HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Richards line could line up as Richards-Carter-Williams if we absolutely need JW on the right wing.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Ollie Weeks

I still think Carter would have little issue switching to LW if needed.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:59 PM
funky

Would love Grabner on our top 6. Signed 3 more years at 3 mil per. Can play either wing, has speed, room to grow and has skill. Would be a poor mans Carter if he continues his growth.

NYI needs everything. Bernier and a prospect ? Or Bernier, Muzzin, pick? Not sure what would get it done. I would even do Bernier and Stoll for Grabner and Reasoner.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Would love Grabner on our top 6. Signed 3 more years at 3 mil per. Can play either wing, has speed, room to grow and has skill. Would be a poor mans Carter if he continues his growth.

NYI needs everything. Bernier and a prospect ? Or Bernier, Muzzin, pick? Not sure what would get it done. I would even do Bernier and Stoll for Grabner and Reasoner.
This is a guy I was hoping Dean might get before he traded for Carter. Obviously, Carter is the better player right now, but Grabner would add a lot of speed to our lineup. Not sure we can afford to part with a defenseman right now though.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

Isle fans will tell you they don't need Bernier, Nabby has been fine and they have tons of guys coming up and they'd rather move Okposo.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Doesn't play big enough and as such will not fit on this team but would be attractive due to cap retainer rules. Would you give up something good for Grabner at 1.5 million per? I would. Okposo too at half.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

We're built more for size and strength than we are for speed.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:41 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:

I would rather have Nino Niederreiter. Though the best solution regarding Bernier is to keep him until draftday and then trade him for a 1st/top prospect etc.

This draft is deep like hell! I would love to get a player like Josh Morrissey (Video analysis). Our prospectpool is lacking a PMD with QB-skills on PP. Otherwise you have a fwd like Max Domi (Video Highlights). He's a skillfull player with good speed and some grittiness.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-28-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old
02-28-2013, 08:32 AM
bobbyflex

Leafs fan coming here in peace. Just out curiosity what would you want for Clifford?

Old
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Leafs fan coming here in peace. Just out curiosity what would you want for Clifford?
Not happening.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:19 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I would rather have Nino Niederreiter. Though the best solution regarding Bernier is to keep him until draftday and then trade him for a 1st/top prospect etc.

This draft is deep like hell! I would love to get a player like Josh Morrissey (Video analysis). Our prospectpool is lacking a PMD with QB-skills on PP. Otherwise you have a fwd like Max Domi (Video Highlights). He's a skillfull player with good speed and some grittiness.
Robert Hagg...

Quote:
Doubt we trade him, but odds are DL has major wood for Matt Frattin, so I'd imagine he'd be the first discussion point.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Robert Hagg...

Doubt we trade him, but odds are DL has major wood for Matt Frattin, so I'd imagine he'd be the first discussion point.
Hagg looks good, but DL don't have a history of drafting from the SEL. Moreover I question his offensive skills.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Hagg looks good, but DL don't have a history of drafting from the SEL. Moreover I question his offensive skills.
Well, we did get Schumacher out of Sweden, so he has some eyes over there.

I don't expect him to grab Hagg either, frankly I don't expect him to even be available when we get to pick, but I think he's a greatly under appreciated player for this draft and he'll prove to be a very smart, tough blueliner with a good all-around game. Ruslan Salei with better feet, puck skills and overall offense.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Oh crap ! ... what have you heard ? ... PM me, so as not piss off the Negative Nancy types that will give you a hard time for passing along 2nd hand info without a certified 'source' to back it up

Platelet-rich plasma therapy on his knee.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is a guy I was hoping Dean might get before he traded for Carter. Obviously, Carter is the better player right now, but Grabner would add a lot of speed to our lineup. Not sure we can afford to part with a defenseman right now though.
Yes we can.

Even if we consider Mitchell is done in L.A., the Kings still have
  1. Doughty
  2. Scuderi
  3. Voynov
  4. Martinez
  5. Ellerby
  6. Muzzin
  7. Drewiski
  8. *Greene

Old
02-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Yes we can.

1. Doughty
  2. Scuderi
  3. Voynov
  4. Martinez
  5. Ellerby
  6. Muzzin
  7. Drewiski
  8. *Greene
no way Greene isn't at least 5th when healthy. Or si that why there is an "*" by his name?

Old
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Perro

Quote:
I want him to stay healthy, keeping digging in the boards and forever be a king on a cheap contract.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:

If you ask the NYI, they will say they need for their secondary scorers to be more consistent, take some of the weight off Moulson-Tavares and then have their top prospects come in and produce.

Grabner's got 54 goals over the last 2 full seasons. He makes a dirt cheap $2m this season and $3m next season. I'm wondering where else, Snow can find such a cheap scorer.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Yes we can.

1. Doughty
  2. Scuderi
  3. Voynov
  4. Martinez
  5. Ellerby
  6. Muzzin
  7. Drewiski
  8. *Greene
The only possible kicker to that is both Sucds and 44DD are UFA's after the season . I know we are trying to resign Sucds, but untilw e do we have to assume he isn't back next year.

Additionally, if we dealt a D-man to NYI for Grabner, they wouldn't want 44DD or Scuds for that reason, so they'd want an established D-man, with the most likely target being Voynov or A-Mart. A-Mart would seem the more likely to be dealt of those two.

As such, a Grabner for a D-man deal would likely leave us looking like this after the season:

Doughty
Voynov
Ellerby
Muzzin
Greene
Campbell
Bodnarchuk
Kolomatis (who is an RFA and may not even be resigned by the Kings)

Unless Scuds and 44DD are resigned, trading a defenseman could really pigeon-hole us next year.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If you ask the NYI, they will say they need for their secondary scorers to be more consistent, take some of the weight off Moulson-Tavares and then have their top prospects come in and produce.

Grabner's got 54 goals over the last 2 full seasons. He makes a dirt cheap $2m this season and $3m next season. I'm wondering where else, Snow can find such a cheap scorer.
Exactly why Grabner is likely a pipe dream until next season at least.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Eventually, we're almost going to have to trade one of them. When Martinez & Mitchell & Greene return, Campbell will most likely survive the waivers and make it to Manchester, but Muzzin & Ellerby & Drewiske will not...

Old
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
As I said in my previous post, I really like the thought of a Williams Richards Carter line because I feel like Williams' style of play/role just fits well with them.
The reason I disagree with this particular idea (not saying that it's a bad one) is that Justin Williams and Mike Richards are very similar players offensively. What I mean by that is, they're two guys who are very cerebral and utilize touch passes, timing passes, open space passes -- plays that most other players on the roster can't pull off or even visualize.

So that's why I think having them on different units gives you more benefit simply from a number standpoint. It's not to say that they wouldn't work well as a pair, but you could have four other forwards on two scoring lines benefiting with the skills they bring to the ice.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Eventually, we're almost going to have to trade one of them. When Martinez & Mitchell & Greene return, Campbell will most likely survive the waivers and make it to Manchester, but Muzzin & Ellerby & Drewiske will not...
Mitchell probably isn't coming back this season. I don't see Dean trading Martinez, and I doubt that Muzzin, Ellerby, or Drewiske would bring the Kings much in return.

We may trade a defenseman, but I don't see making a big splash.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:19 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
At this point, I assume Mitchell isn't coming back this season, and Greene is at least 3 weeks away. A-Mart should be back any day now, but we'll be fine with him as we dealt away Gagne and that gives us a roster spot.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Ha, a month ago, Kings European scout Todd Woodcroft (who was scouting and was in Stockholm) had a nice quote for SWE Sport Bladet offering an oppinion/quote for Robbert Hägg...

Woodcroft said that it's not yet sure if Hägg is gonna be a first or second round selection but he expects that the young SWE defensman will be a good NHL defensman. Woodcroft also mentioned that coach Ulf Samuelsson is pretty good at developing the kid...

The article can be found here.

Closed Thread