*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Totally agree. Does that mean that you keep him as an OA next year? Its a given that they will but is he good enough?
I personally don't think he brings enough to keep as an OA but there's no doubt he will be back.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
I personally don't think he brings enough to keep as an OA but there's no doubt he will be back.
If Simmonds is back next year as an OA alot of fans will be pissed...he isnt very good and wouldve been gone along time ago but we all know why he isnt...

Old
02-28-2013, 03:34 AM
Parksy

Can't say that a kid who works his tail off every game doesnt belong in the league. Definitely wouldnt call him an OA candidate though. Worrad, Curtis and Brassard have those locked up

Old
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
Can't say that a kid who works his tail off every game doesnt belong in the league. Definitely wouldnt call him an OA candidate though. Worrad, Curtis and Brassard have those locked up
Agree with you. You still have Sandlak as well. Those boys would get picked up by other teams, Simmonds probably wouldn't. Their papa's don't own the team.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
I work my tail off every game in my beer league, maybe the Habs will call me up because of that.....

Old
02-28-2013, 03:03 PM
BrianA

If the Bulls are not in contentation next year,the other OA,s will be moved for future assets and Simmonds will be back.I have never been a big fan but he has been a consistent contributer this year.(PK and filling in for injured)
The playoffs are hopefully a long run and D depth will be needed because of injuries or suspensions.DeSousa needs experience "now" to be able to provide those minutes.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
If the Bulls are not in contentation next year,the other OA,s will be moved for future assets and Simmonds will be back.I have never been a big fan but he has been a consistent contributer this year.(PK and filling in for injured)
The playoffs are hopefully a long run and D depth will be needed because of injuries or suspensions.DeSousa needs experience "now" to be able to provide those minutes.
Don't think that will happen. Even last night George went with 4 d-men. Barely played the kid as even the TV commentators were saying.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Parksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I work my tail off every game in my beer league, maybe the Habs will call me up because of that.....
All i'm saying is that fans need to get off this "Simmonds is on the team just because of his dad" thinking. Pretty sure George is enough of a hard head to do what he wants with his team.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:15 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
All i'm saying is that fans need to get off this "Simmonds is on the team just because of his dad" thinking. Pretty sure George is enough of a hard head to do what he wants with his team.
I too am not a Simmonds fan!, but he has done a good job as a solid 4th liner and filling in for Curtis. As for him coming back as a OA, i doubt it! Next year is a re-building year and if the bulls are out of the playoffs by the dead line, im sure Gaunce, Zharkov and others will be shipped out for younger players and picks.
Not surprised Parksy you've been praising Simmonds all year! lol

Old
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone know if some of the later round picks from last years bulls picks are in the plans for next years team (ie. Hayden Lavigne, Trent Shore, Nic Coric)? Some of these players have NCAA plans or not? Heard great things about these three.
How are they performing this year?

Last edited by ImaBullsfan: 02-28-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Parksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I too am not a Simmonds fan!, but he has done a good job as a solid 4th liner and filling in for Curtis. As for him coming back as a OA, i doubt it! Next year is a re-building year and if the bulls are out of the playoffs by the dead line, im sure Gaunce, Zharkov and others will be shipped out for younger players and picks.
Not surprised Parksy you've been praising Simmonds all year! lol
I love those grinder type guys.haha Ive been trying to get a Bignell jersey all year

Old
02-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Parksy

I know Zharkov hasnt signed yet but because he's a euro, would he be eligible for the AHL if edmonton decides to sign him this summer?

Old
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
hockeykid87

I know Michigan has been scouting Lavigne at the past few Dukes games. Not sure if he has any intentions on going though

Old
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
I know Michigan has been scouting Lavigne at the past few Dukes games. Not sure if he has any intentions on going though
Interesting! I had a feeling something like that because when malcolm went to the wjhc the bulls tried to sign Hayden. Hope he is in the bulls fold for next year?

Old
03-01-2013, 12:56 PM
ImaBullsfan

Cardwell and Sandlak are back tonite from suspensions. still no timetable for Silas, Curtis and Petti.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
hockeykid87

Lavigne has looked pretty damn impressive for a 16 year old. Kid has great size. I'm sure he could be a solid goalie in the OHL next season, before becoming a starter. The Bulls might want him to play a full season as #1 in wellington though

Old
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Cardwell and Sandlak are back tonite from suspensions. still no timetable for Silas, Curtis and Petti.
Does it matter? Went 10-0 without Cardwell. As I said months ago, Cardwell was not the answer and was not worth all the picks George gave up for him. He needed scoring which he eventually traded for. Instead of playing Cardwell he could have developed DeSousa so by now he might be a regular in the lineup.

Last edited by Luvtowatch: 03-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Does it matter? Went 10-0 without Cardwell. As I said months ago, Cardwell was not the answer and was not worth all the picks George gave up for him. He needed scoring which he eventually traded for. Instead of playing Cardwell he could have developed DeSousa so by now he might be a regular in the lineup.
Despite the record, Cardwell WAS missed! He logged lots of ice and if he was gone for more time it surely woulda impacted the rest of the d-men. Remember the playoffs are a marathon not a sprint.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:45 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Lavigne has looked pretty damn impressive for a 16 year old. Kid has great size. I'm sure he could be a solid goalie in the OHL next season, before becoming a starter. The Bulls might want him to play a full season as #1 in wellington though
I think if they can get him signed he will be Grahams back-up next year. Im sure there is plenty of interest out there from other ohl teams and NCAA thou.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:06 AM
ImaBullsfan

Totally out played tonite! Fronts fighting for playoff lives and made the veterans on the bulls look silly.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:00 PM
hockeykid87

Bulls could play the Fronts in the first round. Can't take them lightly

Old
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
ImaBullsfan

They better get out of this funk soon, they dont want to go into the playoffs playing like this! Let the game tonite slip away with some selfish play, they seem to get away from the team defence.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

No way the Bulls are losing to the 8th seed team, whether it is the Fronts, or Petes, or whoever it may be. They are too strong offensively and defensively and have goal-tenders who are just too consistent. I am aware of their struggles against these lower-end teams, but the Bulls will pick it up once playoff time comes. Eighth seed might get a game out of the Bulls, but for the most part I predict a sweep, regardless of the team.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:42 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
They better get out of this funk soon, they dont want to go into the playoffs playing like this! Let the game tonite slip away with some selfish play, they seem to get away from the team defence.
Selfish play is correct! Too many guys trying to pad their Stats instead of playing as a team and playing some Defense. That's what makes the London Knights who they are. But I don't doubt they'll get it together come Playoffs.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
ImaBullsfan

Looking for info on Trent Shore, he was a bulls draft pick last year, but did not show for camp, ive heard really good things about him, wanting to know where is playing?, any reports on him showing up to camp this fall?

Closed Thread