HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 5: Where we all put on our GM caps

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

vCash: 500
Im not saying he can't improve but I watch a lot of games and I would not move a 1st this season plus Klefbom for him because both the pick and Klefbom are going to most likely have a better career, Couturier is not worth all that. And he will never reach any where rnh will offensively,. Dont care if Rnh is struggling this year. Couturier plays very soft for his size. And will be hard pressed ever to put up 50 pts with his speed. If Flyers are already thinking of moving him some should read between the lines. Guy is not some god like people put off in here.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
N.Schultz + for Couturier

Old
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Soundwave

Mike Green from Washington is someone I could see the Oilers looking at.

Ales Hemsky is someone I could see the Caps being interested in.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Im not saying he can't improve but I watch a lot of games and I would not move a 1st this season plus Klefbom for him because both the pick and Klefbom are going to most likely have a better career, Couturier is not worth all that. And he will never reach any where rnh will offensively,. Dont care if Rnh is struggling this year. Couturier plays very soft for his size. And will be hard pressed ever to put up 50 pts with his speed. If Flyers are already thinking of moving him some should read between the lines. Guy is not some god like people put off in here.
I doubt the Flyers are looking to move him. This is just Oiler fans dreaming.

You put Couturier in the right situation and the right wingers he could be a 60-70 point two-way force. He projects to be the exact player that the Oilers need to round out the top 6.

It was already pointed out, but this guy went head to head last year in the playoffs with Malkin as a 19 year old and did amazingly well.

Yess please

Old
02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
@tpanotchCSN: dont see Gustafsson and he has missed several shifts w/L Schenn taking his spot

@tpanotchCSN: last thing Flyers can afford is to lose a young, mobile defenseman like Gustafsson to an injury

@tpanotchCSN: Gustafsson blocked a shot by Fehr at 7:00 in 2nd period and hasnt been back since. That is BAAD news
We could trade them our Erik Gustafsson.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
If you watched the Flyers in the playoffs you would know he's a dominant checking center much like Jordan Staal. He's also a sophomore so why would his numbers be really good? He shut down Malkin for 6 games in the playoffs last year. That is pretty amazing.
He was ok at times not dominant lol. he had 1 game with hattrick against penguins rest of playoffs he was average . Dominant makes me laugh I watched all games ty. Go count the goals against Philly gave up. He was also very average on pk during playoffs people see what the want i guess

Old
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Petry, Gagner and Paajarvi for Simmonds and Couturier
I jump at that if I'm the Oilers. I don't think Philly does though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

I've been pushing this proposal for a long time. I think it works for both teams.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

It's too bad he signed that 3 year extension. 6 million is quite a lot for 2 more years after this.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
He was ok at times not dominant lol. he had 1 game with hattrick against penguins rest of playoffs he was ok . Dominant makes me laugh I watched all games ty. Go count the goals against Philly gave up. He was also very average on pk during playoffs people see what the want i guess
Well now I'm wondering who's the one watching the Flyers? Anyone who saw that series knows goaltending was the reason there were so many goals scored. Couturier was dominant defensively. There is no debating it.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Well now I'm wondering who's the one watching the Flyers? Anyone who saw that series knows goaltending was the reason there were so many goals scored. Couturier was dominant defensively. There is no debating it.
Dominate defensively does not have you on ice for 2nd most goals against for forwards, Giroux was first playing offensive role Couturier was also on for most pk goals against on a very poor pk guess thats dominant as well.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Dominate defensively does not have you on ice for 2nd most goals against for forwards, Giroux was first playing offensive role Couturier was also on for most pk goals against on a very poor pk guess thats dominant as well.
Again you're looking at stats. If you actually watched that series you wouldn't have to be bringing up stats like this.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Did you watch the Pens Flyers game last week where Couturier killed 1:30 of a 5 on 3 with Crosby, Malkin and Letang on the ice

Old
02-27-2013, 08:26 PM
jmoss45

Most likely:

Hemsky for Mike Green OR Hemsky for Brouwer.

Harski+ Petrell for Brouwer if WSH is looking to clear cap space to resign Ribero.

I'd love to see:
Petry+ MPS/Harski for Couturier

Old
02-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Paralyzer008

Does Matheson really think Oilers could get Erik Gustafsson from Philly for Ryan Whitney?

Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Again you're looking at stats. If you actually watched that series you wouldn't have to be bringing up stats like this.
i watched every game they played in Playoffs Brygs was horrible |Couturier had 1 dominate game against penguins and announcers were all over how dominate he was the rest of playoffs he was very average. I see who did not watch them he had 1 flipping assist the rest of way while bleeding goals on pk.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 PM
spOiler

Id prefer nick shultz+ moved for couts instead of petry sure hes having a bit of a bad offensive outing atm but hes developing strong he will be a soild #3 and no way do we move klef he is gonna be paired with shultz for a long time.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spOiler View Post
Id prefer nick shultz+ moved for couts instead of petry sure hes having a bit of a bad offensive outing atm but hes developing strong he will be a soild #3 and no way do we move klef he is gonna be paired with shultz for a long time.
Of course we would prefer that. But why would Philly ever contemplate moving Couturier for a #5 UFA d-man?

They probably wouldn't consider moving him for anything other than one of the big 5. I don't think the Flyers want futures for him, so Klefbom+1st or whatever likely doesn't get it done.

I think its a pipe dream. But I enjoy imagining it

Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
jalbert

We should trade for Boone Jenner from the blue jackets ^^

Old
02-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert View Post
We should trade for Boone Jenner from the blue jackets ^^
We should have drafted him instead.

Doubt they give him up.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
The price tag on Petry makes him very attractive to PHI. Petry + is a good starting point, although the + may be big.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
I'd prefer it too, but there's no way.

Petry just fits in way better in Philly... better 2 way game, he's making less than 2 mil, and will be under their control for a while. Better, younger player for cheaper.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
jalbert

Quote:
We should have drafted him instead.

Doubt they give him up.
That makes me so frustrated, we drafted a guy that will probably play in the NHL. right on.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Does Matheson really think Oilers could get Erik Gustafsson from Philly for Ryan Whitney?

I doubt they'd get more than a 3rd rounder for Whitney right now. Maybe you could squeeze a 2nd out of somebody at the deadline. I don't know anything about Gustafsson though. What would the Oilers be getting besides an upgrade on Whitney?

Old
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

I remember the whole board basically wanting Jenner and wanting to stay away from Musil. Figures we would draft one of our scouts' son. Musil's looking better than I thought he would but Jenner would be perfect right now as a guy who could jump into the lineup next year.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
spOiler

So what do people realistically think it would take because if he truly is on the block this is actually the first player other then O Reilly that actually seems to be very good fit for our teams needs. Would Nick Shultz and a 1st get it done that seems pretty steep for a inconsistant #2 center. Yes i know hes a kid but thats a good payment for potential.

Closed Thread