HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mogilny?

Old
07-18-2006, 07:17 AM
richardn

vCash: 500
Mogilny?

Whats his status as for playing this year?

He obviously won't be playing for the devils but he seemed to play well last year until sent down to the minors last year to make cap room for Elias. I have heard devils fans talk about possibly putting him on injury reserve or trading him to a team that needs to get to the cap floor.

If he is healthy I don't see why he couldn't help some team.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 07:21 AM

I've always liked him but I've heard that he still has hip problems. Is there any truth to the rumor that he couldn't play in back to back games last year for the Rats?

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I've always liked him but I've heard that he still has hip problems. Is there any truth to the rumor that he couldn't play in back to back games last year for the Rats?
More like he didnt want to play back to back games. I really hope he comes back this year. I hate Lou so much.. I'm so freaking happy NJ are stuck with Mogilny's and Malakhov salary counting against there cap after how they handled Mogilny.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I Hate Tie DOMI

I just read an article that Lou is expecting him to attend training camp and hasn't ruled him out of playing for the Devils this year. Might as well let him play since you are paying him 3.5 million anyways. Malakhov on the other hand can continue to rot. The link is on the Devils Board.

I Hate Tie DOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:46 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI View Post
I just read an article that Lou is expecting him to attend training camp and hasn't ruled him out of playing for the Devils this year. Might as well let him play since you are paying him 3.5 million anyways. Malakhov on the other hand can continue to rot. The link is on the Devils Board.
I think Lou will find a way to deal Malakhov this offseason (since another team only has to take on the cap hit, not pay him) and will go into training camp over the $44M threshold with Mogilny in camp. If Almo has a good enough camp, maybe he could increase his trade value to a late round pick (as opposed to NJ having to offer up a bounty of their own to get someone to take him). Either way, I expect Lou to make his final roster moves to get under the cap after the pre-season has started (like last year). Almo will certainly be given a fair shot (by NJ or someone else) to show if he's still capable of playing in the NHL this year. Lou has no other choice.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
I think Lou will find a way to deal Malakhov this offseason (since another team only has to take on the cap hit, not pay him) and will go into training camp over the $44M threshold with Mogilny in camp. If Almo has a good enough camp, maybe he could increase his trade value to a late round pick (as opposed to NJ having to offer up a bounty of their own to get someone to take him). Either way, I expect Lou to make his final roster moves to get under the cap after the pre-season has started (like last year). Almo will certainly be given a fair shot (by NJ or someone else) to show if he's still capable of playing in the NHL this year. Lou has no other choice.
Please Panthers pick up Mogilny. We can take the cap hit but not the money hit

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

25 points in 36 games before being sent down last year.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote