HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Boyle (The "He just plain sucks" Edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
  #526
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
A fire was lit under his ass when he was scratched. Played his ass off his first game back then disappeared. Pretty much what I expected.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:24 PM
  #527
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This is a refreshing post hidden in a cesspool of thoughts on this board. I say that because its objective, which is a rarity around here. Some people have their thoughts on Boyle set in stone and it wont change - so its nice to see a legitimate post about how he played well the past 2 years and is playing like **** this season (aka, reality).

Preconceived notions that simply won't change is poisoning the discourse all over this board. Beyond Boyle, the same stuff is going on in the Kreider thread with those who just refuse to accept reality.
You find cluelessness refreshing? Can't say I'm surprised. What's really funny is the hypocrisy of the Boyle supporters who accuse others of ignoring reality and not seeing what's really happening due to their own biases. You're on a sinking ship with BB; enjoy the drift to nowhere.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:26 PM
  #528
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
A fire was lit under his ass when he was scratched. Played his ass off his first game back then disappeared. Pretty much what I expected.
Even when he plays hard he is still a man with poor hockey skills. He has wingspan and a work ethic. That keeps him on the ice, but when the puck is his responsibility, the game takes a turn for the worse for Ranger fans.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:13 AM
  #529
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
A fire was lit under his ass when he was scratched. Played his ass off his first game back then disappeared. Pretty much what I expected.
no doubt +1

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
  #530
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
A fire was lit under his ass when he was scratched. Played his ass off his first game back then disappeared. Pretty much what I expected.
If your not going to score at least use your size and finish your checks...ala Cally

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:43 AM
  #531
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
If your not going to score at least use your size and finish your checks...ala Cally
He leads the team in hits doesn't he?

BTW, I agree, I would be okay with the Rangers moving him in favor of someone who is better.

I wonder if Dominic Moore is willing to play...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:48 AM
  #532
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He leads the team in hits doesn't he?

BTW, I agree, I would be okay with the Rangers moving him in favor of someone who is better.

I wonder if Dominic Moore is willing to play...
Dominic is still out there, don't know if he wants to play since his wife just passed, by the way I agree he has worked the body checking more, but these stats are misleading, against the Jets I counted 4 body checks for Cally on 1 shift in the 2nd period and he ended the game with 5

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
  #533
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod
 
FATCHAMALA11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He leads the team in hugs doesn't he?

BTW, I agree, I would be okay with the Rangers moving him in favor of someone who is better.

I wonder if Dominic Moore is willing to play...
Fixed. There is no way those are hits.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:56 AM
  #534
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
You find cluelessness refreshing? Can't say I'm surprised. What's really funny is the hypocrisy of the Boyle supporters who accuse others of ignoring reality and not seeing what's really happening due to their own biases. You're on a sinking ship with BB; enjoy the drift to nowhere.
Not one person has said Boyle is playing well this season. Problem is, your predisposed hatred started before the season, when he was actually a valuable commodity to this team. If you think 18 games makes your opinion valid, well, you're just the mindless opportunist that you come off as in every one of your posts.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:57 AM
  #535
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
He is quite possibly the most overrated Ranger of all time. Casual fans who I know in real life seem to love him for no apparent reason. Certainly since I've been watching there hasn't been a Ranger like that. 1992.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:57 AM
  #536
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Fixed. There is no way those are hits.
Another fine example of how the mind's eye drifts into fantasy land, especially when stats are provided.

Fact: Brian Boyle leads the Rangers in hits

Opinion: Those are not hits

The NHL thinks they are hits

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:01 AM
  #537
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,764
vCash: 300
I've been one of the biggest Boyle supports on this site, but man, has he looked bad as of late. Seems like he's just decided that he's always going to play no matter what, so he stopped trying to be an effective player.

He has the potential to be so much more than he's been this season - I'm wishing we had the Boyle from last season at this point. He's a great bottom-6er at his peak...right now, he's playing like a fringe NHLer. He needs to better, he's got to step it up.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:02 AM
  #538
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Willie huber playing center.. Guy has no touch no heart .. He had a fluke season and never again break 10 goals

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:15 AM
  #539
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I've been one of the biggest Boyle supports on this site, but man, has he looked bad as of late. Seems like he's just decided that he's always going to play no matter what, so he stopped trying to be an effective player.

