HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon Gagne traded to Philly for a conditional 3rd/4th rounder

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 01:29 AM
  #201
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Carter says what?
not sure that historically speaking your post means much. It is fascinating that anyone still argues this.

With the offensive firepower we have on this team our point production is abysmal. You dont agree?

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
  #202
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,325
vCash: 500
What exactly are you complaining about ?

Missed the Cup last year did yah ?

Kings are not going to score like East teams...PERIOD. With Lombardi at the helm....

Get over it, Move on.

It should be, Pond Hockey " It goes to die in the Western Conference"

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
  #203
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,774
vCash: 500
Awards:
The only teams who play like offensive juggernauts will be the teams getting dumped by teams like us in the playoffs. LA, STL, NAS, PHX in Round 2 last year speaks for itself.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:35 AM
  #204
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
The Kings game plan every game is to grind the other team into a sticky paste. To do that you need big boys up front. The 3rd period of these last 2 games are what Kings' hockey is all about.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:11 AM
  #205
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,014
vCash: 500
LOL figures. Good for Gags, hope he can resurrect his scoring touch.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
  #206
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
I'm happy for Gagne, but did anyone honestly believe he wouldn't have success in that pond hockey system they play in Philly? Listen, he's going to put up points there, let it go. He was never going to put-up a fraction of those points in this system, so wish him luck and move on. I hope Gagne carries them to the 8th seed before quickly bowing-out to a team that will grind that circus system down and out to the golf course.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:40 AM
  #207
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
good for gagne.

only ****** thing to take from this is that any UFA the kings sign, you have to cross your fingers that he can play in the system without going impotent scoring.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:43 AM
  #208
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,156
vCash: 500
Almost every single one of us is familiar with Simmond's level of play. Look what he's doing in Philly. Of course everyone who goes there is going to score. Not that Wayne is a scrub, but my god his numbers skyrocketed. It's like hitting at Coors Field.

Here's some food for thought. With equal games, the Kings will score about 20 fewer goals than Philly this season. Philly has already allowed 25 more goals than the Kings. They've played 4 more games, but that should tell you something about what they focus on there. Right now they are a fringe playoff team at best.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:16 AM
  #209
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Almost every single one of us is familiar with Simmond's level of play. Look what he's doing in Philly. Of course everyone who goes there is going to score. Not that Wayne is a scrub, but my god his numbers skyrocketed. It's like hitting at Coors Field.

Here's some food for thought. With equal games, the Kings will score about 20 fewer goals than Philly this season. Philly has already allowed 25 more goals than the Kings. They've played 4 more games, but that should tell you something about what they focus on there. Right now they are a fringe playoff team at best.
Simmonds has turned into a monster in front of the net on the PP.

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:43 AM
  #210
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Dont understand why Gagne was dealt. Salary dump?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:46 AM
  #211
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,502
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Dont understand why Gagne was dealt. Salary dump?
Partially, but mostly out of respect for the player. There wasn't room for him, he wasn't playing, and he didn't fit in to Sutter's system real well.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  #212
JureEe
Go Kings Go!
 
JureEe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sLOVEnija
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Gangne interview in Philly about LA...

http://www.courierpostonline.com/videonetwork/2193974724001/Gagne-on-first-game-back-with-Flyers?nclick_check=1

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
  #213
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Simmonds has turned into a monster in front of the net on the PP.
I think that's what the Kings are missing on the PP, we had Handzus do that a couple years ago and he did pretty well.

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
  #214
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Dont understand why Gagne was dealt. Salary dump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Partially, but mostly out of respect for the player. There wasn't room for him, he wasn't playing, and he didn't fit in to Sutter's system real well.
What he said.

Penner gets a lot of **** around here, but he can play Sutter's system much better than Gagne could. Gagne seemed to shy away from the "hard" areas of the ice since his return and if you aren't scoring, then you aren't playing for Sutter. Gagne will fit in great in Philly and will put up points in their system. Will it be enough in the playoffs? Who knows, I just hope Gagne helps Philly get there.

King will continue to play for Sutter because he plays in the "hard" areas. Same with Penner, but he is judged game-by-game and shift-by-shift, but when Penner is "on" he is tough to move off the puck and Penner wears down the defense.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  #215
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Well aware of when was traded thanks. Read my posts again. Maybe I should have said "his season only became viewed as down right awful after he was traded."

If stars told the whole story we wouldn't need scouts now would we. He did not have a superb season, but it was still a fairly decent year on a horrendous team. Then he was traded and everybody started commenting on how it was the worst year ever from a defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
He wasn't traded during the season. Who is revising history?

You want to know why Lubo was traded? Here are his stats the season before he signed his deal with one year remaining on his existing contract and then his stats after he signed the deal, but prior to the new contract and NTC kicking in.

2006-07 GP-69 G-18 A-40 Pts-58 PIMs-26 +/- +1
2007-08 GP-82 G-8 A-33 Pts-41 PIMs-34 +/- -18

Lubo was a turnover machine during the 2007-08 season.



Sorry, but it had everything to do with poor performance. Ask Dean or anyone else in the organization you can trust.

I remember Dean taking heat from some agents, but he made the right move for the organization. Visnovsky should thank him for giving him a contract that no team would have given him after the 2007-08 debacle.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
  #216
whskybarJM
Registered User
 
whskybarJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ca
Country: United States
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I'm happy for Gagne, but did anyone honestly believe he wouldn't have success in that pond hockey system they play in Philly? Listen, he's going to put up points there, let it go. He was never going to put-up a fraction of those points in this system, so wish him luck and move on. I hope Gagne carries them to the 8th seed before quickly bowing-out to a team that will grind that circus system down and out to the golf course.
.946%
conn smythe

thats the reason, relax a bit there chief.

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:39 AM
  #217
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,325
vCash: 500
I look Forward to another Pens/Philly abomination with 8-9 scores; nether side playing a lick of defense.

Then watch as both fan bases blame the teams Goalies.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:07 AM
  #218
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,502
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
Can someone summarize what was said?

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
  #219
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Wonder if Gagne walked into the Flyers dressing room with his Stanley Cup ring on.


Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
  #220
JureEe
Go Kings Go!
 
JureEe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sLOVEnija
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Can someone summarize what was said?
World Class act organization because we let him play on SC finals ant trade to Philly... didnt ask for trade, but he would if he will stay scratced.. he is happy in philly..

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
  #221
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Wonder if Gagne walked into the Flyers dressing room with his Stanley Cup ring on.

I just hope Carter and Richards taped a picture of them with their rings on his back as he was heading out the door.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
  #222
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings game plan every game is to grind the other team into a sticky paste. To do that you need big boys up front. The 3rd period of these last 2 games are what Kings' hockey is all about.
5-3 PP for a 1:30 doesn't hurt either.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM
  #223
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,502
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
World Class act organization because we let him play on SC finals ant trade to Philly... didnt ask for trade, but he would if he will stay scratced.. he is happy in philly..
Thank you man!

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
  #224
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
5-3 PP for a 1:30 doesn't hurt either.
Did the Red Wings not commit the penalties?

It happens to every team from time to time. The Kings wore the Red Wings down, that's the point.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
  #225
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Well aware of when was traded thanks. Read my posts again. Maybe I should have said "his season only became viewed as down right awful after he was traded."

If stars told the whole story we wouldn't need scouts now would we. He did not have a superb season, but it was still a fairly decent year on a horrendous team. Then he was traded and everybody started commenting on how it was the worst year ever from a defenseman.
This was a matter of opinion. There were a lot of folks starting to wonder if having him on a long term deal was a good idea after that season. Add to it Dean's commitment to a total re-build after that season and trading Lubo was the best option. I don't think there was anything malicious about it. Lubo put himself in a bad position with his poor play.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.