HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
on the surface it's an easy win for MTL, but Dallas liked the idea of getting a non-rental player who is locked up for a while(albeit to a big contract) for a player that may have indicated he was planning to test the market.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:28 AM
token grinder

For those thinking Gagne asked for a trade, he was interviewed and said LA just did the right thing and traded him before he asked for a trade.

and thank goodness our GM isn't made up of HF posters. We would suck so badly since everyone is overvalued.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:35 AM
predwings

I'm not sure that there will be a flurry of trades this year. In fact this may be one of the worst years for trades. As we're moving forward I look at the standings and only Columbus and Buffalo are falling behind. If you look though, Buffalo is only 4 points outside of 8th place which isn't that far to climb. So right now there's not enough deviation for me to believe most of these trade requests. We're not going to see much trading in my opinion because almost all these teams will be in the hunt right up until the end of the season.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
thecloser

See I think that Buffalo could begin an overhaul if they drop further from playoff contention.

After reading some of these posts, I like the idea of throwing stacks at Getzlaf and Semin. It would be like Christmas in July!

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
thecloser

Any chance that if Buffalo keeps tanking, that Vanek or Pominville will be available?

Old
02-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Any chance that if Buffalo keeps tanking, that Vanek or Pominville will be available?
Neither are UFA so they have no reason to move them.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
thecloser

possible re-build. lots of talk on forums of buffalo wanting to rebuild. the only reason i brought it up.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:41 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
possible re-build. lots of talk on forums of buffalo wanting to rebuild. the only reason i brought it up.
If they rebuild, those two, along with Myers, you build around. I'd say the most likely dealt are Stafford, Leino (if anybody is nuts enough to take that contract), Regehr, Leopold, and (my wildcard) Miller.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
If they rebuild, those two, along with Myers, you build around. I'd say the most likely dealt are Stafford, Leino (if anybody is nuts enough to take that contract), Regehr, Leopold, and (my wildcard) Miller.
Or you rebuild with Myers and one of the two, and get multiple pieces back in return for the other.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Stafford in a Preds jersey wouldn't surprise me at all.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:00 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Gill plus mid level pick for Kimmo. Philly saves cash and doesn't have to work too much to get under next year's cap. Preds have all the cap in the world and Kimmo is an upgrade over Gill

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Gill plus mid level pick for Kimmo. Philly saves cash and doesn't have to work too much to get under next year's cap. Preds have all the cap in the world and Kimmo is an upgrade over Gill
Kimmo has probably been the Flyers best defenseman this year. Highly doubt they bite.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Kimmo has probably been the Flyers best defenseman this year. Highly doubt they bite.
Agreed. Had to do more research.

Kimmo is the #2 D-man for the Flyers and Philly just came back to playoff contention.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Agreed. Had to do more research.

Kimmo is the #2 D-man for the Flyers and Philly just came back to playoff contention.
I actually discussed the idea of Blum for Kimmo with some Philly fans over the off-season, and they even shot that down, though they admitted it was fair.

I really want to see Poile throw somebody else in the mix. I'm not expecting a Perry/Getzlaf/Vanek, but even a Stafford/MacArthur/Cammaleri/MPS type is someone who could contribute.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Stafford in a Preds jersey wouldn't surprise me at all.
He is a bit of a floater, had that contract year last year. Since then, not much.

A centre should be targeted, we're actually okay on the wings.

Krejci would be too expensive, Weiss is a decent choice.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
Depends on what level of player we're getting. As far as #1s go, I agree. Wilson and Erat are a lot closer to first liners than Fisher and Legwand.

As far as depth players, I think we're fine at C with Fisher/Legwand/Smith/Spaling/Gaustad, but replacing Bourque and (sometimes) Yip on the third line would be awesome.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Depends on what level of player we're getting. As far as #1s go, I agree. Wilson and Erat are a lot closer to first liners than Fisher and Legwand.

As far as depth players, I think we're fine at C with Fisher/Legwand/Smith/Spaling/Gaustad, but replacing Bourque and (sometimes) Yip on the third line would be awesome.
I disagree. A better (even marginally better) centre would help to ease the offense more than another winger. Smith isn't ready to take the load yet, and Fisher/Leggy aren't the answer either. A centre who we can somewhere depend (somewhat) on in the offensive zone when the game is on the line.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Disagree, Wing is the one place where this team is not getting scoring but the way this team moves forwards around who is a center, really? Wilson is #1 in forward scoring, Fisher and Legwand are #4 and 5.

The one stat the Preds are lacking is shots.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
He is a bit of a floater, had that contract year last year. Since then, not much.

Krejci would be too expensive, Weiss is a decent choice.
I'd love to get Weiss. Then again maybe that's because I'm wearing a Weiss t-shirt jersey right now haha. Yes, they make those. On a serious note I think he would fit in with us nicely, I just wonder what Florida might want in return.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Disagree, Wing is the one place where this team is not getting scoring but the way this team moves forwards around who is a center, really? Wilson is #1 in forward scoring, Fisher and Legwand are #4 and 5.

The one stat the Preds are lacking is shots.
Bring on Jason Blake. He's got no problem hitting goalies with his useless shots.

I've got a thought that makes sense in a crazy way. Dallas has a few guys on short term deals that expire after this season. Jagr would be a solid addition because of 2 main factors. 1, he doesn't necessarily care where he plays he just wants to play. A pure gamer. 2, he'll likely be asking for another short term deal. Something Poile would surely entertain. Granted this is a short-term solution.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I disagree. A better (even marginally better) centre would help to ease the offense more than another winger. Smith isn't ready to take the load yet, and Fisher/Leggy aren't the answer either. A centre who we can somewhere depend (somewhat) on in the offensive zone when the game is on the line.
Again, if we're talking about a guy who is better than Fisher or Legwand, I agree it needs to be. I am saying that if we're making a Poile move and bringing in a depth player (3rd liner), I'd rather have a new 3W than 3C. I would definetly rather have a 1/2C than a 1/2W.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Bring on Jason Blake. He's got no problem hitting goalies with his useless shots.

I've got a thought that makes sense in a crazy way. Dallas has a few guys on short term deals that expire after this season. Jagr would be a solid addition because of 2 main factors. 1, he doesn't necessarily care where he plays he just wants to play. A pure gamer. 2, he'll likely be asking for another short term deal. Something Poile would surely entertain. Granted this is a short-term solution.
Interesting theory, but does Jagr have enough capability defensively to play for Trotz?

Old
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Interesting theory, but does Jagr have enough capability defensively to play for Trotz?
From what I saw from him in Philly (don't watch many Dallas games), I haven't seen any indications that would say he WOULDN'T be able to. He supports the puck and is atleast defensively conscious, but I doubt at his age he'll skating up and down the rink every game.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Firestorm

If he wasn't injured, I might have suggested AA from the BJs. But this is reality.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Anyone else think we let Legwand go when his contract runs out? He only has 1 year left after this. If we can land a #1C this summer I'd even contemplate asking Leggy to waive his NTC. Of course I know getting a #1C is a long shot...

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote