HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour: Aebischer to Wings

Old
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
the_crippler12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson View Post
I don't think Holland is dumb enough to pick up Aebischer.

Everyone has seen how he plays lately, particularly Holland being in Detroit with the Avs rivalry they've had for years. Aebischer has been a terrible keeper for a while now, and the fact that the Habs picked him up at all was nothing short of a minor miracle for the Avalanche.

*IF* Aebischer is moved, I would have a hard time believing he could bring back much of anything. His value has to be less than Cloutier's and look what he went for.
holland is or was interested in Belfour..why not aebischer?

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
And what if we are trying to get a player like Datsyuk...IMO, it's doughtful, but not impossible. After all, Thornton was traded away from Boston!

Detroit would still have Zetterberg and Lang, and they would make a place for Hudler.

And they have some holes to fill...they need to replace Shanahan, they have depht on defence, but could use another top 4 defenceman and they need a #1 goaltender.

What would we have to offer:

On the wings, we have Ryder...in a package for Datsyuk, why not!

On defence, we have Souray...would be a huge lost, but Detroit could add a defenceman...

In net, we only have Aebischer...

We have many prospects and we can trade our picks...

So my proposal:

Aebischer, Ryder and Souray/Perezhogin/1st

For

Datsyuk, Lilja(if we trade Souray)

Thornton, who is better than Datsyuk, was traded for around the same thing...maybe even less!

So our line up would look like this:

Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalev --> An all Russian line
Higgins-Koivu-Perezhogin/Latendresse/Kostitsyn --> depend on who's ready
Perezhogin/Latendresse/Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Murray

EXTRA - Downey, Ferland

Markov-Komisarek
Souray/Lilja-Rivet
Bouillon-Dandenault

EXTRA - Streit, Coté

Huet
Danis

Trade Ribeiro, but if we can't, put him in the line up as a winger...on the 2nd or on the 3rd line.
Lang is the one they are shopping - not Datsyuk who is a big part of their youth movement. This is July, they are not forced to make any moves like Bruins did with Joe Thornton (which is propably why their GM got axed BTW). Someone is going to give Wings a winger or goaltender they need for Lang ... eventually.

Personally I would absolutely hate seeing Souray replaced by Lilja. This would not be particularly classy move from Mr. Gainey either, if Sheldon asked to be traded into California.

Ribs ... I would take every measure seeing him moved first, before getting caught in forward logjam. We could replace him from within (Plekanec) but risking with too many forwards could see us losing someone important to waivers. And havent they already tried Ribeiro on the wing ... can remember atleast couple occasions when we had Gilmour and Perreault with the team aswell as Koivu.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
habitue*

Quote:
I don't think Holland is dumb enough to pick up Aebischer.

Everyone has seen how he plays lately, particularly Holland being in Detroit with the Avs rivalry they've had for years. Aebischer has been a terrible keeper for a while now, and the fact that the Habs picked him up at all was nothing short of a minor miracle for the Avalanche.

*IF* Aebischer is moved, I would have a hard time believing he could bring back much of anything. His value has to be less than Cloutier's and look what he went for.
The miracle is that the Avs took Theodore and his fat contract away from Montreal.
Nobody miss Jose in Montreal ! Good riddance

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Aebischer has been a terrible keeper for a while now
I'm not sure what you base this on?

He hasn't exactly had a career season, but he was doing well when the Habs traded for him. And he certainly did very well for the Habs once he got past his new-team jitters.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
Maybe Niklas Kronwall?
I expect !!! I don't want Lang at all

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
wildone26*

I hope he is not traded yet. I want to see he and Huet have a battle royale for the starting job in the first 3 months of next season.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Doubt it. I really think Gainey is done, and won't trade abby till he battles it out with Huet for the number one goalie spot next season.........

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:08 PM
kevinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2 View Post
Exactly the post I was going to make, they already have Datsyuk and Zetterberg as their number one and two centermen.
Since when is Zetterberg a center? They lost StevieY to retirement. They have Draper, Lang and Datsyuk. That's not really stacked, IMO.

kevinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Pascal

There's no way we'd get Kronwall from Detroit.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:44 PM
maniac

lang is garbage he is slower then ribs and and a hell of a lot older + is more of a samsonov kovy type player where he plays like once every 5 games and we dont need another guy like that

i say give ribs one last chance

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Ghost of Saku

i forget who said it, but someone mentioned Aeby's value being way down. The guy had 29 wins last season between two teams. I doubt very much that those stats and his modest 1.9$ million dollar salary for a starting goalie are gonna scare teams away...

He's a steal

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolov_kovalev View Post
Got this off hockeytraderumors.com

Detroit Free Press eh?

"According to Detroit free press and Montreal Gazette…

Rumours about restricted free agent David Aebisher intensify that the wings have made an offer to the Montreal goalie and that is why the talks between the Detroit GM and Belfour have stalled a bit.

The Wings are very interested in Aebisher but no names have been mentioned of whom the Wings would give in return if that deal could be made..."

You know what?:

Aebi: 1.9 mil
Ribs: 1.9 mil

for:
Lang
4+mil
draft pick

Imagine Samsonov with Lang and Kovy, wow, what a line!
Abby is not a restricted free agent......we signed him already

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
I hope he is not traded yet. I want to see he and Huet have a battle royale for the starting job in the first 3 months of next season.

You still around? You shouldn't talk about things U know nothing about ...30%

Last edited by Toro: 07-18-2006 at 11:15 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Toro

I really hope Lang does not become a Hab...for all the above reasons and more

Old
07-18-2006, 11:15 PM
bfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
Lang, no thanx...

what about aebisher for williams ?
they'd do it in a sec...u see him in the post season?

bfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
Since when is Zetterberg a center? They lost StevieY to retirement. They have Draper, Lang and Datsyuk. That's not really stacked, IMO.
His natural position is center and he plays much better when he plays his natural position........ We do NOT want Ribiero or Aebischer. Please keep your crap. (Even though the Habs are my favorite east team I still call the crappy players crap)

Zetterberg4Captain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
lang is garbage he is slower then ribs and and a hell of a lot older + is more of a samsonov kovy type player where he plays like once every 5 games and we dont need another guy like that

i say give ribs one last chance

If Lang is garbage, that makes Ribeiro *********.

I have no problem giving Ribeiro one last chance but don't discredit another player to prop up your own.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:41 AM
maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
If Lang is garbage, that makes Ribeiro *********.

I have no problem giving Ribeiro one last chance but don't discredit another player to prop up your own.
im not hehe i hate ribeiro to (with a passion if i might add) lol i just think he deserves another chance with sammy and kovy

lang is basically like a ribs they both arent very fast both arent very good skaters both underachievers last few seasons however both good passers but the one thing goin for ribs by far is his age and salary hes 25-26 compared to 35 or so for lang who cost a lot more

i dont think lang is a good fit here wed eat him alive lol

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
rumour is habs were after garth snow
Nothingless than the new Islanders GM

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
We do NOT want Ribiero or Aebischer. Please keep your crap.
So they're not Lemieux and Roy. But contrary to widespread HFBoards belief, they're far from crap.

Even Ribeiro, who is this board's whipping boy, got a raise from Gainey because Bob knows he's not crap. As for Aebi, he's definitely a good starter and has better career stats and more playoff experience than, say, Martin Biron.

They've just been proposed in so many trade transactions that these boards are sick of them, but in the real world they're good players. Their one-year contracts do limit their trade value, mind you.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Pat

unless Gainey gets an offer he CAN'T refuse, I say keep Aebischer and have him and Huet battle it out for the starting job.
although the starting job belongs in some sort to Huet, he hasn't proven anything yet. Aebischer is a good insurance policy

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolov_kovalev View Post
Got this off hockeytraderumors.com

Detroit Free Press eh?

"According to Detroit free press and Montreal Gazette…

Rumours about restricted free agent David Aebisher intensify that the wings have made an offer to the Montreal goalie and that is why the talks between the Detroit GM and Belfour have stalled a bit.

The Wings are very interested in Aebisher but no names have been mentioned of whom the Wings would give in return if that deal could be made..."

You know what?:

Aebi: 1.9 mil
Ribs: 1.9 mil

for:
Lang
4+mil
draft pick

Imagine Samsonov with Lang and Kovy, wow, what a line!
No LANG please!!!!!!!!! Just imagine a line of Samsonov-Bonk-Kovalev........ that's about what a Lang line would look like.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Habruti!

Abiesher and a third for Kindle.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
wholeshow*

why is everyone so eager to trade aebischer? yes, he may be a good trading chip to attain a centerman...but goaltending is the most important position in the NHL (and for some reason other teams are underestimating the worth of aebischer, when he's actually a very good goaltender). even though huet has proven himself at every single level he's played at, its still good to have an experienced player (but young) with exceptional career stats as an insurance policy. Huet can get hurt, or there maybe times where he struggles...that's where a guy like aebi can step in and hold the fort.

i'm not too high on yann danis just yet, however i just want to see how our goaltenders perform at camp, preseason and the first few games of the regular seasons so we can get a good idea of our goaltending situation and critically assess our standing from there.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
fatmax

Like many said, I don't want Lang, we already have Bonk, I would maybe be ready to swap those two (Bonk for Lang) but it wouldn't be wise since we would pay approx 2 million more of the same crap.

Stop making rumors, our team is complete for now! I don't see how we can improve without seing the team play.

Abei might want to stay for the habs since they're going to be a good contender next season (let hope everyone worked fine with each other), he's going to be a UFA at the end of next year and Huet has only proven that he can be good for 40 games, there's still 42 games left.

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote