HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Free Agents

Old
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
- Resign Nick Leddy to a 3-year, 8.1M contract; 2.0M, 2.6M, 3.5M
- Resign Marcus Kruger to a 2-year, 3.2M conract; 1.2M, 2M
- Resign Ryan Stanton to a 2-year, 1.2M contract; 600K, 600K - 2way 1st year, 1way 2nd
- Sign Valtteri Filppula to a 5-year, 23M contract; 5.5M, 5M, 4.5M, 4M, 4M
- Acquire Steve Mason's rights for a 4th round pick, sign him to a 2-year, 3.6M contract; 2M, 1.6M
- Trade Dave Bolland to Toronto for Jay McClement and a 1st round pick in 2014

FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.600m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Phillip Danault ($0.994m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.600m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Ben Smith ($0.563m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.600m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,846,795; BONUSES: $207,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,660,705

Bolland would have to be moved. You get a really good 4th line centre and a 1st round pick, which in Toronto could be anywhere from 10th-20th.

The thing that I know alot of people will criticize is signing Steve Mason. He's not a great goaltender, but in Chicago I think he could thrive playing 20-30 games behind Crow. He's not as bad as he's been over the past couple seasons and getting out of Columbus, I think, would do wonders for him. Trading for Bobrovsky and with their goaltending pipeline, I don't think Columbus would have a problem trading his RFA rights in the summer, if they even qualify him. Helps that they're going East, too.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Hawkaholic

Goodbye chemistry.

I can't see TO trading that much for Bolland either.

Otherwise, I don't mind those moves

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Goodbye chemistry.

I can't see TO trading that much for Bolland either.

Otherwise, I don't mind those moves
They get an upgrade in a position of weakness and give up a 1st to make up the difference. They also get a local boy and the media in Toronto would love his playoff pedigree, as would Toronto's brass, I would think.

If Toronto feels they're capable of making a decent run next year, I think they'd do it. Chicago has to get, at least, a 1st round pick for Bolland if they go out and sign someone like Filppula, Roy or Weiss in the off-season (should they become UFAs).

Old
02-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Hawkaholic

I would think TO would rather pick up a C in free agency than give up their depth Cman and a 1st for Bolly. They are still a team building for the future.

And I think I would rather see Chicago keep Bolland and maybe sign Bozak, who is amazing on faceoffs and won't cost as much as Filppula.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I would think TO would rather pick up a C in free agency than give up their depth Cman and a 1st for Bolly. They are still a team building for the future.

And I think I would rather see Chicago keep Bolland and maybe sign Bozak, who is amazing on faceoffs and won't cost as much as Filppula.
Bozak's not going to be cheap on the open market, and I wouldn't be as comfortable giving him a 3-5 year deal as I would Weiss or Filppula.

I'd prefer to keep Bolland too.. but it's just not possible if CHI goes out and gets a quality #2 centre.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Bozak's not going to be cheap on the open market, and I wouldn't be as comfortable giving him a 3-5 year deal as I would Weiss or Filppula.

I'd prefer to keep Bolland too.. but it's just not possible if CHI goes out and gets a quality #2 centre.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:02 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Isn't Filp a lw now?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Isn't Filp a lw now?
Asked a Redwings' fan about that the other day.. apparently he's had more success at LW, but he prefers centre. Between Hossa and Sharp, he'd be great.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Yup, perfect fit for our team/cap.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
Point

Your head
Where are you at in KC? Make the trip to St. Louis much?

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:43 PM
zac

I've been a big Bolland supporter over the years, but I think the injuries have taken their toll on him a bit. He, in my eyes, is not the shutdown defensive center he once was. I could easily see Kruger replacing him their and I think we could get pretty good value on the market for him. Question is, what would that do to the locker room? That would be my biggest concern.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I'll be surprised if Stalberg is here after the trade deadline. They're not going to resign him.
why trade him with his cheap contract he outplays and offers nice depth?
Losing Players for free is not the end of the world and it's not like it's in soccer when you would get money for him before he leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
- Resign Nick Leddy to a 3-year, 8.1M contract; 2.0M, 2.6M, 3.5M
- Resign Marcus Kruger to a 2-year, 3.2M conract; 1.2M, 2M
- Resign Ryan Stanton to a 2-year, 1.2M contract; 600K, 600K - 2way 1st year, 1way 2nd
- Sign Valtteri Filppula to a 5-year, 23M contract; 5.5M, 5M, 4.5M, 4M, 4M
- Acquire Steve Mason's rights for a 4th round pick, sign him to a 2-year, 3.6M contract; 2M, 1.6M
- Trade Dave Bolland to Toronto for Jay McClement and a 1st round pick in 2014

FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.600m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Phillip Danault ($0.994m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.600m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Ben Smith ($0.563m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.600m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,846,795; BONUSES: $207,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,660,705

Bolland would have to be moved. You get a really good 4th line centre and a 1st round pick, which in Toronto could be anywhere from 10th-20th.

The thing that I know alot of people will criticize is signing Steve Mason. He's not a great goaltender, but in Chicago I think he could thrive playing 20-30 games behind Crow. He's not as bad as he's been over the past couple seasons and getting out of Columbus, I think, would do wonders for him. Trading for Bobrovsky and with their goaltending pipeline, I don't think Columbus would have a problem trading his RFA rights in the summer, if they even qualify him. Helps that they're going East, too.
that'd be a dream offseason. I would upgrade Stanton with a Free Agent or just keep Rozi.

Quote:
Goodby chemistry.
because we Trade 2 players, 1 most likely retires and 3 others leave as Free Agents? 6 Players would go. 1 is the Backup, 1 a healthy scratch and 3 Bottom 6 players. We would also upgrade Bolland with Filppula. Too bad this won't happen.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
because we Trade 2 players, 1 most likely retires and 3 others leave as Free Agents? 6 Players would go. 1 is the Backup, 1 a healthy scratch and 3 Bottom 6 players. We would also upgrade Bolland with Filppula. Too bad this won't happen.
Because everyline has a different player on it.

Line 2 - Filppula is new
Line 3 - Danault with Kruger and Shaw (who haven't played together)
Line 4 - none of them have played together.

I'm not worried about Line 2 in this case, but the bottom 6 would need to get famaliar with each other...good thing it will be an 82 game season though.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
I've been a big Bolland supporter over the years, but I think the injuries have taken their toll on him a bit. He, in my eyes, is not the shutdown defensive center he once was. I could easily see Kruger replacing him their and I think we could get pretty good value on the market for him. Question is, what would that do to the locker room? That would be my biggest concern.
Until I see a playoff run where Bolland isn't one of the lynchpins of the team, I'm gonig to wait on making any judgements.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Hawkaholic

It's all crazy talk RE: Bolland. To say he is not the shutdown C he once was or that injuries have taken their toll is completely premature and ridiculous. After 16games at the 2nd line C position, everyone has soured on him. Pathetic.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:20 AM
coldsteelonice84

He's far from a natural 2C. He's doing the best he can because we don't have one. Don't blame him.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
It's all crazy talk RE: Bolland. To say he is not the shutdown C he once was or that injuries have taken their toll is completely premature and ridiculous. After 16games at the 2nd line C position, everyone has soured on him. Pathetic.
I don't necessarily believe that, its just if you want to upgrade to a true #2 center, Bolland is going to have to be moved for it to work. Unless someone like Danault, McNeil, or K Hayes comes in next year and lights it up as a #2 center (which is like 99% not happening) a #2 center is going to cost some coin.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Well, I would rather have Bolland as our shutdown Dman, and a 2nd line C than keep Leddy and Stalberg. I know it's not a popular opinion because of the hard on for Leddy around here, but our team would be better with Bolland as our #3C and a real #2C than with Leddy and Stalberg and a #2C.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Well, I would rather have Bolland as our shutdown Dman, and a 2nd line C than keep Leddy and Stalberg. I know it's not a popular opinion because of the hard on for Leddy around here, but our team would be better with Bolland as our #3C and a real #2C than with Leddy and Stalberg and a #2C.
Probably, but the point is Leddy is going to continue to get better; he likely won't be a top-pairing guy, but a very good #3 and Chicago has young players that can come in a be quality #3 centres immediately (Kruger, Shaw) or within two years (Danault, McNeill).

You could let Leddy go and bring up Clendening.. except, with the way he plays, he could put up 30+ points in his rookie season on Chicago's top PP unit and then, in a year, you'd have to extend him.

I'm very much in the 'Keep Bolland' group.. but if it's between Leddy + a #2C or Bolland + Leddy, I'd choose the former.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Let Leddy go and bring up Clendening? Good lord that is a bad idea. Why would anyone want to get rid of Leddy?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
hockeydoug

I don't think it's worth trading Bolland anymore. Looking around the league, the price for the 2c isn't going to get any lower and Bolland's value is shrinking by the month. I've wanted Bolland gone for a long time but I think he's at the point now it's better to just gamble on him being healthy for the playoffs and keeping quality depth with the skaters. I don't want them to rely on a bunch of skaters with less than 100 games next year. 8 nhl defensemen is a must, and that should be addressed right after extending Leddy.

Still a little early to gauge what Stalberg will be worth. Frolik probably has to be dumped and Olesz bought out. I'm not sure the best move would be to buyout Montador right away, might want to hang on to a buyout for a while.

My opinions on Bickell, Emery, and Roszival aren't set, and I'm not sure where they're priced yet. The goalie market will be a little more wild next year.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Let Leddy go and bring up Clendening? Good lord that is a bad idea. Why would anyone want to get rid of Leddy?
Just looking at it from a different POV. I'm in the keep Leddy boat.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I don't think it's worth trading Bolland anymore. Looking around the league, the price for the 2c isn't going to get any lower and Bolland's value is shrinking by the month. I've wanted Bolland gone for a long time but I think he's at the point now it's better to just gamble on him being healthy for the playoffs and keeping quality depth with the skaters. I don't want them to rely on a bunch of skaters with less than 100 games next year. 8 nhl defensemen is a must, and that should be addressed right after extending Leddy.

Still a little early to gauge what Stalberg will be worth. Frolik probably has to be dumped and Olesz bought out. I'm not sure the best move would be to buyout Montador right away, might want to hang on to a buyout for a while.

My opinions on Bickell, Emery, and Roszival aren't set, and I'm not sure where they're priced yet. The goalie market will be a little more wild next year.
Each team has 2 compliance buyouts. If you don't use it this summer (2013), you have to use it next summer or they'll expire (essentially). If Montador and Olesz are both healthy, they'll both be compliance boughtout. The only way Montador isn't bought out is if, for some reason, a team wants to trade for him.. but, given his concussion history, that would likely scare away teams looking to get to the cap floor because it serves them no good to have Montador on LTIR.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Trade Bolland? Get rid of Leddy? Steve Mason?

...hello and goodbye to this thread. Adios muchachos!

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Mason as #2 wouldn't be the worst idea. He is doing better this year as long as the D infront of him keeps up with the speed of the opponents.

If Emery gets a chance to start on another team, I'd highly consider Mason.

Leddy will stay, no doubt. Same with Krüger who really becomes our Frans Nielsen/Marcel Goc

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote