HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers interest in Byfuglien

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Voracek+Meszaros+Laughton?

Trying to do a deal without Couturier.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I said I don't think he's worth HALF THAT, hence the 200 pounds instead of 400.
lol
im sorry i missed that. im not apologizing, just sorry i missed that...

Old
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Paladin2799

I couldnt speculate as to the deals as I dont know either the flyer and torontos team that well.

but.

Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

I dunno, i have no clue as to what needs to be added where, but I think Briere might like to play with kessel in the playoff as a #1 center.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
I couldnt speculate as to the deals as I dont know either the flyer and torontos team that well.

but.

Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

I dunno, i have no clue as to what needs to be added where, but I think Briere might like to play with kessel in the playoff as a #1 center.
If Toronto is willing to give up Gardiner for Briere, then we should deal directly with Toronto. No reason to include Winnipeg or Buff.

I doubt Toronto is willing to do that though.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Stephen

Quote:

but.

Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

Yeah, sounds like a plan, anything else Toronto could send to Philly in addition that might help? Can't wait to buy a Daniel Briere Leafs jersey.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yeah, sounds like a plan, anything else Toronto could send to Philly in addition that might help? Can't wait to buy a Daniel Briere Leafs jersey.
We would have to include bozak, or move him in a seperate deal.

Maybe to winnipeg and we get antropov back to play 4th line center?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
Quote:
Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

Nope

Old
02-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:

but.

Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

Winnipeg gets screwed

Old
02-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Winnipeg gets screwed
It would need modification. I would imagine that philly would give winnipeg a first, and some other futures/exchanges/dumps would happen as well.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:05 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Jets probably are looking for a scoring forward. Not sure whether they'd prefer a winger or center but center is more likely IMO. However, I'm not so sure Byfuglien would get them Couturier or Schenn. Certainly not Giroux. I could see something around Coburn + Read for sure, maybe Voracek, although Flyers fans won't like it. Jets could also like Simmonds but like Couturier and Schenn I don't see the Flyers budging on him either.
LOL Byfuglien is worth more than Couturier or Schenn alone. Agreed on Giroux though. Think of what Richards got and start with at least something worth that much. You don't get the second best offensive D in the league, a completely unique player that can absolutely wreak havoc anywhere in the offensive zone (evidence below from last night - he rips the Rangers apart 30 seconds into the video and sets them in a huge panic), without giving up key pieces. B. Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, 1sts, etc. can't be off the table.

Having said that, I don't see why the Flyers are so worried about getting offense from the back-end. They're not losing because they're struggling to score goals. Buff could probably put up 70 pts over a full season there but I don't know that he gets them closer to a cup when you subtract what they'd have to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If you say so. I think he's 2/3; decent #2, fantastic #3.

I never had enough of an interest in him to look up his advanced stats. Despite all of that, it only means we continue to get slow on the blueline, which does not bode well for Lavi's system, or Lavi's tenure in Philly for that matter.
You've now convinced us that you've never watched him play or looked up his stats. Buff is absolutely not slow. He's been playing hurt this year (lower body, affecting his mobility) and he has the same PPG as last year. His defensive game has also improved during his time in Winnipeg and this year he's a plus on a mostly minus team.

Last edited by vBurmi: 02-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 05:23 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
Windsor.
LOndon

Old
02-27-2013, 06:19 PM
JetsTrueNorth

I really, really, really, hope the Jets can talk Philly into making this trade.

Byfuglien is completely OVER RATED. Hockey fans seem to base their love for Byfuglien on what he could be and not what he is.

When people think of Byfuglien they envision his domination in the playoffs when he parked in front of the net for Chicago and let the stars on the Blackhawks roster do all the work while he screened the goalie and cleaned up the garbage rebounds.

Today, Byfuglien has publicly stated he DOES NOT want to play forward and won't do so on a regular basis.

Buff has shown that he is sloppy with the puck, gets outworked repeatedly and constantly gets caught pinching and is ALWAYS out of position. Buff has a cannon for a shot, but misses the net all the time.

Buff's size would lead one to believe that Buff's large frame is his best asset. The answer is: "It could be". However Buff is a very gentle giant. He's a complete feather when it comes to hitting or fighting for puck possession.

It would be a great thing for the Jets to dump Buff's salary while there's a few teams willing to offer talent and picks in exchange.

The Jets have ZERO interest in Sean Couturier. If we wanted him, he would've been a Jet on draft day.

As a Jets fan, I have my fingers crossed for this trade. As a hockey fan I feel sorry for the Flyers fans, because you won't be happy with what you're going to get. Me thinks Philly is about to get FLEECED in a trade.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:20 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

but.

Toronto - Briere
Philly - Byfuglien
Winnipeg - Gardiner?

Toronto gets bent over badly here. And it's very rare that you get a chance to say that on these boards

It's poor for Winnipeg too.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:21 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Voracek+Meszaros+Laughton?

Trying to do a deal without Couturier.
Terrible for the Flyers. This is Byfuglien, not Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, etc.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:38 PM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

As a Jets fan I'd like to say we could afford Byfuglien leaving. We have a bunch of D-men in our system and used our 1st rounder last draft on Trouba.

We NEED a scoring forward. Preferably a winger, but a true #1 center is also a need. We have a ton of #2-#4 centers on the roster and in the system as it is.

Any deal with the Flyers would probably have to include both Schenns, and I doubt Philly will want to part with them.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Jets
All hat, no cattle.

To WPG:
RW Jakub Voracek
D M.A. Bourdon
Philadelphia 2013 1st
Philadelphia 2014 2nd

To PHI:
D Dustin Byfuglien
2013 Chicago 3rd

Old
02-27-2013, 06:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
To WPG:
RW Jakub Voracek
D M.A. Bourdon
Philadelphia 2013 1st
Philadelphia 2014 2nd

To PHI:
D Dustin Byfuglien
2013 Chicago 3rd
Buff is not worth Voracek, let alone Voracek + 1st. No dice.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Quote:
Somebody stated awhile ago that mods are not the most knowledgable.

This post PROVES it!!

Old
02-27-2013, 07:21 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsTrueNorth View Post
I really, really, really, hope the Jets can talk Philly into making this trade.

Byfuglien is completely OVER RATED. Hockey fans seem to base their love for Byfuglien on what he could be and not what he is.

When people think of Byfuglien they envision his domination in the playoffs when he parked in front of the net for Chicago and let the stars on the Blackhawks roster do all the work while he screened the goalie and cleaned up the garbage rebounds.

Today, Byfuglien has publicly stated he DOES NOT want to play forward and won't do so on a regular basis.

Buff has shown that he is sloppy with the puck, gets outworked repeatedly and constantly gets caught pinching and is ALWAYS out of position. Buff has a cannon for a shot, but misses the net all the time.

Buff's size would lead one to believe that Buff's large frame is his best asset. The answer is: "It could be". However Buff is a very gentle giant. He's a complete feather when it comes to hitting or fighting for puck possession.

It would be a great thing for the Jets to dump Buff's salary while there's a few teams willing to offer talent and picks in exchange.

The Jets have ZERO interest in Sean Couturier. If we wanted him, he would've been a Jet on draft day.

As a Jets fan, I have my fingers crossed for this trade. As a hockey fan I feel sorry for the Flyers fans, because you won't be happy with what you're going to get. Me thinks Philly is about to get FLEECED in a trade.
I don't usually disagree with fellow jetters, but I sure do now!

#2-4 offensive dman in the league and you want to what?
I also think the Jets would be very interested in Couts,
They might realize they made a mistake taking Scheifle over him!

Old
02-27-2013, 07:23 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
Somebody stated awhile ago that mods are not the most knowledgable.

This post PROVES it!!
In what world does a 27-year-old overweight 2/3 offensive defenseman get you a 23-year-old 1st line winger just breaking out AND a 1st round pick?

By this theory, Coburn should get be Evander Kane and a 1st.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
In what world does a 27-year-old overweight 2/3 offensive defenseman get you a 23-year-old 1st line winger just breaking out AND a 1st round pick?

Do you watch hockey at all? Honestly the stuff your spewing is comical the only thing you've posted with any truth in this thread is that Byfuglien is 27.

2010/2011 4th overall in scoring for defencemen (in his first season playing D full time in the NHL)
2011/2012 2nd overall in scoring for defensemen (despite missing 16 games)
2012/2013 9 points in 14 games despite playing with lower body issues almost the entire season

But yes he is a fat second pairing defensemen while Voracek is a 1st line winger and future all-star because he's had a nice first 20 games to a shortened season.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:

He,s arguably the second best offensive dman in the league. he plays top pairing at about 27 minutes a game. Mods should know this !
overweight? His 265 is probably proportioned better than your 225. But he is 2 feet taller.
I'm gonna get a warning for that one! don't be mean to mods that know fa.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:50 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Buff had 53 points in 66 games last year. Voracek has never had more than 50...

Old
02-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Che vy Teemuchuk

Philly has so many great assets and Buff has such a unique set of attributes and skills. Not surprising to see how all over the board that a hypothetical move would play out. Value and needs wise I wouldn't be happy with anything less than the Schenn brothers. I'm not sure how happy I'd be with it. But I could understand Flyer fans not wanting that deal at all. At this point in the season, anything that does not include serviceable top 4 LH help on D and a rostered young player with long term top 6 guarantee wouldn't be enough IMO. Picks / unrostered prospects wouldn't work right now, but those options would be welcomed in the discussion if our wheels come off in March.

The realities that 1) Philly has interest in adding a dynamic D-man & 2) Jets leave the conference, make this type of trade a possibility. But there's NO way I'd want Buff traded to anyone in the West.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Petro Points

Schenn + Schenn for Buff ??

Closed Thread