HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 01:15 AM
  #726
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
The SEL used to be a very good league
About 5 years ago it started dropping off quite a bit though
KHL & other European leagues are snatching up lots of talent nowadays
You are totally right in your statement - but I think you got lucky here because you are generalizing on something you did not really know about ...
But is still much better than the AHL, no?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:13 AM
  #727
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
But is still much better than the AHL, no?
I don't think it's MUCH better than the AHL, but it's surely a step or two above. A good AHL team would be competitive in the SEL, for example. And there are teams that struggle in the SEL that would also struggle in the AHL.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
  #728
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't think it's MUCH better than the AHL, but it's surely a step or two above. A good AHL team would be competitive in the SEL, for example. And there are teams that struggle in the SEL that would also struggle in the AHL.
Thanks.
From everything I read, Fasth is NHL ready. Maybe half a season in Hartford to get accustomed to smaller rinks.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
  #729
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: København/Skellefteå
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Lindberg just got his 40th point of the season.

Edit: Make that 41th.


Last edited by SurMartin: 02-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.
SurMartin is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:03 PM
  #730
rangers1024
Registered User
 
rangers1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Not sure how relevant it is, but Fasth and Lindberg are two of only 3 players under 24 in the top 20 scoring in the SEL. Of course unless I missed someone, but I don't think so.

rangers1024 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:28 PM
  #731
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 9,776
vCash: 500
Fast(h) also with an assist today. Now 20 pts in his last 20 games with a period to go.

Of interest is that the guy doing most of the damage against HV71 today appears to be some dude named J Hlavac...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:08 PM
  #732
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Fast(h) also with an assist today. Now 20 pts in his last 20 games with a period to go.

Of interest is that the guy doing most of the damage against HV71 today appears to be some dude named J Hlavac...
Bring him back! Czechmates reunion tour version 4,670!

Seriously, though, I can't wait for Fast(h) to get here. He's a lot of fun to watch. He seeks out the puck like a dog seeks out a bone, and once he has it, he seeks out the back of the net like a dog seeks out a good hiding sport for the bone. He's tenacious getting to the puck and trying to score.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
  #733
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,121
vCash: 500
Hlavac was always a really skilled guy, possibly the most skilled forward on those teams that relied on the "Czech mates", he just couldn't really get the space he needed in the NHL.

Levitate is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
  #734
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
The SEL used to be a very good league
About 5 years ago it started dropping off quite a bit though
KHL & other European leagues are snatching up lots of talent nowadays
You are totally right in your statement - but I think you got lucky here because you are generalizing on something you did not really know about ...
When I said "inferior" I meant to the NHL, not "sucky". I figured it was the 3rd or 4th best league in the world. The rest was just guesses and I didn't really frame them as anything else. So didn't get lucky.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:59 PM
  #735
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,710
vCash: 500
I think you can compare Fasth's shot to Stepans for example. It's not bad, but it's not bread and butter.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
  #736
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,710
vCash: 500
Oscar Lindberg scored a great goal tonight. Datsyuk like!

I've tried to bring back the expectations on him, and I don't regret it. With the risk of confusing things, from his brought back position -- he is improving basically every time you see him!


Last edited by Ola: 03-01-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Ola is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
  #737
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Thanks.
From everything I read, Fasth is NHL ready. Maybe half a season in Hartford to get accustomed to smaller rinks.
Maybe half a month in Hartford. I don't think he's less ready than Hagelin was last year.

Beacon is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
  #738
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Safe to say Fasth has leapfrogged both Kreider and Miller on prospect rankings? Dominating men's league.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  #739
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Safe to say Fasth has leapfrogged both Kreider and Miller on prospect rankings? Dominating men's league.
So did Zuccarello. Not saying they're even close to being the same player but let's calm down a bit on the Fasth hype.

TheRightWay is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:43 PM
  #740
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think you can compare Fasth's shot to Stepans for example. It's not bad, but it's not bread and butter.
Damn, that's upsetting. Stepan's shot isn't very good.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  #741
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
So did Zuccarello. Not saying they're even close to being the same player but let's calm down a bit on the Fasth hype.
This....zuccs lead SEL in points for the 09-10 season.

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
  #742
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Oscar Lindberg scored a great goal tonight. Datsyuk like!

I've tried to bring back the expectations on him, and I don't regret it. With the risk of confusing things, from his brought back position -- he is improving basically every time you see him!
Here is a question for you, if one of the 2 swedes is requested in a trade, which one would you keep?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  #743
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 9,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Here is a question for you, if one of the 2 swedes is requested in a trade, which one would you keep?
I know your question is directed at our Swedish posters and specifically Ola, but I would absolutely be shocked if anyone, including him, would answer Lindberg. There's no question that he is developing into a very intriguing player, but Fast(h) may be our most promising offensive prospect - potentially even including Kreider.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  #744
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
This....zuccs lead SEL in points for the 09-10 season.

Almost half a foot difference in height.

Beacon is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:09 PM
  #745
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I know your question is directed at our Swedish posters and specifically Ola, but I would absolutely be shocked if anyone, including him, would answer Lindberg. There's no question that he is developing into a very intriguing player, but Fast(h) may be our most promising offensive prospect - potentially even including Kreider.
The question is meant for anyone.
I am just curious what everyone thinks.
Can Fast play both wings or just RW?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:17 PM
  #746
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years
 
LeetchisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Why is Bickel playing? Torts is so clueless regarding this guy. wrong thread

LeetchisGod is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
  #747
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The question is meant for anyone.
I am just curious what everyone thinks.
Can Fast play both wings or just RW?
He can play both wings.

You move Lindberg over Fasth every day of the week. We need more upside guys. Fasth has the upside.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:30 PM
  #748
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He can play both wings.

You move Lindberg over Fasth every day of the week. We need more upside guys. Fasth has the upside.
do they go into the corners and in front of the net or are they like gaborik and dont go into the dirty areas

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:56 PM
  #749
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
do they go into the corners and in front of the net or are they like gaborik and dont go into the dirty areas
gaborik goes in front of the net a lot...

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
  #750
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
40 shots on goal and only scored 3... That can really hurt if Stamkos gets things going in these last 10 minutes.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.