HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 01:41 AM
  #301
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Please dont mention her... i think the collective (hockey interested) nation of Norway would rather want to forget about her
is she on twitter ?

someone should contact her and politely ask/tell her to not ruin his potential second shot..

on topic; I can't see what he has to loose coming over after the khl playoff..

Glennsoe is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
  #302
KingStian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
is she on twitter ?

someone should contact her and politely ask/tell her to not ruin his potential second shot..

on topic; I can't see what he has to loose coming over after the khl playoff..
I think it's pretty clear that he has something to loose coming back, If he get shipped back to the minors or have to sit in the press box. The type of contract will play a huge deal in the matter. I would be shocked if he comes back on a two-way deal. That's what he was offered last year and he still has a year left in Russia.

Coming back would also mean that he won't play in the World Championships if Rangers makes and are still in the playoffs. They would never let him go before being kocked out, even if he wasn't playing regulary at that point, nor should they. But I can't imagine missing the World Championship would stop him from coming back if he gets the playing time.

KingStian is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:41 AM
  #303
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
I think it's pretty clear that he has something to loose coming back, If he get shipped back to the minors or have to sit in the press box. The type of contract will play a huge deal in the matter. I would be shocked if he comes back on a two-way deal. That's what he was offered last year and he still has a year left in Russia.

Coming back would also mean that he won't play in the World Championships if Rangers makes and are still in the playoffs. They would never let him go before being kocked out, even if he wasn't playing regulary at that point, nor should they. But I can't imagine missing the World Championship would stop him from coming back if he gets the playing time.
I just hope that Norway can't stop him and that becomes a problem.

We know that Sweden had the power to stop Silfverberg from going to the NHL last season.

I would imagine however that getting Zucc into the NHL and giving him a chance to become a star here holds alot of value for Hockey Norway too.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:52 AM
  #304
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I just hope that Norway can't stop him and that becomes a problem.

We know that Sweden had the power to stop Silfverberg from going to the NHL last season.

I would imagine however that getting Zucc into the NHL and giving him a chance to become a star here holds alot of value for Hockey Norway too.
The Norwegian Hockey Federation won't do anything to stop him going over even if it means he'll be missing worlds. They can't do anything and even if they could, they wouldn't.

Unless some kind of loan deal can be made, what's going to stop him is that he will be unvilling to use his NHL out clause to sign a contract for a lot less money than he's making in Russia today. If he's giving up his contract with Magnitogorrsk he'll want to get paid.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:28 AM
  #305
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotTheMovie View Post
100% agree... thats why he should be with a rw who can be great everywhere like nash or cally.
You didn't really just compare MZA to Callahan and Nash, did you?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:32 AM
  #306
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I see what you did there. Lol
All this hoopla for Mats Zuccarello. How much money is Sather giving Zuccarello on a 1 way contract? $925,000 is the AHL threshold for next season. $900,000 this season. Zuccarello can easily find himself back in the AHL. Everyone is assuming Sather gives him a 1 way contract. The player should remain in the KHL. Sather isn't giving him big bucks. Is it a contract for the rest of this season? Its a 99 day season. Today is day 41. Zuccarello will be making peanuts for the next of this season. Risk of injury. Players don't paid in the playoffs.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:47 AM
  #307
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,975
vCash: 500
So now this team will be even softer when we bring this guy back. For the little extra offense he may generate we will get pushed around even more.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:48 AM
  #308
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You didn't really just compare MZA to Callahan and Nash, did you?
No. He said MZA should play with Nash or Callahan.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:55 AM
  #309
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
So now this team will be even softer when we bring this guy back. For the little extra offense he may generate we will get pushed around even more.
It's kind of relative. When you are already soft as clay, will becoming soft as butter really be a deal breaker?

Nothing to lose bringing him back. Zucc has a lot to lose, but a lot to gain if he sticks. I don't blame him if he isn't interested.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:01 AM
  #310
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,346
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
No. He said MZA should play with Nash or Callahan.
That's not what I read.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:11 AM
  #311
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's not what I read.
Then you misread it

"100% agree... thats why he should be with a rw who can be great everywhere like nash or cally.

haohmaru is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
  #312
Placid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 500
My biggest "issue" with MZA back on the Rangers is.. where the hell do you insert him ?

A healthy Rangers looks like what, something like this :

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
X - Stepan - Nash
X - Boyle - Callahan
X - X - X

Then in some of the X slots, you can insert :

Kreider
Miller
Pyatt

Then you have guys like Asham, Ferreiro, Halpern, Rupp, etc.

Can of course move stuff about (Torts loves doing that after all), like moving Nash, Gabby and Richards all on the top line, move Callahan up to the second, Hags down to the second, etc.. but still, where does one insert Zuke ? 4th line and PP / shootout specialist ? lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
All this hoopla for Mats Zuccarello. How much money is Sather giving Zuccarello on a 1 way contract?
Nobody knows, probably not even Sather, seeing that they've barely begun talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zuccarello can easily find himself back in the AHL. Everyone is assuming Sather gives him a 1 way contract.
Which is why MZA wants a 1 way contract. Sure, this does not insure him against being moved down, but it surely raises the bar considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The player should remain in the KHL. Sather isn't giving him big bucks. Is it a contract for the rest of this season? Its a 99 day season. Today is day 41. Zuccarello will be making peanuts for the next of this season. Risk of injury. Players don't paid in the playoffs.
Of course he wont get a "fat" contract, we all know that. Financially, the NHL cannot hope to compete with the KHL in pure monetary gains for a player. He has however, stated time and time again that it is in the NHL he wants to play, and that the team he wants to play on is the Rangers. He is far from a stupid kid, and would not expect a multimillion dollar contract (his contract in the KHL is worth near 2 million dollars a year AFTER tax). Unless you are part of the Rangers "gilded first line", you can forget about making anything like that. Which he full well knows, he is not driven by a financial gain motive

But he would certainly want a 1 way contract to somewhat ward himself from the AHL train

Placid is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:49 AM
  #313
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post

Then you have guys like Asham, Ferreiro, Halpern, Rupp, etc.
Traded.

I think Hellion's suggestion of Nash - Stepan - Zuccarello looks pretty fun offensively, but too weak defensively. Probably something along the lines of Zuccarello - Miller - Callahan could work out pretty nicely.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:49 AM
  #314
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,755
vCash: 500
I could see him sign for the rest of the season, then joining summer camp and take it from there...

if he fails to make the team, then I could see his european agent reaching out to khl clubs..

I'd put him with boyle and cally....but that's just me..

Glennsoe is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  #315
SlapshotTheMovie
Registered User
 
SlapshotTheMovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You didn't really just compare MZA to Callahan and Nash, did you?
no... if you read my previous post i said he is extremely limited and needs to be paired with a right wing who can excel everywhere such as nash or cally. If he gets put a line with other players struggling in all three zones that line will be even worse and play 5 minutes tops.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:10 AM
  #316
SouthJerseyRanger
Registered User
 
SouthJerseyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Depends upon how much of this...



...he brings with him from Russia. Definitely didn't bring enough with him from Sweden.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
  #317
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 50
Slats knows he wont sign anything but a one way deal, so if thats not on the table this meeting wouldnt even happen

Fun Fact: RoR and Mats played together in Metallurg when Ror was over there during the lock out. NY reunion?

Hellion is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
  #318
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,755
vCash: 500
From the trade section on this board..

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Newport Sports crew will indeed be in NY today. Group usually makes trip once or twice a year to visit NY clients ...(cont'd)

Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR This will likely cause some speculation re: Zuccarello, but don't forget Newport reps Ryan O'Reilly also.

Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Entirely conceivable both players come up in discussions today should the crew meet with GM Glen Sather and Rangers brass

Glennsoe is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #319
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 500
i dont understand why this guy is so disliked around here and treated like crap. he was on pace for ~40 points his first season here. (23 points in 42 games) and he got sent down 10 games into last season but the whole team was trash at the begininng of last season. i don't see why he cant be given another shot. but knowing torts he'll have 2 and a half games to prove himself on the third line.

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
  #320
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
not really buying into the whole zucc hooplah, even if he does come back to play here torts wont utilize him like he should be, and his offensive creativity isnt welcome on this team/ doesnt fit the system. excited to see what lindberg and fasth can do in the ahl after their seasons end and they hopefully come over, really think lindberg can be a good player, fits the system real well.

SwedishBullet62 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
  #321
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
My biggest "issue" with MZA back on the Rangers is.. where the hell do you insert him ?

A healthy Rangers looks like what, something like this :

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
X - Stepan - Nash
X - Boyle - Callahan
X - X - X

Then in some of the X slots, you can insert :

Kreider
Miller
Pyatt

Then you have guys like Asham, Ferreiro, Halpern, Rupp, etc.
It's not that hard. Put him on the 2nd line, Miller on the third line, Kreider to Hartford, Pyatt on the fourth line with Halpern and Powe. Fire Boyle into the sun and shuffle things around if necessary.

If he brought effective offense he'd get a place

Levitate is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
  #322
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
not really buying into the whole zucc hooplah, even if he does come back to play here torts wont utilize him like he should be, and his offensive creativity isnt welcome on this team/ doesnt fit the system. excited to see what lindberg and fasth can do in the ahl after their seasons end and they hopefully come over, really think lindberg can be a good player, fits the system real well.
He looked great before he got hurt. Put him with Boyle and Callahan and he will be fine. He may not be a grinder but his speed and elusiveness really would compliment this team well. And he would help the PP A LOT.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
  #323
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
i dont understand why this guy is so disliked around here and treated like crap. he was on pace for ~40 points his first season here. (23 points in 42 games) and he got sent down 10 games into last season but the whole team was trash at the begininng of last season. i don't see why he cant be given another shot. but knowing torts he'll have 2 and a half games to prove himself on the third line.
He was sent down after the first 3 i though (Sent to CT after the loss to NYI).
3 losses where the whole team looked like crap. Got 10 games total i believe

Hellion is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
  #324
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's not what I read.
You read it completely wrong.

schabadoo is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
  #325
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Please dont mention her... i think the collective (hockey interested) nation of Norway would rather want to forget about her
Spot on mate

Old Norse Hockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.