HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed. II (Marlies win series 3-0)

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Amerks come up short in 5-1 loss to Texas:

Old
02-24-2013, 06:07 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Can people who watch this team, I don't, explain what has happened to Luke Adam. He was a top centre prospect on team with little depth and is clearly no where in mix. He looked good for awhile in Buffalo. What has gone wrong?

Old
02-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Can people who watch this team, I don't, explain what has happened to Luke Adam. He was a top centre prospect on team with little depth and is clearly no where in mix. He looked good for awhile in Buffalo. What has gone wrong?
From what I've seen on tv and a few games live this year, Adam seems to show up on the scoreboard regularly enough, but you often wonder how he got there (Mancari actually makes me feel the same way and is becoming an adequate comparable). I know he wasn't drafted to be a huge hitter, but he seems disinterested in any sort of contact or effort along the boards or in front of the net. He just seems content in having someone else doing the heavy lifting. If he was an elite scorer, I guess that wouldn't be too bad, but he's not, and he doesn't have the skating ability to be a floater who just puts up points.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Bad skater who is slow which prevents him from being an effective center, too soft for size and does not go hard in corners. Has a great shot which his main asset. Better at wing but he should not be in Buffalo's future plans and be shopped as part of a trade.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:41 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Bad skater who is slow which prevents him from being an effective center, too soft for size and does not go hard in corners. Has a great shot which his main asset. Better at wing but he should not be in Buffalo's future plans and be shopped as part of a trade.
It's an amazing fall from grace. He looked clunky on ice in Buffalao but in an Dave Andreychuk sort of way. Dave wasn't a hitter but he was willing to be hit to make a play and he had amazing positioning, I find it incredible guys with this much talent don't go the extra yard when it could mean an incredible pay day. Adam isn't even worth a second round pick at this point -- can't make the second worst team in NHL. Bad. I'm disappointed in Luke.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Rookie Brian Flynn in practice today for the #Amerks. Missed last week after upper body injury vs. Houston on Feb. 15.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...74631482269696

#Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy says RW Brian Flynn (upper body) and D Drew Schiestel (knee) will play Tuesday at home vs. Syracuse Crunch.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...85436160352256

The recall of D-man Adam Pardy means for now the #Amerks are back to the AHL game-sheet limit of 5 veterans. Patrick Rissmiller sat Friday.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...85939346808832

Old
02-27-2013, 08:44 PM
sabrefan27

Want to feel better about the Sabres? Amerks have lost 4 straight and are 1-6 in their past 7 games scoring only 9 goals. Yes, 9 goals. Truly terrible.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
sabrefan27

And Kevin O says it's the worst drought in at least a decade. Even worse than those awful teams in the Panther years.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

That makes me feel worse cause I enjoy watching the Amerks too! I'll have to start wearing my Rochester hoody now to give them luck!

Old
02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
They've been so damn streaky. Losing Porter's speed and ability can't help.

And how the hell did Tarnasky wind up -17?

02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

Losing Rolston didn't help either. That's quite the shakeup between losing Porter and the headcoach in one fell swoop, so Rochester's not looking too pretty at the moment. It's still a solid roster, though, so I expect them to turn it around eventually. Either that, or Regier has managed to screw up two franchises in short order

Old
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

They should ask ruff to coach in Rochester.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Losing Rolston didn't help either. That's quite the shakeup between losing Porter and the headcoach in one fell swoop, so Rochester's not looking too pretty at the moment. It's still a solid roster, though, so I expect them to turn it around eventually. Either that, or Regier has managed to screw up two franchises in short order
Lost Pardy as well. Coach, top forward, top defender. Tough hit for the Amerks.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:50 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Maybe they'll send Foligno down if Leino can play so he can get his head on straight. That might help...though it does nothing for the speed up front. They need someone who can skate in the top 6...if only we could send Gerbe down there...

Old
02-28-2013, 09:48 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

Because Tarnasky now thinks he is a goal scorer. He is right there with Mancari with paying absolutely no attention to the defensive end of the ice and taking 2 minute shifts. What a joke.

I agree with trying to switch the lines up a bit to get things going but putting Flynn on a line with Schofield and Tarnasky? Really? That is putting your best goal scorer with 2 guys who started the year as 4th liners.

Too many grinders and not enough speed / skill on this team right now. McCormick, Ellis, Schofield, Tarnasky, Girgensons, Roy , Legault-none of these guys have much skill- throw in Adam and Mancari (both incredibly slow) where to people expect the scoring to come from?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Because Tarnasky now thinks he is a goal scorer. He is right there with Mancari with paying absolutely no attention to the defensive end of the ice and taking 2 minute shifts. What a joke.

I agree with trying to switch the lines up a bit to get things going but putting Flynn on a line with Schofield and Tarnasky? Really? That is putting your best goal scorer with 2 guys who started the year as 4th liners.

Too many grinders and not enough speed / skill on this team right now. McCormick, Ellis, Schofield, Tarnasky, Girgensons, Roy , Legault-none of these guys have much skill- throw in Adam and Mancari (both incredibly slow) where to people expect the scoring to come from?
Tarnasky started the year with Schofield and they worked so well as an energy line with Legault/Roy. Too bad about him attempting to go full Mancari.

And I agree about the speed. They are too slugfooted to pressure anyone. They need a way to pressure people and it wouldn't hurt to have someone who could score skill goals (I won't say "easy", but goal scorers' goals where it's not all grind and jamming the net for the ugly ones).

What a mess.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:26 PM
sabrefan27

The Tarnasky fiasco is on the coaches. Both have put him in a scoring role and it's just dumb. Coaching has been just as big of a mess this season.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:33 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Just a reminder both Amerks road games this weekend (Saturday, March 2 at Syracuse - 7:30 pm ET and Sunday, March 3 at Lake Erie - 4:00 pm ET) will be televised - LIVE - on TWCSC in both Buffalo and Rochester. (TWCSC Syracuse will also be televising - LIVE - Saturdays game. Sundays game won't be on - TWCSC Syracuse is televising high school basketball playoffs all day.) No conflict with the Sabres as the parent club plays Saturday afternoon and then Sunday evening.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 03-02-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 07:50 AM
LaxSabre

Gates Orlando, Amerks Hall of Famer, touts organ donation after heart transplant -
Written by Kevin Oklobzija - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - March 2, 2013.

After more than two years of non-stop critical care — and 208 days after he last stepped outside Strong Memorial Hospital — Rochester Americans Hall of Famer Gates Orlando finally got to go home on Friday.

Just 25 days after receiving a life-saving heart transplant, Orlando slept in his own bed in his home in Victor. “I haven’t breathed fresh air since Aug. 9,” he said Friday morning.

Orlando, 50, had lived without his own heart — and with total reliance on an artificial heart — since April 4. When a donor heart became available Feb. 4, the transplant teams were mobilized for surgery that day at the University of Rochester Medical Center.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...n-donor-Amerks

Old
03-02-2013, 07:27 PM
LaxSabre

Cassidy embracing new role as bench boss - March 1, 2013
By Warren Kosel - AHL On The Beat Archive -TheAHL.com

It was just like any other game day for Amerks assistant coach Chadd Cassidy. Get to the rink right around the time the sun comes up, pour a cup of coffee and get himself situated in his half of the office hours before the players arrive for morning skate.

From there, his game day routine continues, in similar fashion to that of his players, much as it has since his first game behind the Amerks bench back in the fall of 2011, spending each morning organizing the pre-scout notes and putting together a full-game plan specific to that night’s opponent and the keys to win. He then deliberates with the rest of the coaching staff, compile what they believe is most essential and formally present it to the team prior to the abbreviated pre-game skate.

The preparations don’t end there. Immediately following the team’s practice session are the special teams meetings, where Cassidy closely examines video with the players and provide tactical breakdown in order to maximize efficiency in a game that relies heavily on puck possession and creating chances. After that, it’s home a few hours and then back to the rink in the afternoon to put the final touches on what he and the rest of the staff hope is a fool-proof plan of execution.

Sounds like a pretty standard day in the life of a professional hockey coach, and it certainly was, up until 3:15 p.m. that afternoon when everything he was accustomed to and everything he carried out habitually was about to change. That’s when Cassidy was informed there was going to be some major overhaul within the organization, and that effective immediately, he was taken over as the Amerks interim head coach.

“I was just about to leave to come back to the rink, I looked down at my phone and saw that I had to two missed calls – one from Ron Rolston and the other from Darcy Regier,” recalls Cassidy. “I obviously knew that there was something going on. I talked to Ron first and he told me he was going to be the new coach of the Buffalo Sabres and that I should be prepared to take over here in Rochester.”

http://theahl.com/cassidy-embracing-...h-boss-p182189

Old
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Gates Orlando, Amerks Hall of Famer, touts organ donation after heart transplant -
Written by Kevin Oklobzija - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - March 2, 2013.

After more than two years of non-stop critical care — and 208 days after he last stepped outside Strong Memorial Hospital — Rochester Americans Hall of Famer Gates Orlando finally got to go home on Friday.

Just 25 days after receiving a life-saving heart transplant, Orlando slept in his own bed in his home in Victor. “I haven’t breathed fresh air since Aug. 9,” he said Friday morning.

Orlando, 50, had lived without his own heart — and with total reliance on an artificial heart — since April 4. When a donor heart became available Feb. 4, the transplant teams were mobilized for surgery that day at the University of Rochester Medical Center.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...n-donor-Amerks
Excellent news there. I'm old enough to remember Gates getting call ups to play for the Sabres (and later playing for the Italian Olympic team).

Old
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
McNabb wins it in OT as Cassidy gets his first W against Syracuse

Old
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
TheWook

Huge shot from McNabb

Old
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Been watching the Amerks game or if it's a replay...Not sure. But Roy just dropped someone.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Been watching the Amerks game or if it's a replay...Not sure. But Roy just dropped someone.
It's live.

Closed Thread