HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
  #876
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
We are tied with 4 other teams with only 2 wins on the road. Surprise? No.
We have played 8 games on the road and yet have to score a PP goal.
Quicky leads the team in +/- with +11 and is tied for the 5th in the league among Dmen in +/-.
Kindl is tied 2nd on the team in +/- with +9, tied with Datsyuk.
It's early in the season...but the SJ game is a big game. The Wings can't afford to blow this road trip. They need to start showing they can win tough games on the road.
Losing today was tough, because it's not going to be easy to win the second-half of a back-to-back, not only on the road, but on the west coast

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:36 AM
  #877
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Cleary was called on that same play during our first game this year, I think. I had heard the talk up to that point about playing the puck with your hand off the face-off and I assumed, like you, that they were talking about taking your hand off the stick and playing it and I thought it sounded reasonable. When Cleary played it while still holding his stick (if you know what I mean) and got called for it.... well now I think that's BS.
I saw Dastyuk complaining about the call. Then I heard about the rule, which was new to me, then I saw the replay and I understood what Datsyuk meant. I am not sure that was the right call.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:42 AM
  #878
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
It's early in the season...but the SJ game is a big game. The Wings can't afford to blow this road trip. They need to start showing they can win tough games on the road.
Losing today was tough, because it's not going to be easy to win the second-half of a back-to-back, not only on the road, but on the west coast
We have played tons home game and now we have to play road games. We were not good on the road last year, nor have we been good on the road this season so far.
Babcock has to figure out how to win road games.

I am really pissed off and disappointed Babcock doesn't see he has to give a shot with Tatar play on Dastyuk's wing. The big problem with the Abby-D-Cleary line is that those 2 do not know how to get open and then Datsyuk can't pass the puck to them. If Babcock thinks they are good on the boards, fine, but Datsyuk has to pass the puck to someone. It is too easy for opponents to key on on Dastsyk.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:46 AM
  #879
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Officiating was bad but think about this;

You aren't going anywhere when Cleary and Abdlekader are Datsyuk's linemates. Just imagine how Datsyuk must feel that he has to pass to them knowing they will inevitably cough up the puck. If Holland and Babcock want Datsyuk to continue to play in Detroit they have to step back and realign their priorities. How can Datsyuk justify staying here when he has to play with guys on his line that would barely crack .5 ppg in the AHL?

It may be time to consider looking at a new coach when Babcock's contract is up. He is as good as any but it might be time for a breath of fresh air.

If you care to go back and search I said Tatar and Nyquist on Datsyuk's line would be very appealing to see. I don't care if it'd be a small line, at least Datsyuk would know they aren't going to turn the puck over every time he passes it to them and they can create offense themselves.

*edit* I know Datsyuk has stated that he likes playing with bigger players but Bertuzzi isn't coming back and Franzen is about as useful as a diet for Honey Boo Boo


Last edited by TatarTangle: 02-28-2013 at 02:09 AM.
TatarTangle is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:51 AM
  #880
aar000n
Registered User
 
aar000n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Officiating was bad but think about this;

You aren't going anywhere when Cleary and Abdlekader are Datsyuk's linemates. Just imagine how Datsyuk must feel that he has to pass to them knowing they will inevitably cough up the puck. If Holland and Babcock want Datsyuk to continue to play in Detroit they have to step back and realign their priorities. How can Datsyuk justify staying here when he has to play with guys on his line that would barely crack .5 ppg in the AHL?

It may be time to consider looking at a new coach when Babcock's contract is up. He is as good as any but it might be time for a breath of fresh air.

If you care to go back and search I said Tatar and Nyquist on Datsyuk's line would be very appealing to see. I don't care if it'd be a small line, at least Datsyuk would know they aren't going to turn the puck over every time he passes it to them and they can create offense themselves.
at one point quincy was on the ice with dats. Cleary and Abdlekader and quincy talk about being surrounded by fail.

aar000n is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:56 AM
  #881
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Did anyone miss Ian White? I'm indifferent, don't think it really mattered. 1st round draft pick would be nice though. Maybe a 2nd, that is probably realistic.

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 01:57 AM
  #882
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar000n View Post
at one point quincy was on the ice with dats. Cleary and Abdlekader and quincy talk about being surrounded by fail.
Hey now, don't be making fun of the lone goal scorer

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:08 AM
  #883
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
We have played tons home game and now we have to play road games. We were not good on the road last year, nor have we been good on the road this season so far.
Babcock has to figure out how to win road games.

I am really pissed off and disappointed Babcock doesn't see he has to give a shot with Tatar play on Dastyuk's wing. The big problem with the Abby-D-Cleary line is that those 2 do not know how to get open and then Datsyuk can't pass the puck to them. If Babcock thinks they are good on the boards, fine, but Datsyuk has to pass the puck to someone. It is too easy for opponents to key on on Dastsyk.
The truth is, they suck on the boards. They're useful as grinders because they make defense work. They battle. But the problem is THEY LOSE BATTLES too often.

They go into the get the puck, they don't come out with the puck. It's frustrating.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:24 AM
  #884
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
The truth is, they suck on the boards. They're useful as grinders because they make defense work. They battle. But the problem is THEY LOSE BATTLES too often.

They go into the get the puck, they don't come out with the puck. It's frustrating.
What will it take for Babcock to play Tatar on Datsyuk's wing? We've been calling for that for many games now. It is overdue.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
  #885
silkyjohnson50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
What will it take for Babcock to play Tatar on Datsyuk's wing? We've been calling for that for many games now. It is overdue.
Like I stated earlier, when Cleary missed a shift getting his cut cleaned, it was Eaves that took his place.

When asked about Tatar after the Nashville or Vancouver game, Babcock made comments like "he's got to get stronger on his stick" and "learn to play without the puck."

Those types of comments alone should say it all. He doesn't trust him, which is frustrating because the kid is clearly one of the better forwards out there the past 2 weeks.

silkyjohnson50 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
  #886
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Like I stated earlier, when Cleary missed a shift getting his cut cleaned, it was Eaves that took his place.

When asked about Tatar after the Nashville or Vancouver game, Babcock made comments like "he's got to get stronger on his stick" and "learn to play without the puck."

Those types of comments alone should say it all. He doesn't trust him, which is frustrating because the kid is clearly one of the better forwards out there the past 2 weeks.
There were 2 plays I noticed in the 2nd period where the Kings were pushing and we were on our heels and needed badly to turn the tide.
1 was a great play by Dastyuk to get the puck in the offesnive zone and
2 was by Tatar to do the same.

We simply need/needed to turn the momentum and the players who I would turn to would be Dastyuk and Tatar on the same line. Babcock has to play Tatar on Dastyuk's wing, otherwise we will keep losing games.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:18 AM
  #887
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Lame. Datsyuk with an unusually bad game. We need to get Cleary and Abdelkader off his line, stat.
Ummm may be you need to upgrade to high-def video? Datsyuk does not have a bad game.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:42 AM
  #888
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalWulf View Post
The hit abby made, the kings player turned and put his back to the hit.
Then Abdelkader makes the mistake of cuddling the man's back, to hold him and apologize. Classy but damn man get into the play and act like nothing happened, it may not even be a penalty.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:53 AM
  #889
silkyjohnson50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
Ummm may be you need to upgrade to high-def video? Datsyuk does not have a bad game.
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.

silkyjohnson50 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:10 AM
  #890
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.
We are definitely all on the same page there and with this much collective intention we might see a change. I think even casual hockey fans cringe in embarrassment at that line. But Dats as the personality he is probably likes the challenge or humor in it all. It doesn't effect his effort.

At some point each season I reinitiate myself as a Datsyuk devotee. To me night in and out he is tight now the best player on the ice. Every shift, every touch of the puck. The strength, stickhandling, did I mention raw STRENGTH! is the highest. Kopitar I will give 2nd star this game, he made some nice plays to stay with Datsyuk.

My point is he is the LAST person that needs criticism.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 06:55 AM
  #891
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
We are definitely all on the same page there and with this much collective intention we might see a change. I think even casual hockey fans cringe in embarrassment at that line. But Dats as the personality he is probably likes the challenge or humor in it all. It doesn't effect his effort.

At some point each season I reinitiate myself as a Datsyuk devotee. To me night in and out he is tight now the best player on the ice. Every shift, every touch of the puck. The strength, stickhandling, did I mention raw STRENGTH! is the highest. Kopitar I will give 2nd star this game, he made some nice plays to stay with Datsyuk.

My point is he is the LAST person that needs criticism.
It seems to me that the most posters here on this board are so eager to see what Tatar can do on Dastyuk's wing. It has been several games we've been calling to see it. Babcock is so strange.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
  #892
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,789
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.
Yeah, as one example, he made an incrediable pass to Brunner 4 second before the end, but Brunner missed to hit the god damn puck.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:26 AM
  #893
JPE123
Registered User
 
JPE123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Cleary and Abby have no idea how to get open for a feed from Pavs. If they do happen by chance to be open they can't handle his passes. It's really frustrating to watch. Pavs needs a skilled player to work with and a big body garbageman to knock in rebounds. He has neither

JPE123 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:30 AM
  #894
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Positive
No player other than Ericsson were real bad.
We were good at 3 on 5 or should I say we were not so bad.
Team defence was not bad
Howard was fine, a bit leaky on their 1st goal
Negative
We lost the special units battle again. Will this improve?
We did not score goals, one flukey goal will not win many games
Forechecking was not good and we struggled with their forecheck
Where was Z? Did not notice him.
Our PP sucks

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
  #895
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,789
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
Cleary and Abby have no idea how to get open for a feed from Pavs. If they do happen by chance to be open they can't handle his passes. It's really frustrating to watch. Pavs needs a skilled player to work with and a big body garbageman to knock in rebounds. He has neither
Sounds like Nyquist and Bertuzzi.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
  #896
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,789
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Our PP sucks
Yeah, on the road.

PP+PK at home = 24.6% + 83.7% = 108.3%.
PP+PK on the road = 0.0% + 67.6% = 67.6%. (league worst sum)

Like we are at TOP6 with 5-on-5 goals, but these special teams are causing all the losses on the road. Othervise we are surprisingly good.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  #897
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yeah, on the road.

PP+PK at home = 24.6% + 83.7% = 108.3%.
PP+PK on the road = 0.0% + 67.6% = 67.6%. (league worst sum)

Like we are at TOP6 with 5-on-5 goals, but these special teams are causing all the losses on the road. Othervise we are surprisingly good.
Then Babcock is happy, he cares most for 5 on 5.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:05 AM
  #898
JPE123
Registered User
 
JPE123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Sounds like Nyquist and Bertuzzi.

Would be a big improvement

JPE123 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:31 AM
  #899
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
We dominated the game but couldn't score more than once and it was a fluke goal. :


Lashoff got caught daydreaming on Kopitar's GW. I was screaming at my TV.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
  #900
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,789
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
We dominated the game but couldn't score more than once and it was a fluke goal. :


Lashoff got caught daydreaming on Kopitar's GW. I was screaming at my TV.
Kopitar should have been put on the penalty box about that cross-check against Ericsson right before that GWG.

Henkka is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.