HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM-NYR: Eberle+Whitney for McDonagh+Asham

Old
02-27-2013, 05:54 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
bingo

we can't see eye to eye on an exact match.

Just for discussion:

Staal + Girardi
for

J. Schultz + X
or
Yakupov + Y

I'm understanding Yak is < Eberle, EO get to keep their bigger guns, still get a L-R paired top D combo.

Rangers need a C, but would have to settle for young lefty sniper or ideal partner for McD. Would lose a lot on D but recover a lot of cap room in the process...
J.Schultz isn't going anywhere, and if Yakupov is traded it will be for a top 6 C with size. Defense is not really the problem with the Oilers, its the need for grit with their top 6.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Makes sense for Oilers to do it, not for NYR though. They are stacked at wingers.
How do this make sense for the Oilers ?? Defence is not there main issue.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Actually that honor belongs to Gagner. But yes, Hall has been good. He'd be even better if he got his head outta his ass.
what else can he do?

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:04 PM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
J.Schultz isn't going anywhere, and if Yakupov is traded it will be for a top 6 C with size. Defense is not really the problem with the Oilers, its the need for grit with their top 6.
I will personally start force feeding Brad Richards to make that happen.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Hugo Sham

interesting trade - both teams dealing from depth. Eberle insulates the 'big 3' while MacD stabilizes the edm D immediately. Would benefit both teams

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:16 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
interesting trade - both teams dealing from depth. Eberle insulates the 'big 3' while MacD stabilizes the edm D immediately. Would benefit both teams
What depth? Trading McDonagh for Eberle would mean that our third pairing is Matt Gilroy and Steve Eminger. We're not in a position right now to move a top-four defenseman.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
What depth? Trading McDonagh for Eberle would mean that our third pairing is Matt Gilroy and Steve Eminger. We're not in a position right now to move a top-four defenseman.
you get whitney back...you already have Staal and girardi.
I don't think Gaborik gets resigned and richards looks done

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:26 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
what else can he do?
Well for one he could learn to utilize his team mates when on the offense. He tries way too many moves that just don't work. He tries to be extremely fancy and it looks great and does give us chances some times, but he totally forgets to get back to basic hockey.

Hall has to bring his lunch pail into work more often.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Gabotrick

Hopefully I dont upset anyone saying this, but Im just going to go for it. I have no idea if the Oilers would be interested in Del Zotto? The Rangers cant afford to lose McDonagh, because of their major lack of scoring forces them to try and keep games much close and also Hanks inconsistency this season showed last night when he didn't have McDonagh and MDZ in the line up.

How about a trade like Del Zotto, the four 3rd round picks we have this year, (assuming we dont make the SCF), Boyle and McIlrath for Eberle and Smid? (Not sure on Smid's status this year I know many Oiler fans were calling for his head last year.

Just remember I come in peace.

Last edited by Gabotrick: 02-27-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Hopefully I dont upset anyone saying this, but Im just going to go for it. I have no idea if the Oilers would be interested in Del Zotto? The Rangers cant afford to lose McDonagh, because of their major lack of scoring forces them to try and keep games much close and also Hanks inconsistency this season showed last night when he didn't have McDonagh and MDZ in the line up.

How about a trade like Del Zotto, the four 3rd round picks we have this year, (assuming we dont make the SCF), Boyle and McIlrath for Eberle and Smid? (Not sure on Smid's status this year I know many Oiler fans were calling for his head last year.

Reminds me a lot of the Hossa to Pittsburgh trade. And he was a rental. We all know how that turned out.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Reminds me a lot of the Hossa to Pittsburgh trade. And he was a rental. We all know how that turned out.
Penguins make it to the SCF? I'll gladly take that for the Rangers. So Im guessing thats a no on Edmonton's part?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:30 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

Do you have a clue what your talking about? Smid was outstanding last season, really matured as a solid stay at home D.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Especially our #1 dman...

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Brian28

Quote:

Edmonton doesn't touch this in the slightest. MDZ is ncie but I'd rather see what we have in Petry who was an offensive type in college and is more resonsible in his end than MDZ. 4 3rd's is almost useless to us considering the level of talent we'd be losing, McIlrath is an intersting prospect but not enough to part with either Eberle or Smid. Boyle is of some interest but again...not worth the players we'd be losing.

It was the vocal inority calling for Smid's head. Realistically he's been improving every year since 2006 when he played with Pronger. He's quickly becoming a Regehr with less mean streak but better positioning and loves the city so unless he asks for a trade we can't afford to ship players like that out.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Lundsanity30

Eberle would come here and forget how to score like everyone else has.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Do you have a clue what your talking about? Smid was outstanding last season, really matured as a solid stay at home D.
My mistake than, it must have been very early last year, when I was told by Oiler fans, how upset they were with him.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Brian28

Quote:
bingo

Just for discussion:

Staal + Girardi
for

J. Schultz + X
or
Yakupov + Y

I'm understanding Yak is < Eberle, EO get to keep their bigger guns, still get a L-R paired top D combo.

Rangers need a C, but would have to settle for young lefty sniper or ideal partner for McD. Would lose a lot on D but recover a lot of cap room in the process...
Girardi is only signed for 1 more year...Staal 2. Given Edmonton's rebuild it's unlikely eitehr player would want to stick around until we're competitive. Top that off with all the rumors around the Staal's wanting to play together and it's more like 2 rentals for Yakupov + or Schultz +. While Edmonton would make a gamble on the rigth player (McD) who would fit into a long term plan we have to consider more than simply what, on paper, is fair value.

Unfortunately NYR wouldn't part with the required pieces from Edmonton's POV and Edmonton wouldn't give the quality NY wants for the pieces they'd offer.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Edmonton doesn't touch this in the slightest. MDZ is ncie but I'd rather see what we have in Petry who was an offensive type in college and is more resonsible in his end than MDZ. 4 3rd's is almost useless to us considering the level of talent we'd be losing, McIlrath is an intersting prospect but not enough to part with either Eberle or Smid. Boyle is of some interest but again...not worth the players we'd be losing.

It was the vocal inority calling for Smid's head. Realistically he's been improving every year since 2006 when he played with Pronger. He's quickly becoming a Regehr with less mean streak but better positioning and loves the city so unless he asks for a trade we can't afford to ship players like that out.
Thank you for the info on Smid, I see Ive been misled on him a little bit. Obviously with that of Smid I would take him out of the deal. I was hoping the four thirds could have been beneficial to Edmonton, maybe for the next draft trading them to advance up further in the first round assuming they dont draft first overall. But when it comes to Del Zotto this year he has taken huge strides in his defensive game and if our blue line wasn't so crowded he would be playing 2nd line minutes, maybe even first line with a team with a weaker blue line, Del Zotto is also average over 23 minutes a game. Obviously you seem confident in Petry. Unfortunately I don't know enough about him, but is he a PMD like Mdz or more of a two way offensive player like Mcd?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Thank you for the info on Smid, I see Ive been misled on him a little bit. Obviously with that of Smid I would take him out of the deal. I was hoping the four thirds could have been beneficial to Edmonton, maybe for the next draft trading them to advance up further in the first round assuming they dont draft first overall. But when it comes to Del Zotto this year he has taken huge strides in his defensive game and if our blue line wasn't so crowded he would be playing 2nd line minutes, maybe even first line with a team with a weaker blue line, Del Zotto is also average over 23 minutes a game. Obviously you seem confident in Petry. Unfortunately I don't know enough about him, but is he a PMD like Mdz or more of a two way offensive player like Mcd?
In college Petry was a well rounded 2 way guy. Last year we saw a small sample of his potential for offense when he put up 25 pts in his first full season and 2nd in the NHL while only being -7 on one of the worst teams in the league. This year he seems more focused on Defence first mentality but that's part of why he's paired with Smid...to round out his game and cover for any potential lapses. Petry is already averaging over 20 min/game.

If Petry lives up to his potential he could be a #2 all around type to pair with J. Schultz provided he lives up to potential as well. Worst case he should be nothig worse than a #3 guy who has a very good all around game and plays a 2 way positional style. Not overly hard on the body but makes the smart play while chipping in offense.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
pld459666

Quote:
bingo

Just for discussion:

Staal + Girardi
for

J. Schultz + X
or
Yakupov + Y

There is NO SCENARIO in which the Rangers move both Staal and Girardi in the same deal.

It's not the first time you have proposed this asinine thought.

Serious questions.

Do you have ADD or something? Do you take prescribed medication? Or should you be taking it and have gone on vacation?

Just asking

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:59 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

I don't recall any Oil fans calling for Smid's head last year. He was far and away our best d-man last season, and I don't know if I'd trade him for MDZ straight across. He's that good at what he does. No offense, but this isn't even close for Eberle, let alone adding Smid.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:26 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

why the **** would edmonton do this? brutal

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
NYR needs some scoring, and the Oilers need some D. I feel NYR is pretty stacked in that regard, so I'm going go throw this out there:

To EDM:
Ryan McDonaugh (1.3M - due for big RFA payout)
Aaron Asham (1M)

To NYR:
Jordan Eberle (6M x 6yr)
Ryan Whitney (4M - UFA)

Gives NYR a true RW to play with B.Rich and a warm body on the backend in Whitney, while Edmonton gets some bottom-6 grit with Asham and a top-pairing Dman to work with Schultz heading into the future. Whitney's an impending UFA that's money off the books for NYR in the off-season. He could honestly turn it around - just needs a setting change.

Is this fair? If not what do NYR/EDM need to add?
A straight 1 v 1 swap would be fair. I dunno if I would do it as a NYR fan but its most definitely fair.

02-28-2013, 12:59 AM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
There is NO SCENARIO in which the Rangers move both Staal and Girardi in the same deal.

It's not the first time you have proposed this asinine thought.

Serious questions.

Do you have ADD or something? Do you take prescribed medication? Or should you be taking it and have gone on vacation?

Just asking
You give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who happens to make a questionable proposal, but it takes some real balls (or total lack of self-awareness and shame) to persistently post illogical garbage. How far removed from reality does one need to be to see any logic or plausibility behind a team trading two of its three best defenseman in the same deal? Has that even happened once in the last 20 years?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:53 AM
LotteryForLife*

This deal has good framework. Both players would really help these teams. I think the Rags need to add though

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote