HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Conference Discussion (Realignment Approved, Detroit and Columbus Leaving)

Old
02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Pacific Division
Anaheim
Calgary
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver
Mid-West Division
Chicago
Colorado
Dallas
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg
Central Division
Boston
Buffalo
Detroit
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Atlantic Division
Carolina
Columbus
New Jersey
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

These names are so bad. Why not East-Atlantic-Central-West/Pacific? Central is the one with teams in Boston and Florida? Mid-West has teams in Texas, Colorado, Tennessee, and Manitoba. So incredibly stupid. Central Time Zone = CENTRAL

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
EAST

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres

Atlantic Division
Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils

Southeast Division
Washington Capitals
Nashville Predators
Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning
Florida Panthers

WEST

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Dallas Stars
St Louis Blues
Columbus Blue Jackets

Northwest Division
Winnipeg Jets
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Minnesota Wild
Colorado Avalanche

Pacific Division
Vancouver Canucks
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
Phoenix Coyotes/Seattle

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
EAST

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres

Atlantic Division
Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils

Southeast Division
Washington Capitals
Nashville Predators
Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning
Florida Panthers

WEST

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Dallas Stars
St Louis Blues
Columbus Blue Jackets

Northwest Division
Winnipeg Jets
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Minnesota Wild
Colorado Avalanche

Pacific Division
Vancouver Canucks
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
Phoenix Coyotes/Seattle
Do you not understand what the purpose of realignment is?

Old
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Heyoooo*

Yes I do, and I fail to see how it has anything to do with my post.

Thats how it should be.

**** Detroit. **** Columbus.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
vegasvic

Side effect: NBC will almost certainly devote most if not all of its schedule to Eastern teams (given the dearth of ratings potential in the West outside of Chicago).

Silver lining: Pat Foley all the time!

vegasvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
My question is whats going to happen when Phoenix gets relocated?
If they do, then they probably won't relocate to anywhere in the eastern timezone. That part of the market is pretty well saturated as it is, and there are much more viable markets, like Seattle and Portland, that would love to have an NHL franchise.

Redwings 1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

As a Redwings fan, I hope this happens. I am tired of all of those trips to the west coast, and having to play teams like Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix so much in the playoffs. I hate to think of how many trips to the SCF that those grueling trips back and forth have cost us.

Losing Chicago as a rival would be the only downside, but less travel and rekindling a much more historically significant rivalry with Toronto would more than make up for the loss.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings 1926 View Post
As a Redwings fan, I hope this happens. I am tired of all of those trips to the west coast, and having to play teams like Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix so much in the playoffs. I hate to think of how many trips to the SCF that those grueling trips back and forth have cost us.

Losing Chicago as a rival would be the only downside, but less travel and rekindling a much more historically significant rivalry with Toronto would more than make up for the loss.
Not one of this trips cost the Wings any SC Finals...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
This is incredibly stupid to be doing 2 conferences if it's going to be 16-14. The hell are they thinking? Man, this league gets dumber everyday.
could not agree more. seems like they are going to totally botch this

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

As always, East rules F the west. So all the East teams never has to leave a time zone but and the Atlantic Division has to travel 3 miles on their furthest trip.

Instead of playing kiss the easts ### how about using math and finding divisions that are fair for everyone, where every team has to travel about the same and every team has to travel inbetween time zones? Oh that would require and IQ and the NHL has proven they don't have one.

Best of all this whole play gets blown to hell when Phoenix goes back to Quebec.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
As always, East rules F the west. So all the East teams never has to leave a time zone but and the Atlantic Division has to travel 3 miles on their furthest trip.

Instead of playing kiss the easts ### how about using math and finding divisions that are fair for everyone, where every team has to travel about the same and every team has to travel inbetween time zones? Oh that would require and IQ and the NHL has proven they don't have one.

