HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers-Oilers

Old
02-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So what would Hemsky be worth to you?
Honestly, not much. His scoring days are behind him. The last time he's scored 50 points was 4 or 5 years ago. Until he can show that his injuries are a thing of the past, he's not worth much

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Vanqu1sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
The Oilers score and the Flyers score. We both need to improve our defensive ability. Two teams, same strengths, same needs. It's going to be very difficult tog et a deal done that can help both teams. That's the issue here in the broadest sense. Just my take on it.
From the oilers perspective, couturier fills what is probably our biggest need. Our 1st is very valuable and petry addresses a need for Philly. He also creates a hole on our roster but it's well worth it for us.

I don't completely disagree with your statement, but I don't believe it reflects this proposal.

Vanqu1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:55 AM
vespa99

Im amused by the fact that every trade proposal with Phili is met with protests of how the Phili player is fantastic and going no where, yet the Flyers are still no good. How does that work?

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanqu1sh View Post
From the oilers perspective, couturier fills what is probably our biggest need. Our 1st is very valuable and petry addresses a need for Philly. He also creates a hole on our roster but it's well worth it for us.

I don't completely disagree with your statement, but I don't believe it reflects this proposal.
Petry + 1st for couturier leaves us with a hole at the 3rd C spot and makes us a ton weaker on the PK and team defense. That's a bigger hole than the 1st is going to fill

Old
02-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
Im amused by the fact that every trade proposal with Phili is met with protests of how the Phili player is fantastic and going no where, yet the Flyers are still no good. How does that work?
Injuries.

We've had Briere, Hartnell, Read, Meszaros, and a few others go down.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:01 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Injuries.

We've had Briere, Hartnell, Read, Meszaros, and a few others go down.
Ahhhh. that will do it.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:05 AM
Vanqu1sh

Quote:
I don't think Petry + 1st is the same value that Pittsburgh got for staal.

Penguins got :

Brandon Sutter. Better defensively than Staal and perfect for the 3rd line center spot
Brian Dumoulin. Future top 4 d man
8th overall (Derrick Pouliot) Potential top pairing D man though they could have gotten Trouba or Forsberg and gotten better value for the pick

You're offering :
Petry - Probably not slotting into our top 4 until Meszaros is moved
1st (Currently 7th now. +/-2 brings it to 5th to 9th) As of the players expected to go there, only Zadorov, Nurse, and Nichushkin really interest me and none are going to slot in for a few years time.
I don't see how dumoulin has more value than petry.
The picks should be looked at as 8 vs 4-10 in a deeper draft. not the players selected.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Vanqu1sh

Quote:
Petry + 1st for couturier leaves us with a hole at the 3rd C spot and makes us a ton weaker on the PK and team defense. That's a bigger hole than the 1st is going to fill
Sounds like we should add horcoff .

Old
02-28-2013, 04:27 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanqu1sh View Post
I don't see how dumoulin has more value than petry.
The picks should be looked at as 8 vs 4-10 in a deeper draft. not the players selected.
I'm not saying he has more value than him, but Doumolin + Pouliot? Yeah, I'd say so

Old
02-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Vanqu1sh

Quote:
I'm not saying he has more value than him, but Doumolin + Pouliot? Yeah, I'd say so
Yes of course. Im just looking at it from flyers perspective and the deal makes sense to me. Jones MacKinnon barkov nichuskin drouin lindholm all in talk for top 5 right now makes a player like Monahan at 7 a possibility. You draft Monahan you have your replacement for couts right there. You go back in time by 2 years development wise but you gain petry in the process and no big contracts, and Monahan can most likely play and contribute a bit right away. Oilers add another something relatively useful to the deal and you don't get worse for this year and better in future.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:46 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
To Flyers:

Sam Gagner
2013 1st round pick

To Oilers

The Schenns

Willing to throw in Whitney for some philly cheesesteak sandwiches

What do you guys think? Good value? Who would need to add?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
Oilers need to add A LOT

as an oiler fan I gotta agree there.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:46 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Really, this is a brought up in an Edmonton thread?

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:59 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
The Oilers score and the Flyers score. We both need to improve our defensive ability. Two teams, same strengths, same needs. It's going to be very difficult tog et a deal done that can help both teams. That's the issue here in the broadest sense. Just my take on it.
Actually the Oilers don't score, at least not right now. And their GA has been quite good.

Edmonton 18gp 42GF 49GA

Philadelphia 22gp 64GF 67GA

From the Oilers perspective Philadelphia makes great sense as you have an excess of things the Oilers need.

I will let Flyer fans comment on the flip side of this equation.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:19 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So what would Hemsky be worth to you?
Actually nothing.
We don't need him at all. With Gagne back we are set at forward.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Briere - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Fedetenko

Tell me where Hemsky would fit?
Numberswise, he also fell off the map quite a bit the last two seasons.

If anything, I'd try to buy low on Paarjavi just for the sake of trying to get him. Certainly not because of a need.

Last edited by dookie88: 02-28-2013 at 05:26 AM.
dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
To Flyers:

Sam Gagner
2013 1st round pick

To Oilers

The Schenns

Thanks but the Flyers pass. Did you see the game last night? The Schenns are a big part of the Flyer's future. Luke was a beast last night and he and Braydon have been playing very well and should be here for many years to come.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:46 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
To Flyers:

Sam Gagner
2013 1st round pick

To Oilers

The Schenns

I just can't see how this helps the Flyers. Unless that pick is a top 2, which it very well may not be if the Oilers add those two, it weakens the Flyers and sets them back a few years. It would still have that effect, but with a greater payoff down the road if MacKinnon or Jones came back the other way, obviously.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:49 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
its not. Couts was a non starter for Shea Weber. So was schenn.
Can people please stop saying this? There's a difference between not wanting to trade Couturier + B. Schenn ++ for Weber and refusing to trade Couturier or B. Schenn for Weber. If Holmgren did the latter he should be fired.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:53 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Actually the Oilers don't score, at least not right now. And their GA has been quite good.

Edmonton 18gp 42GF 49GA

Philadelphia 22gp 64GF 67GA

From the Oilers perspective Philadelphia makes great sense as you have an excess of things the Oilers need.

I will let Flyer fans comment on the flip side of this equation.
This is very true.

How about Eberle+Petry for Couturier+Grossman? I would think that has to be considered close to fair value.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:20 AM
UKFlyers

Quote:
So, presumably RNH, Eberle, Yak, Schultz and Hall are all on the market? They're all super talented guys, yet the Oilers are still no good. How does that work?

Make a decent proposal for a player who isn't such a valuable asset. There's a thread in this forum where Flyer fans are more than happy to give up Briere, for example. The Flyers aren't great, but some of the trades being proposed here would make the team significantly worse

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:30 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
To Flyers:

Sam Gagner
2013 1st round pick

To Oilers

The Schenns

I get that Gagner has started off hot this season but really, he's never cracked 50 points in what, 5 seasons? I know he's still young but I see him topping out at a 20 goal, 50-60 point player. Schenn is also off to a hot start too and he seems more of a 30 goal 65-70 point a year guy. He also plays a more physical game which is a plus.

Luke Schenn has been the Flyers best defenseman. He's been a rock and he makes players think twice about going into a corner when he's coming in behind them. He literally man handles guys every single game. We have some big strong defenseman in Coburn and Grossmann but Schenn is something the Flyers havent has on the back end in a long time as far as physical play.

If you added both Schenns you would clearly be improving your team and the Flyers would be looking at somewhere around the 7th or 8th pick which just isnt worth it for a team that already has pieces in place. If the Oilers fall and get the #2 pick the Flyers would take that trade in the offseason, just not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
How about Eberle+Petry for Couturier+Grossman? I would think that has to be considered close to fair value.
This seems like pretty fair value. Doesnt mean they would do it because I think they want to hold on to Couturier but it's at least good value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Can people please stop saying this? There's a difference between not wanting to trade Couturier + B. Schenn ++ for Weber and refusing to trade Couturier or B. Schenn for Weber. If Holmgren did the latter he should be fired.
Not to mention the fact that Weber was a RFA with no contract. They werent going to give up their best 2 prospects for a guy they could just throw an offer sheet at. They took a gamble and threw as much front loaded money at him as possible and hoped Nashville wouldnt match. It didn't work out in the end but they weren't going to give up the farm for a guy they thought they might be able to get steal.

Last edited by StoneHands: 02-28-2013 at 08:38 AM.
StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Eric Belanger added to the deal and well take a bad contract.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
This is very true.

Couturier was underrated in this thread until this point. Petry and Grossman are close in terms of value while Eberle, believe it or not is worth quite a bit more than Couturier.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Lessy

Gagner and the EDM 1st for the Schenn's is at least in the ballpark value-wise. I can see why the Flyers don't do it because it makes them a worse team right now but Gagner has slightly more value than Luke while I'd take Brayden over the 6-10 pick but it's not overly lopsided.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:37 AM

One thing I evidently underestimated was the power of the future trade proposals. It was bad enough for each Schenn (as LA and Toronto fans will attest to) but nobody could have predicted the sheer terribleness of both of them at the same team.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

The Oilers would have to add more for this to happen, but the Oilers will not be trading their 2013 1st away and the Flyers like the Schenns, not going to happen.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote