HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question as a first time PNC hockey attendee...

Old
02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Target4235
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Question as a first time PNC hockey attendee...

I have some friends who have bought tickets in Section 332, Row L. I'm trying to get tickets for myself and my girlfriend, but there are none close on that row or the surrounding rows.

My question is, based on everyone in this forum's opinion, would we be able to trade seats or move closer to them if we bought seats nearby? I'm just not sure how crowded that section gets/if people would be willing to trade a few seats up there, and I'd rather not be separated from our friends.

Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to a fun experience

Target4235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Beardy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target4235 View Post
I have some friends who have bought tickets in Section 332, Row L. I'm trying to get tickets for myself and my girlfriend, but there are none close on that row or the surrounding rows.

My question is, based on everyone in this forum's opinion, would we be able to trade seats or move closer to them if we bought seats nearby? I'm just not sure how crowded that section gets/if people would be willing to trade a few seats up there, and I'd rather not be separated from our friends.

Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to a fun experience
Depends on the game and the opponent.

Unfortunately, this season has been pretty packed in, so the chances that you'll be able to move over or get someone to cooperate are probably not that great. Now, if you're talking about this upcoming game on Tuesday and you're a Buffalo fan, I would say there's really no chance of it happening due to the actions of the Buffalo fanbase in the past.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Target4235
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Depends on the game and the opponent.

Unfortunately, this season has been pretty packed in, so the chances that you'll be able to move over or get someone to cooperate are probably not that great. Now, if you're talking about this upcoming game on Tuesday and you're a Buffalo fan, I would say there's really no chance of it happening due to the actions of the Buffalo fanbase in the past.
No, i'm looking at the game tomorrow night. Short notice I know, but I'm from NC so I'll be pulling for the home team

Old
02-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Zombie Mike Murphy

Quote:
Other than not being with your friends, those are pretty much the ****test seats in the whole arena, just fyi. Like 2 rows below the actual rafters.

Zombie Mike Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Target4235
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Ward View Post
Other than not being with your friends, those are pretty much the ****test seats in the whole arena, just fyi. Like 2 rows below the actual rafters.
I figured about as much, and honestly wouldn't be really interested in going if we couldn't be with our friends. Nothing against the team or arena, we just planned on doing this while they were in town.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Beardy*

Quote:
No, i'm looking at the game tomorrow night. Short notice I know, but I'm from NC so I'll be pulling for the home team
Its a Canes College Night... I would actually think you should be fine

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:15 PM
normalpsychology

vCash: 511
I've attended almost every home game so far this season and even though the person I sit with has his seat on the direct opposite side of the arena we've been able to sit together every game. Sometimes to much better seats - moving down to the end where Hurricanes shoot twice or to center ice. Games seem to be a lot less crowded on weeknights also.

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:19 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

You might have success just scoping out the upper deck for consecutive seats that aren't claimed. It's probably going to be pretty packed, but maybe you can find a little row of seats where the ticket holders didn't show up. Most nights this would be relatively easy to pull off, but tomorrow night is a really tough one since it'll likely be sold out and people who can't make it have likely sold their tickets.

Or, maybe you get lucky and the people next to your friends are happy to switch. You never know.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
CanesAvs16

I went to the last college night. It was supposedly sold out or close to sold out. There were some idiots sitting behind me and I had no problem finding 2 other seats for my brother and myself to move to.

CanesAvs16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Target4235
Rookie User

Thanks everyone for the fast responses, they're all really helpful and make me feel more confident I can probably move the two of us at least a little closer. I've found some in Rows L (kind of, the site is weird) and J, so I'll debate which of those to get to try to get closest.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
norcar

There are tickets on stubhub in 332 Row L for 16 bucks each right now

norcar is offline   Reply With Quote