He has the potential to be so much more than he's been this season - I'm wishing we had the Boyle from last season at this point. He's a great bottom-6er at his peak...right now, he's playing like a fringe NHLer. He needs to better, he's got to step it up.
I still like him better on the 4th line

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
  #540
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 50
As a fourth line center he's still okay, but he's having his worst season.

Also I made a slight change to the title.

SixGoalieSystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:00 AM
  #541
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,908
vCash: 500
his first 2 games after the benching, he was an animal, hitting everything in sight, playing the boards, etc.

and then his play dropped off noticeably again.

I'd keep benching him till he realizes he needs to play that way all the time.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  #542
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
He is quite possibly the most overrated Ranger of all time. Casual fans who I know in real life seem to love him for no apparent reason. Certainly since I've been watching there hasn't been a Ranger like that. 1992.
no that would be brandon prust.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:35 AM
  #543
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not one person has said Boyle is playing well this season. Problem is, your predisposed hatred started before the season, when he was actually a valuable commodity to this team. If you think 18 games makes your opinion valid, well, you're just the mindless opportunist that you come off as in every one of your posts.
You're not paying attention. I don't hate Brian Boyle. I actually like Brian Boyle. However, to win a cup this team will need to be firing on all cylinders and having a 4th line center slotted into the 3C role has me convinced that a cup win is a pipe dream. I, obviously have a different opinion regarding his skill level. Mindless? C'mon.

I will be at the game tonight and if he plays well I will give him his props. However, I will not be convinced that with his puck skills and skating ability he is anything but a 4th line center/pk specialist. I never thought he should have been benched, but once he was I didn't see any reason to bring him back into a successful situation until there was a real dip in the team's play (giving up a few goals late to Boston in my mind doesnt' qualify). That's pretty much it...and i know I've said this before.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:38 AM
  #544
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,834
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Another fine example of how the mind's eye drifts into fantasy land, especially when stats are provided.

Fact: Brian Boyle leads the Rangers in hits

Opinion: Those are not hits

The NHL thinks they are hits
When is a stat not a stat?

When its a positive one, and applies to Brian Boyle.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:44 AM
  #545
sousuffer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
no that would be brandon prust.
And Matthew Barnaby, Ulf Samuelsson...the list goes on and on.

I happen to think Boyle came to camp out of shape (I think Lundqvist, Richards, Bickel, and possibly even Callahan came to camp out of shape as well - hence the lack of stamina and/or consistency in their performances - not to mention Hagelin started slowly and Gaborik is coming off an injury). Everyone needs to get their act together.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:45 PM
  #546
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Boyle is a huge body that does nothing great one this ok and the rest avg.. Torts loves him and he gets to play Kreider is 35 times the player yet isn't allowed to make one single mistake.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
  #547
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,834
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Torts loves him and he gets to play Kreider is 35 times the player yet isn't allowed to make one single mistake.
Thirty-five times?! Wow. I had no idea it was that drastic.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:45 PM
  #548
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500












for a guy that is 6'7 he does get knocked down a bit too much.. he isnt good at anything and just takes up space... he is useless. rather have a quicker Tom Pyatt for example than Boyle...4 goals 9 pts in 19 games for Pyatt...1 pt in 15 games for Boyle.. rangers need to get quicker.... Boyle slows the Rangers down when he is on the ice.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
  #549
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,834
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
for a guy that is 6'7 he does get knocked down a bit too much.. he isnt good at anything and just takes up space... he is useless. rather have a quicker Tom Pyatt for example than Boyle...4 goals 9 pts in 19 games for Pyatt...1 pt in 15 games for Boyle.. rangers need to get quicker.... Boyle slows the Rangers down when he is on the ice.
You are the world's premier Youtube scout.

Even after Pyatt's breakout 19 games, he still has 5 more points in his 194 game NHL career than Boyle had in his 2010-11 season.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  #550
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,834
vCash: 659
Looks like Torts is putting Gaborik with Boyle to try to get Gabby going. Should work.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.