HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #22| Feb. 27, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

Old
02-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
someone had to do it...

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
For a game that had nothing to do with them, Pens fans sure are whiny on their board.
where? I have to see it. There are a lot of sensible fans on their board - the problem is - they don't call out the teenagers for being complete homers. They don't shame their morons into shutting up. I think it's because they sucked for so many years that they have mainly younger fans.

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon". - I swear I got him to cry.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-27-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
where? I have to see it. There are a lot of sensible fans on their board - the problem is - they don't call out the teenagers for being complete homers. They don't shame their morons into shutting up. I think it's because they sucked for so many years that they have mainly younger fans.

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon". - I swear I got him to cry.
In their general NHL thread

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-27-2013 at 11:15 PM.
laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Mgkibbles

Rejoice! Giroux is once again a ppg player

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Picture of Simmonds.

'gordie howe hatricks.... just for the fun of it"

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Qyburn

*reads post trashing specific member of other board* *covers face in shame*

Qyburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Simon Gagne

Back to Philly....just for the fun of it.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:14 PM
The Couturier Effect

They're calling us hypocrites because we send our "goons" out in the last minute, and complain when someone else does it to us.

And they thought it was fine when Vitale did the same thing to Briere last year.

This is also coming from the same franchise that kept their mouths shut while Matt Cooke was ending careers, until their superstar took an elbow to the face. Then they begged for rule changes. Talk about hypocrites. What a joke.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

We should probably clinch a playoff spot before we get all happy.

LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon".

The Giroux thread on the main boards is good one going right now. One of their dumb fans claimed Giroux was riding Voracek's coatails right now. He's pretty much getting hammered in that thread now.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 02-27-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: quoted post edited
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
They're calling us hypocrites because we send our "goons" out in the last minute, and complain when someone else does it to us.

And they thought it was fine when Vitale did the same thing to Briere last year.

This is also coming from the same franchise that kept their mouths shut while Matt Cooke was ending careers, until their superstar took an elbow to the face. Then they begged for rule changes. Talk about hypocrites. What a joke.
**** the Pens fans.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
fauxflex

I thought the D did an excellent job tonight. They were mostly stiff in their own end, blocking shots and hitting people but they also excelled at moving the puck out of the zone. Grossman, Schenn and Gervais in particular consistently made solid puck moving plays out of the defensive zone. This (and the strong forchecking effort) was a big reason the ice was tilted toward the Caps end most of the game.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
*reads post trashing specific member of other board* *covers face in shame*
why not? am I being classless? the guy is the worst Pens fan (or any fan) I have ever encountered. I'm "trashing" him here on our board - not trolling over there. I better edit my post before somebody tells on me.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
why not?
I wouldn't tell anyone what to do or not to. If my face gets red I put a hand over it. *shrug*

Old
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
why not? am I being classless? the guy is the worst Pens fan (or any fan) I have ever encountered. I'm "trashing" him here on our board - not trolling over there. I better edit my post before somebody tells on me.
I feel the same way sometimes, can we not speak out on our own board... over moderated (not talking about our guys) sometimes, people do get up in arms.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:24 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

I see Luke Schenn lead the way in ice time in tonight game nice to see.

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:

To be fair, it's only 2 guys and they both seem like they're simply going through the motions, waiting for the other one to make the first move and invite him upstairs for a night cap.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:32 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:

I thought that was fine too. It was a clean check and you should have known the Penguins were going to throw their bodies around. Putting Briere out on the ice was stupid.

I personally would rather put out the "goons" at the end of the game that you can't win/lose instead of one of your top players.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:33 PM
fauxflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Gagne has always been a big game player. I think he looked very good tonight. His skating is still very good and he made some great plays. He easily could have had another point if Schenn hadn't been robbed by the Caps goalie (name?).

I think Couturier also looked quite good tonight, and Talbot got his first goal of the year as well. I look forward to seeing that line continue to play great defense while chipping in some more points than they had until tonight.
Just to pile on the Gags love, in his last stint for the Flyers beofre being traded to TB, the team was statistically more effective on the powerplay and PK with Gagne than without. He's a solid two way ES player and a very good special teams player. People talk like he's one of these 40 year old players, but he's what 33? If he's truly healthy, there's really no reason he couldn't be a 50-60 pt guy while playing solid d for another few years.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I see Luke Schenn lead the way in ice time in tonight game nice to see.
He had a really solid game. His checks are much harder than I thought they would be when we first acquired him.

Old
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Can anyone tell me how Luke Schenn was tonight any monster hits?

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:35 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1060
Gagne post-game (video) interview:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/vid...ck-with-Flyers

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:39 PM
flyersfan187

Gagne already looks to have some good chemistry with Cooter and Talbot didn't even seem too out of place on that line. It is a great shut down line with much more scoring potential now that Gagne is there. He still has a great shot and plays sound defense. I can't believe he was had for a 4th rounder. I also liked seeing Briere with Gagne a few times, because for this team to go far Briere has to turn it on.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I thought that was fine too. It was a clean check and you should have known the Penguins were going to throw their bodies around. Putting Briere out on the ice was stupid.

I personally would rather put out the "goons" at the end of the game that you can't win/lose instead of one of your top players.
I agree except that I'll go so far as to say that putting Briere out wasn't stupid. What's the alternative, hide every time? Sometimes it's better to coach with some balls and let the chips fall where they fall.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
drownedsailors

Do. Not. Talk. About. Playoffs.

Do you know how many times we've won 2 games in row? Three times. That is so painfully sad.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote