HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
If Dale Tallon blows up Florida's roster, Tomas Kopecky and Brian Campbell would both be great additions to the Avalanche.

Kopecky is a great depth power forward, and Campbell is the type of veteran defenseman the Avalanche could use on the back end.
Campbell would be be sweet but would cost a lot. I doubt the Avs could compete with teams that are contenders giving up young prospects/players/picks.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
If Dale Tallon blows up Florida's roster, Tomas Kopecky and Brian Campbell would both be great additions to the Avalanche.

Kopecky is a great depth power forward, and Campbell is the type of veteran defenseman the Avalanche could use on the back end.
Tallon has acquired both players twice now, highly doubt that even if he does "blow it up" that he'll part with those two players.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:18 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Campbell would be be sweet but would cost a lot. I doubt the Avs could compete with teams that are contenders giving up young prospects/players/picks.
Why would the Avs want to pay assets for soon to be 34 year old Brian Campbell?
He will not come cheap and even a 2nd rounder ( discounting immediate re-sell value) is too much to give up from an Avs perspective.
He earns 7.1 M for 3 more years. And he is 33.
Are we going for the Cup or something this year? Did I miss a 10 game winning streak and the firing of Sacco and a ridiculously lopsided ( in favor of the Avs) deal that fixes all our other issues in one move?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
cgf

Campbell would be a great help to let EJ really open up and could mentor Barrie and Elliott in the art of PMD. I wouldn't mind Campbell on that contract if we didn't have to give up anything to get him and didn't have to trade ROR. As is I'd rather target a long term EJ partner with Ryan.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Why would the Avs want to pay assets for soon to be 34 year old Brian Campbell?
He will not come cheap and even a 2nd rounder ( discounting immediate re-sell value) is too much to give up from an Avs perspective.
He earns 7.1 M for 3 more years. And he is 33.
Are we going for the Cup or something this year? Did I miss a 10 game winning streak and the firing of Sacco and a ridiculously lopsided ( in favor of the Avs) deal that fixes all our other issues in one move?
I'm not sure if this is directed at me, or at the notion of getting Campbell, but I said "I doubt the Avs could compete with contenders in giving away young assets." In other words, it is not going to happen because Colorado won't give up what is needed. Not sure where you got the idea that I said the Avs would give up assets for him.

For the record though, a 2nd round pick for a couple years of Brian Campbell would be a steal.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:13 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I'm not sure if this is directed at me, or at the notion of getting Campbell, but I said "I doubt the Avs could compete with contenders in giving away young assets." In other words, it is not going to happen because Colorado won't give up what is needed. Not sure where you got the idea that I said the Avs would give up assets for him.

For the record though, a 2nd round pick for a couple years of Brian Campbell would be a steal.
Was not really aiming at you just at the notion of acquiring Campbell in general. Campbell for a 2nd would be a steal if we could trust our management to spend to the cap and if we did not have as many young guys to re-sign during those next 3 years.

We really should not give up anything of decent value for anyone who is older than 28 right now. Just does not make sense. If you want to bring in some vets, do it via UFA or in a swap for one of our "vets" if our lockerroom needs a shakeup.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:28 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Anyone know if any of our D are Points West clients? Maybe one of the OB's?

Quote:
Rich Evans ‏@Hockeyagent

Trade will be announced today involving a Points West client. Details to follow.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Anyone know if any of our D are Points West clients? Maybe one of the OB's?
Zanon is with them. But the trade is McGrattan (sp?) to CGY

Old
02-28-2013, 10:34 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Bleh.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

vCash: 50
With Wilson and EJ coming back soon Id think they would be moving a Dman soon. Cant take Barrie out of the line up at this point.

Wilson EJ
Hejda Barrie
4 or 5 players for 2 spots
SOB, ROB, Hunwick, Zannon, Elliot(can be sent down)

Old
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grackle Party View Post
With Wilson and EJ coming back soon Id think they would be moving a Dman soon. Cant take Barrie out of the line up at this point.

Wilson EJ
Hejda Barrie
4 or 5 players for 2 spots
SOB, ROB, Hunwick, Zannon, Elliot(can be sent down)
I imagine they will keep 8 and send Elliott down. With the injuries we have had, all 8 will get ice time. Then one of them will be shipped out in the ROR deal when that finally goes through.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Lets trade ROR + Obyrne to Anaheim for Getz + Perry + 1st(Conditional on Perry/Gets resigning, if both walk we get the 1st).

Then sign Getz and Perry to 8 year 56M deals.

Im in fantasy land again...

Old
02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I think O'Byrne is probably the easiest to trade of the scrubs. Pending UFA, has looked good in a limited role before and a right shot.

I could see a team wanting him as a #6-7 for a playoff run in an extended audition for next year.

Hunwick probably has some value too. Low maintenance guy, decent contract and can do a serviceable job in a limited role.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think O'Byrne is probably the easiest to trade of the scrubs. Pending UFA, has looked good in a limited role before and a right shot.

I could see a team wanting him as a #6-7 for a playoff run in an extended audition for next year.

Hunwick probably has some value too. Low maintenance guy, decent contract and can do a serviceable job in a limited role.
I think for us to get maximum value for O'Byrne which, in my mind, is a 3rd round pick, he's gonna have to start playing better and he'd have to be dealt at the deadline to a team that JUST MISSED OUT on like 3 other depth trades or something like that.

As for The Hunwick, I fear trading him to another team on April 3rd would springboard us into an undefeated streak the rest of the way.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:

I'd take a mid to late round pick for Kobasew, if any teams were interested.

Too bad Hejduk has a NMC. He could fetch something decent from a contender.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think for us to get maximum value for O'Byrne which, in my mind, is a 3rd round pick, he's gonna have to start playing better and he'd have to be dealt at the deadline to a team that JUST MISSED OUT on like 3 other depth trades or something like that.

As for The Hunwick, I fear trading him to another team on April 3rd would springboard us into an undefeated streak the rest of the way.
A third for O'Byrne would be jackpot. A fourth would be a decent return imo.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:24 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Around the deadline I pretty much expect a 3rd out of ROB. It will be a late 3rd (low 80s) for a team that is looking for a playoff run, but doesn't want the cap issues one of our other defensemen would bring next year.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
cgf

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you've just hit on why the Hunwicles - O'Byrne pairing has seen such massive PT. That and their talent for Tank Commanding, which Sacco finds so endearing.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

The more I think about it, I'm growing more confident that we will trade O'Byrne. Pending UFA. Can take a 3rd pairing role no problem.

We have Johnson, Wilson, Hejda, Zanon, Barrie, Elliott, O'Brien, Hunwick left. No reason to keep O'Byrne at all.

Flyers seem to be looking for a depth d-man. Gervais, Gustafsson and Foster isn't doing good.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Best chance to go after Perry is in free agency, I don't think we have enough assets to give up for Perry without hurting our core.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
The more I think about it, I'm growing more confident that we will trade O'Byrne. Pending UFA. Can take a 3rd pairing role no problem.

We have Johnson, Wilson, Hejda, Zanon, Barrie, Elliott, O'Brien, Hunwick left. No reason to keep O'Byrne at all.

Flyers seem to be looking for a depth d-man. Gervais, Gustafsson and Foster isn't doing good.
Agreed, Im quite confident he'll be traded if anyone has interest in him. Before this season started I still felt he would be traded. At that time I was kinda disappointed by that because he had played very well for us, but after seeing his play with us this year I am ok with trading him.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Best chance to go after Perry is in free agency, I don't think we have enough assets to give up for Perry without hurting our core.
I would more ROR if we could get conditional picks coming back with Perry in case Perry walks.

Otherwise theres just no point in us potentially giving up such a big asset for a guy who walks after 3 months.

Perry + Conditional 1st and 3rd for ROR + 2nd would be something I would entertain.

But without those conditional picks its just as well to wait till July and try to sign him then. Ducks are in a real tough spot right here because unlike the ROR situation they truly have 0 leverage in Perry. He's gonna walk so unless they trade him at the deadline they wont get anything for him.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:18 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

As much as I like Perry I don't see any realistic way that we can get him. We are not close enough to the cup to attract him as a UFA, and we don't have enough organizational depth to pull off a trade.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:19 PM
tucker3434

I have to assume we're sellers at the deadline. Does stastny make it? I can't imagine his value would be that high, but he could definitely bring in some assets.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
I have to assume we're sellers at the deadline. Does stastny make it? I can't imagine his value would be that high, but he could definitely bring in some assets.
I agree with you but I think they will shake things up more so than be "sellers".

Ryan O'Reilly's large salary practically dictates the Avalanche to be successful in order for his contract to be worthwhile.

Closed Thread