.
So is it moneyphone? Haircuts? Or just the unconfirmed rumours that keep circling like a turd about to head down the toilet bowl that make him a "certifiable jackass"? And now he's not a "decent human being" in your estimation? I'd like you to reread my post because it applies directly to someone like you. Those are indeed words of hate directed at Kane from an anonymous decider of who is and who is not a nice human being.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.