Best of all this whole play gets blown to hell when Phoenix goes back to Quebec.
just for my understanding, like having the ATL Falcons and SF 49ers in the same conference?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
just for my understanding, like having the ATL Falcons and SF 49ers in the same conference?
The Braves where in the west too for many years, didn't hear them crying about it. Sick and tired of Det. crying like girls about it, west teams travel more and have to travel though time zones, boo hoo.

Now their fans are claiming it cost them Cups. PLEASE! The teams had to travel to Detroit too, to use that as an excuse for losing is about as pathetic as it gets.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:54 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Most whiny organization and fan base in sports. Some people here seem to not hate them because 'the games don't feel as intense' or 'the Hawks haven't been good so it's died'.

Well people like this are a big part of why I will always hate that ****-ing team. Buncha God damn crybabies.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:57 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Works in football and baseball. Just chop everyone up in 2.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Most whiny organization and fan base in sports. Some people here seem to not hate them because 'the games don't feel as intense' or 'the Hawks haven't been good so it's died'.

Well people like this are a big part of why I will always hate that ****-ing team. Buncha God damn crybabies.
Well said, IU.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

I agree. It just seems like the league is bending over backwards to accommodate the Red Wings...why shouldn't the Blackhawks receive the same treatment?

Better yet, how about no special treatment at all? The league should be fair and equitable and in consequence treat all sides equally. The league can't have its cake and eat it too. For how much the league loves to proselytize about bringing hockey to irregular markets you think they would do their best to help those markets out and not completely shaft them which seems to be the endgame right now (in my opinion).

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:

Perhaps those were just better teams. With all the travel out west for a SCF....I guess the Wings fragility for travel will cause them to wilt and fail. This travel thing is silly. It is all about TV game timing more than travel.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I agree. It just seems like the league is bending over backwards to accommodate the Red Wings...why shouldn't the Blackhawks receive the same treatment?

Better yet, how about no special treatment at all? The league should be fair and equitable and in consequence treat all sides equally. The league can't have its cake and eat it too. For how much the league loves to proselytize about bringing hockey to irregular markets you think they would do their best to help those markets out and not completely shaft them which seems to be the endgame right now (in my opinion).
what accommodation should the blackhawks need and why don't you think it's being treated "equally".

i get that it sucks to lose the red wings as a rival...but some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what accommodation should the blackhawks need and why don't you think it's being treated "equally".

i get that it sucks to lose the red wings as a rival...but some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous
Did you even read my post? It is clear from the second paragraph that I was being sarcastic in the first...

Old
02-28-2013, 10:52 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Perhaps those were just better teams. With all the travel out west for a SCF....I guess the Wings fragility for travel will cause them to wilt and fail. This travel thing is silly. It is all about TV game timing more than travel.
ITA.

They also get the benefit of being in a division with three other big market teams (TO, Mtl, Boston).

I'm not surprised they want to move...and can't blame them for it at all. In fact, I wish Chicago could move to that division as well.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Not one of this trips cost the Wings any SC Finals...
Let me put it this way. The Redwings never even made it the SC Finals when they had to play more than one playoff series on the Pacific coast. Coincidence?

It's gotten so annoying that I find myself rooting for you all, St. Louis, and even Colorado to win in the playoffs just so we don't have to play another San Jose or Anaheim series.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Cullksinikers

Wah, the Wings have to play on the West Coast.

However, it's really convenient for St. Louis, Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, and Columbus to play out there whenever it's their turn.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Wah, the Wings have to play on the West Coast.

However, it's really convenient for St. Louis, Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, and Columbus to play out there whenever it's their turn.
No ****. The bleating is becoming tiresome and annoying.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:

Why all of the hate? You know you would all be a bit annoyed if your team was in the exact same situation, so take your hate blinders off, so you can see this from a more logical standpoint.

Now, explain why us wanting to be in the east makes us "crybabies".

The fact that you hate the Redwings so much that you can't even have a civil conversation with a fan doesn't say much about Blackhawks fans. As it is, they are starting to get the reputation of Philly fans.