HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders: Smith and Lafontaine OUT; Garth Snow IN

Old
07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Duster

vCash: 500
A very unusual situation to be sure. It's not hard to figure out what happened and I think Peca signing in Toronto may have been a catalyst. Perhaps Nolan, Milbury and Lafontaine insisted on Peca, and Smith refused to sweeten his offer.

No one looks good in this, least of all the new Islanders management. I have to question Garth Snow's sanity in entering such a situation. Meanwhile, I can hear "I told you so" echoing from Ottawa.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Artyukhin*

la la la LaFontaine leaves Islanders

the charles wong show continues

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171665&hubname=

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
the charles wong show continues

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171665&hubname=
lmao

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Absolutely disgraceful. I feel bad for the Islander fans who have put in so much effort in cheering for this squad.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:44 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

did anyone go to the Isles forum?

Edit :

Habs Prospects website

Last edited by habsprospects: 07-18-2006 at 08:51 PM.
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:45 PM
NewHabsEra*

I strongly feel Milburry is the biggest idiot ever to manage a hockey team... He makes Réjean Houle looks like a genius.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
A very unusual situation to be sure. It's not hard to figure out what happened and I think Peca signing in Toronto may have been a catalyst. Perhaps Nolan, Milbury and Lafontaine insisted on Peca, and Smith refused to sweeten his offer.

No one looks good in this, least of all the new Islanders management. I have to question Garth Snow's sanity in entering such a situation. Meanwhile, I can hear "I told you so" echoing from Ottawa.
I just think Smith didnt share Milburry's loser vision...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:51 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
can anyone post this picture for me please . i think it sums the entire situation up

http://i2.tinypic.com/20fckrm.gif
why can't you?

Old
07-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
why can't you?
how do i do it?

Old
07-18-2006, 08:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
how do i do it?
???
[image]http://i2.tinypic.com/20fckrm.gif[/image]

Old
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM
madvie
female habs fan

Quote:
did anyone go to the Isles forum?

Edit :
Yeah. Some have convinced themselves that they were in a coma and they woke up on April 1st and that all of this is some elaborate April Fool's joke.

It sucks to be an Isles fan today...

madvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

You know what, they should create a new award for those sports award shows.

The Milbury & Wang Sport Stoopyd Award.

Recipients Include The Namesakes, Plus...

- Some Habs suits for drafting Wickenheiser & Napier instead of Savard & Bossy, Ronald Corey for putting Rejean Houle & Mario Tremblay in power.

- Jeffrey Loria & David Samson, for scrapping the Expos & Marlins.

- Mike Tyson, for the whole of his life.

- Brock Lesnar, for his laughable career choices.

- John Ferguson Jr & Pat Quinn, for the Retirement Home Laffs.

- Eric Lindros for being breast-feed at age 30.

- American Football Players for being shot at, busted with drugs and caught in stoopyd situations all the fn time.

- Bob Goodenow for his handling of the last CBA negociations.

- "Hollywood" Alexandre Daigle. Self-explanatory.

And you could add so many more...

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:08 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
- Brock Lesnar, for his laughable career choices.
what the hell happened to him??? I've lost Smackdown a couple of year ago and didn't heard of him after

Old
07-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Artyukhin*

Garry Bettman needs to step in now .

someone tell charles wang the ottawa renagades are looking for a owner

Old
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
the_crippler12

Quote:
what the hell happened to him??? I've lost Smackdown a couple of year ago and didn't heard of him after
he go wrestle in japan or something like that..

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crippler12 View Post
he go wrestle in japan or something like that..

I thought he was just injured

Old
07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Toro

lafontaine just reassured me that he is not an idiot. He resigned.....

The islanders are doomed to the basement till they get a new owner

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Artyukhin*

Smith wasn't used to that kind of setup, even though Wang said he was very clear about it up front. One point of contention was the hiring of an equipment manager. As GM, Smith thought that was his job. Wang decided all matters involving the team would be decided by Nolan.

"I knew it would get worse because when you know it's wrong, it doesn't work," Wang said. "You feel it and you've got to correct it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2522886

Old
07-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
Ahhh....Brock Lesnar's poor damned life. I'll write the whole story for those who don't know. It's worth the read even if you're not a fan, just to see how stupid one can get.

After being an elite Amateur wrestler, a national NCAA Champion for Minnesota, he sacrificed a certain Olympic run (Stoopy Proof #1) turned pro and joined Vince McMahon's WWE. After a couple of years of great success, including winning the world championship of the promotion, Lesnar DERAILED.

It all started when he was ribbed by late veteran grappler "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig on a plane and picked a fight with him, a fight which almost caused the plane to crash as they fought close to the doors and almost opened them, which would have caused an instand crash.(Stoopy Proof #2). He then left his longtime girlfriend and infant kid daughter behind (Stoopy Proof #3) to start jumping the bones of washed up diva and notable gold digger Rena "Sable" Mero (Stoopy Proof #4). Around WrestleMania 20, which saw him lose to Bill Goldberg, who for a rare occasion was the best of two individuals, Lesnar decided he was tired of pro wrestling and wanted to, better sit down for this, PLAY IN THE NFL. (Stoopy Proof #5) He had not played football since high school. He was SO CERTAIN he would succeed that he signed a no-compete agreement with WWE that he wouldn't work any kind of fighting organization until 2010. (Stoopy Proof #6)

Sure enough, as a publicity stunt, the Minnesota Vikings invited him to training camp. They didn't keep him, but encouraged him to pursue a football career in NFL-Europe or the CFL to gain experience. The Vikings had actually arranged him to play in NFL-E but Lesnar refused to report (Stoopy Proof #7). The Winnipeg Blue Bombers put Lesnar on their negociating list, but he refused to negociate with them. (Stoopy Proof #8) His "football career" went to hell. So he decided to return to the ring. Now go back and read the reason for Stoopy Proof #6.

At first, he attempted to comeback to WWE, but made INSANE contractual demands, such as a private plane for his transport. (Stoopy Proof #9) (In an industry where the workers transport themselves at their costs in rental cars, naitch.)

So WWE backed down, and Brock went to Japan. To New Japan Pro Wrestling to be exact. But...remember Stoopy Proof #6? He can't wrestle anywhere. He signed a no-compete agreement. So what's a moron to do?

He broke the agreement and got sued, of course! (Stoopy Proof #10) So he signed an eight matches deal & wrestled for NJPW, won the IWPG Championship (And a new belt custom made for him) in his first match (Defeating fellow airhead Kazuyuki Fujita and NJPW backbone heel worker Masahiro Chono), also won his next 6 matches but failed to draw as good business as he was expected to. So in his last match, which was supposed to be last Sunday, it was decided he would drop the title to young star Hiroshi Tanahashi. So what's a moron to do?

He refused to lose (SP #11), refused to wrestle the last match of his contract (SP #12) and lastly, refused to return the IWGP Championship belt (25000$ US legit value) to the company . (SP #13). The match VS Tanahashi was heavily promoted and New Japan had to make do with a tournament where they crowned a new champion, to whom they gave the old belt.

And that's where it is today. But the stupidity doesn't stop. Lesnar has expressed wish to fight in mixed martial arts matches. (SP #14)

Hey, a couple of good shots to his big blonde head wouldn't hurt...

Old
07-18-2006, 10:11 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

O M G

Old
07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
the_crippler12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Ahhh....Brock Lesnar's poor damned life. I'll write the whole story for those who don't know. It's worth the read even if you're not a fan, just to see how stupid one can get.

After being an elite Amateur wrestler, a national NCAA Champion for Minnesota, he sacrificed a certain Olympic run (Stoopy Proof #1) turned pro and joined Vince McMahon's WWE. After a couple of years of great success, including winning the world championship of the promotion, Lesnar DERAILED.

It all started when he was ribbed by late veteran grappler "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig on a plane and picked a fight with him, a fight which almost caused the plane to crash as they fought close to the doors and almost opened them, which would have caused an instand crash.(Stoopy Proof #2). He then left his longtime girlfriend and infant kid daughter behind (Stoopy Proof #3) to start jumping the bones of washed up diva and notable gold digger Rena "Sable" Mero (Stoopy Proof #4). Around WrestleMania 20, which saw him lose to Bill Goldberg, who for a rare occasion was the best of two individuals, Lesnar decided he was tired of pro wrestling and wanted to, better sit down for this, PLAY IN THE NFL. (Stoopy Proof #5) He had not played football since high school. He was SO CERTAIN he would succeed that he signed a no-compete agreement with WWE that he wouldn't work any kind of fighting organization until 2010. (Stoopy Proof #6)

Sure enough, as a publicity stunt, the Minnesota Vikings invited him to training camp. They didn't keep him, but encouraged him to pursue a football career in NFL-Europe or the CFL to gain experience. The Vikings had actually arranged him to play in NFL-E but Lesnar refused to report (Stoopy Proof #7). The Winnipeg Blue Bombers put Lesnar on their negociating list, but he refused to negociate with them. (Stoopy Proof #8) His "football career" went to hell. So he decided to return to the ring. Now go back and read the reason for Stoopy Proof #6.

At first, he attempted to comeback to WWE, but made INSANE contractual demands, such as a private plane for his transport. (Stoopy Proof #9) (In an industry where the workers transport themselves at their costs in rental cars, naitch.)

So WWE backed down, and Brock went to Japan. To New Japan Pro Wrestling to be exact. But...remember Stoopy Proof #6? He can't wrestle anywhere. He signed a no-compete agreement. So what's a moron to do?

He broke the agreement and got sued, of course! (Stoopy Proof #10) So he signed an eight matches deal & wrestled for NJPW, won the IWPG Championship (And a new belt custom made for him) in his first match (Defeating fellow airhead Kazuyuki Fujita and NJPW backbone heel worker Masahiro Chono), also won his next 6 matches but failed to draw as good business as he was expected to. So in his last match, which was supposed to be last Sunday, it was decided he would drop the title to young star Hiroshi Tanahashi. So what's a moron to do?

He refused to lose (SP #11), refused to wrestle the last match of his contract (SP #12) and lastly, refused to return the IWGP Championship belt (25000$ US legit value) to the company . (SP #13). The match VS Tanahashi was heavily promoted and New Japan had to make do with a tournament where they crowned a new champion, to whom they gave the old belt.

And that's where it is today. But the stupidity doesn't stop. Lesnar has expressed wish to fight in mixed martial arts matches. (SP #14)

Hey, a couple of good shots to his big blonde head wouldn't hurt...
all muscle, no brain

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
has a player ever became a gm this soon after retiring anywhere before?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Bobby Clarke & Serge Savard did.

But they were who they were, not damn Garth Snow.

Old
07-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Pere Noel

1. Robert Nilsson, LW

2. Petteri Nokelainen, C

3. Ryan O'Marra, C

4. Jeff Tambellini, LW

5. Denis Grebeshkov, D

Those are the top 5 prospects of the NYI, can we phone them and test out the NYI committee?

We would like the top 5 set plus Kyle Okposo, their first pick this summe in exchange for say Aebischer?

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Artyukhin*

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=272761