HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers interest in Byfuglien

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 08:07 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Schenn + Schenn for Buff ??
I don't mind that at all. Good offer!

Old
02-27-2013, 08:13 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:

Old
02-27-2013, 08:23 PM
99 steps
to the top

vCash: 500
Some huge overrating of Buf in this thread. Guy doesn't play reliable defense, period.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:27 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Do not want Buff.

Like, at all.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:27 PM
OmarComin

vCash: 5067
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Voracek+Meszaros+Laughton?

Trying to do a deal without Couturier.
Yes please...

Old
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
In what world does a 27-year-old overweight 2/3 offensive defenseman get you a 23-year-old 1st line winger just breaking out AND a 1st round pick?

By this theory, Coburn should get be Evander Kane and a 1st.
Comparing Buff to Coburn is getting a little silly. Watch a Jet game and see Buff play. He's a beast out there. He can take over a game like few others. The only bad thing about Buff is he is hurt a lot.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
Some huge overrating of Buf in this thread. Guy doesn't play reliable defense, period.
He had a few bad streches last year (really bad). This year he's been solid. I haven't seen every game but from what I've seen he's really tightened up out there. You don't see the big mistakes with the bad passes and bad rushes any more.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
JetsWillFly4Ever

Byfuglien's been an NHL defensemen for two years, and has improved remarkably since last year in his positioning and decision making.

He is the 2nd best offensive defensemen in the league, who also happens to be a 6'5 260 force that can push around any forward in the league. He can unload a bomb from the point or make the deft deflections in front on the PP, and he can play on a 2nd PK unit. He regularly plays 25+ minutes a night.

But lets trade him for Voracek because he's having a good start playing with one of the leagues best players, great asset management.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Stranger Danger
the

So, is he injury prone? And is he fat? or just big? Serious questions, I want to like him, I like when he is all over the place causing havok.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Jets
All hat, no cattle.

Flyers fans are forgetting... Winnipeg can trade him as he is semi-expendable, however, there isn't a pressing need or reason too. If the Flyers would like to "buy" him to add to their team, Chevy can pretty much set the price, or else there's no deal to be made.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:47 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
So, is he injury prone? And is he fat? or just big? Serious questions, I want to like him, I like when he is all over the place causing havok.
I'm starting to worry he's injury prone. Seems like the same "lower body injury" all the time. He's fat when he makes a couple turn overs in a game I think he's just big. He is a lot of fun to watch out there. He can be the first one back to get an icing or he can be taking a long stretch pass at the other teams blue line. He dominates along the boards with the puck.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
He is not fat. He does gain some weight in the off season but loses it very quickly a few weeks before training camp. He's big though. There are some insiders that know about his latest injury. Nothing serious that a little time could take care of, but he is too valuable to sit in this shortened season. With Enstrom injured, we need him for any playoff chance.

Really watch him, and I think you will appreciate what he does for the Jets. Guys sure don't want to go in the corners with him.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
It's certainly good for one team.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
I read the title as Bryz not byfug and was like wtf they already have him.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
It's certainly good for one team.
I thought it was good for both, but if you don't need the arguably best offensive defence man in the league, that's fine.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
I thought it was good for both, but if you don't need the arguably best offensive defence man in the league, that's fine.
Spending a huge chunk of cap space on a FA + B.Schenn + L.Schenn >>>>> a 1-way defenseman, even if he's good in that one zone.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Unless for a huge overpayment. Both Schenns and 1st Round pick for Byfuglien(hey homer might be desperate).
I would see this working for both sides. If this offer was made to me and i am homer i would actually take it. If homer is making this offer and i am Winnipeg i would tell homer to quit breaking my **** and then say ok deal.

Trading an actual elite force who is a beast and playoff performer for 2 ...meh young players that give you options if you believe in them. Oilers had offers from leafs on a regular basis involving luke and we dont have any interest in him, never had nor will. As for Brayden I for one dont see him being much but he is still rated highly. the 1st wouldnt be a high first and philly would improve with the acquisition of a top pair rear guard whoi crunches bodies.

or trade him into Phillys division to concuss the brothers. either way Winny would get a good return.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-27-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

LOL at the both Schenns+1st for Buff... That is just an absolute terrible trade from the Flyers.

If we are targeting an offensive defenseman, I much rather Yandle than Buff.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
You forgot the "+ Evander Kane" on the right side of that deal.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Spending a huge chunk of cap space on a FA + B.Schenn + L.Schenn >>>>> a 1-way defenseman, even if he's good in that one zone.
There are a lot of misinformed people that think Buf is a pylon, but his game has really improved defensively. Although if you don't watch him and only read about how fat he is on hf, you might get the wrong impression.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:35 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
You forgot the "+ Evander Kane" on the right side of that deal.
Try Vegas, I hear they are looking for comedians.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:36 PM
ayshplaysh

You Winnipeg guys, lol. How about you make a realistic offer, Buff isn't worth the Schenns, let alone the Schenns+, Homer isn't desperate and certainly wouldn't need to "buy" Buff, the Flyer's aren't that desperate for defense.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Erik Karlsson. Argument over.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
Comparing Buff to Coburn is getting a little silly. Watch a Jet game and see Buff play. He's a beast out there. He can take over a game like few others. The only bad thing about Buff is he is hurt a lot.
I've watched several Jet games. The only thing Byfuglien takes over is the pre-game buffet. Seriously, none of his teammates even get close. If he was half as good at protecting his net as he is at protecting that delicious spread of food, he might be worth the kinds of returns you're asking for.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I've watched several Jet games. The only thing Byfuglien takes over is the pre-game buffet. Seriously, none of his teammates even get close. If he was half as good at protecting his net as he is at protecting that delicious spread of food, he might be worth the kinds of returns you're asking for.
Very original there bud, how does that have anything to do with this thread? Yes he is a big guy, but if he was soo fat, then how is he playing in the NHL and also arguably one of the best offensive d-men in the league? argument over.

If you don't want him thats fine, we'd rather keep him. Go troll somewhere else.

Closed Thread