HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Ethan Moreau works for the Habs? WOW.

I'm loving that the Canadiens have a bunch of recently retired experienced players as scouts.
Kinda awesome that we have alot of well known players in our organization. Speaks volumes of Bergevins contacts.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Assuming Perry isn't signed by the deadline. I'm thinking we offer the Hossa-esque package with Eller as the centerpiece. Yeah, it would suck to lose him but Anaheim has long coveted a center and I'm guessing they insist his inclusion.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Perry
Gallagher - Plekanec - Ryder
Prust - Desharnais - Gionta
Moen - White - Armstrong

It would be glorious
Wowsa, Dat 1st line!

Old
02-27-2013, 10:24 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just for fun...

What's in those teams that you would be interested in and what kind of trade would you do?
Maybe the Wings want Kaberle and Bergen US not sure who to ask for.

How about Kaberle+Moen for Abdelkader, Ouellette, and a 2nd rounder?

Last edited by DAChampion: 02-27-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah, weber and leblanc, they sure are eating up some salary
was answering about bourque trade in bold ... darn some read the way they see their ass ...

Old
02-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Nitehowl

Trade Ideas

I ws going over other rosters and came up with a few players MB might look at>>>
Dubinsky
Peckham
Stallberg

any yah or nay on each.dont think would cost too much

Old
02-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Habitant#1

Kaberle for Komisarek anyone?

Almost identical contracts, both scratched regularly and both were at their best on their original teams. What has either side got to lose?

Old
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post

Almost identical contracts, both scratched regularly and both were at their best on their original teams. What has either side got to lose?
It would be worth a try really.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I ws going over other rosters and came up with a few players MB might look at>>>
Dubinsky
Peckham
Stallberg

any yah or nay on each.dont think would cost too much
I don't see us trading for Peckham he is terrible with or without the puck. Would be #9 right now.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Kaberle still seems like an insurance policy in case you know who gets you know what

Old
02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
not a fan (hockey wise) but you never know if Komi returns to playing effectively on Markov's right side. And it would be fairly harmless as Kaberle/Komisuckass could be bought out this summer without any hit.

Quote:
I don't see us trading for Peckham he is terrible with or without the puck. Would be #9 right now.
At this point, I'd rather call up Tinordi if we needed someone to play that role. Better that that move anything of value to get a trade done.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:26 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Habs are first in the East... they got a lot to lose if it screws up chemistry.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:57 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just for fun...

What's in those teams that you would be interested in and what kind of trade would you do?
Both of those teams are thin on defense after injuries... I would say Weber and Kaberle would be candidates with mid to late round picks coming back. I can't see anything better than that in return unless one of them had a young center with modest potential for the future. We seem to be a little thin on the organization depth chart there at the moment.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Habtchum*

[QUOTE=MTL-rules;60646049]Habs are first in the East... they got a lot to lose if it screws up chemistry.[/QUOTE]

They tested that chemistry a lot this week with the Cole for Ryder trade. And they played great yesterday night.

I am not sure though that Komi would be accepted with open arms in the Habs dressing room. The guy is really not NHL quality anymore.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:11 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Kaberle still seems like an insurance policy in case you know who gets you know what
This. Kaberle might be soft as custard on defense, but he still moves the puck around really well and gives us a PP QB if we just happen to need one. The other idiot in Toronto? No thanks. He made his mistake, Burke made his and we were saved from a bad one.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
RoR has never scored 20 goals at any level and he's asking for big money, his value can't be as high as some are suggesting.

Rumour guy Hockey Insider has recently tweeted MB is heavily pursuing RoR and is also lookin to get Erik Johson involved in a larger deal. He has suggested the asking price would be something along the lines of Diaz + Leblanc + roster player and a 1st round pick going the other way.
With Calgary looking to have the inside lane on ROR,maybe the Erik Johnson deal is promising now that he's resumed skating as of yesterday.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Picaroon

I really , really feel like MB is going for Perry hard. Especially after that Cole trade. It'd be awesome if he could unload Gionta too. Retain say, 40% of his salary. Maybe use him with Eller, Leblanc/Beaulieu and a conditional pick for Perry at the deadline. I think that's a pretty solid package. I'd only do it if he promised to resign though obviously.
If we signed him to 7mil and bought out Kaberle we'd still have a boat load to fill out our roster. I'd take a look at Clowe. If you can get him at 4-4.5 I'd take a shot. Otherwise no. Also, I'd offer Jagr a one year deal at his 4.55 salary now or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd love to play with Pleks on a sure fire playoff team in his final years. I know it sounds kinda nuts, but we actually have the space... Imagine this:

Pacioretty------Desharnais--------Perry
Bourque--------Plekanec----------Jagr
Clowe-----------Galchenyuk-------Gallagher
Moen------------White--------------Prust

Markov------Subban
Tinordi-------Gorges
Emelin-------Diaz
Boullion

That's a cup contending lineup in my opinion. I gave each player a generous contract on cap geek and it worked out. Plus about 1m to sign/call up a 13th forward.
Obviously this is a pipe dream thing but it's fun to pretend. That lineup would wreak havoc. Big and skilled through an through.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
I really , really feel like MB is going for Perry hard. Especially after that Cole trade. It'd be awesome if he could unload Gionta too. Retain say, 40% of his salary. Maybe use him with Eller, Leblanc/Beaulieu and a conditional pick for Perry at the deadline. I think that's a pretty solid package. I'd only do it if he promised to resign though obviously.
If we signed him to 7mil and bought out Kaberle we'd still have a boat load to fill out our roster. I'd take a look at Clowe. If you can get him at 4-4.5 I'd take a shot. Otherwise no. Also, I'd offer Jagr a one year deal at his 4.55 salary now or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd love to play with Pleks on a sure fire playoff team in his final years. I know it sounds kinda nuts, but we actually have the space... Imagine this:

Pacioretty------Desharnais--------Perry
Bourque--------Plekanec----------Jagr
Clowe-----------Galchenyuk-------Gallagher
Moen------------White--------------Prust

Markov------Subban
Tinordi-------Gorges
Emelin-------Diaz
Boullion

That's a cup contending lineup in my opinion. I gave each player a generous contract on cap geek and it worked out. Plus about 1m to sign/call up a 13th forward.
Obviously this is a pipe dream thing but it's fun to pretend. That lineup would wreak havoc. Big and skilled through an through.
jesus..that does look nice.....and for one year..yah...we could do it.........that`s how you win....you get a window where your future and present stars are in their early contracts so u can take advantage of cap space to put towards veterans....a good gm creates these windows by addition through subtraction...erik cole to dallas being example number 1. Me like this....me like it alot

Old
03-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
jesus..that does look nice.....and for one year..yah...we could do it.........that`s how you win....you get a window where your future and present stars are in their early contracts so u can take advantage of cap space to put towards veterans....a good gm creates these windows by addition through subtraction...erik cole to dallas being example number 1. Me like this....me like it alot
And with Markov's and theoretically Jagr's contract ending in 13-14, there would be lots of space to resign and start a youth movement with a few of our prospects while keeping our top line in tact. The option is also there to trade one of Plek, DD or Bourque, Clowe as well if things got tight. There might be a bit of a mediocre year after 13-14 but there should be some good prospects in the pipeline as well as some young guy who've developed like Galch and Gally. Pretty likely those guys are capable of 2nd line mins by 14-15 and then it's just a matter of putting together a new 3rd line.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
habsrock76

According to Twitter the habs put a waiver claim in on Tom Sestito but barely lost out to Vancouver.

I guess Bergy has some interest in a goon after all.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:42 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
According to Twitter the habs put a waiver claim in on Tom Sestito but barely lost out to Vancouver.

I guess Bergy has some interest in a goon after all.
Which is fine as a waiver pick up. Sestito was a good gamble too since he skates well for a big man.

People wanting to trade Lars Eller for John Scott is not.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Which is fine as a waiver pick up. Sestito was a good gamble too since he skates well for a big man.

People wanting to trade Lars Eller for John Scott is not.
If Diaz and Bourque were not hurt I doubt they would ahve put in a claim due to roster limitations.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
BobbyFischer*

Would you guys do:

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenyuk

To Montreal: Canadian boy Morgan Reilly, 1st round draft pick 2013.

?

Old
03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Brewju

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

?
Not a chance.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:04 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

?
Nah.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

I can't stand Kaberle, I mean really can't and I wouldn't even deal him for Komi. Both are useless but IMO Komisarek is even more and nothing but a punching bag

Closed Thread