HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/28/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

Old
02-28-2013, 04:38 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
2/28/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

streams

previous meeting
February 2nd 2013 (3 -2) L February 10th 2013 (1-5) L

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 02-28-2013 at 10:20 AM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:27 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
No Nash while McDonagh, Del Zotto and Asham are questionable for the Rangers.

No Salo for us will hurt, though.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Bruce Lee shall lead us to Victory

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Going up against a team that has been sucking wind lately, with injury issues. Yep, we're toast. But we'll make the Rangers look good.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:42 AM
zeykshade

Each of these games has become about managing expectations for me. I don't need the way this team makes me feel honestly. I prepare myself by expecting a performance that resembles what happens when one consumes too much gas station chicken and sushi. If, by some miracle, the team wins, couldn't be happier.

Fully expect an ass-kicking from the Rangers.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:08 AM
InjuredChoker

Thought their line up is suffering form injuries, I'm still no expecting much. Tampa hasn't matched up well against them.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

LOL! The 4 guys in contention for the #6/7 roles on defense are all playing tonight. It was only a matter of time Sami got hurt, Im just waiting on that, "slipped on a banana peel" kind of injury he seems to always have and leave us with this defense. Hopefully his recovery is quick and NO MORE injuries occur while walking, riding the elevator, going up stairs, taping his stick, etc.

As for the rangers, they arent doing too well but that doesnt matter, we let in 5 goals to FLA, anything can happen.

4-2 Rangers.

Lee....MAB...Mikelsson(happy to see him, just need the others out!)...and Aulie coming off the flu....yikes.

In the future, would be pleased with Mikelsson/Aulie as the last pairing with MAB in as 7. Either drop this #7 ordeal and dress 6 or send someone packing and start letting Gudas come up to play.

Stammertime91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:53 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammertime91 View Post
LOL! The 4 guys in contention for the #6/7 roles on defense are all playing tonight. It was only a matter of time Sami got hurt, Im just waiting on that, "slipped on a banana peel" kind of injury he seems to always have and leave us with this defense. Hopefully his recovery is quick and NO MORE injuries occur while walking, riding the elevator, going up stairs, taping his stick, etc.

As for the rangers, they arent doing too well but that doesnt matter, we let in 5 goals to FLA, anything can happen.

4-2 Rangers.

Lee....MAB...Mikelsson(happy to see him, just need the others out!)...and Aulie coming off the flu....yikes.

In the future, would be pleased with Mikelsson/Aulie as the last pairing with MAB in as 7. Either drop this #7 ordeal and dress 6 or send someone packing and start letting Gudas come up to play.
So you want Brian Lee in the top 4 too? It's good to know I'm not the only one who appreciates his talent.
Hedman-Lee firsr pair means Rangers will struggle offensively, 3-1 win.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:01 AM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So you want Brian Lee in the top 4 too? It's good to know I'm not the only one who appreciates his talent.

Are you related to Lee?

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
No, smartass. I dont want him in a Lightning sweater ever again, that was implying that he'd be gone and Salo obviously back in.

You must be related or a close friend, how you can think he's a "decent" or "versatile" defenseman is beyond me. Not driving this thread OT as thats my opinion, but your comment warranted a response.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Are you related to Lee?
Gotta be. Nobody even stuck up for Krajicek that much, hell, Lukowich in total never got as much love as HoseEmDown gives Lee.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Each of these games has become about managing expectations for me. I don't need the way this team makes me feel honestly. I prepare myself by expecting a performance that resembles what happens when one consumes too much gas station chicken and sushi. If, by some miracle, the team wins, couldn't be happier.

Fully expect an ass-kicking from the Rangers.
I have hockey tonight and can only catch the first period, it's kind of bitter sweet because its so damn frustrating to watch them play.

On the nights I can watch them play or attend games, it involves heavy drinking/smoking.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:33 AM
HoseEmDown

We had Kubina, who couldn't skate anymore and made Brewer look like Bure, Clark who was a pylon, and Gilroy who can't play a lick of D, all were on the team last year. He is much better than all 3 and is a solid bottom pair player. Watch the past 10 games and see that he isn't the reason for our struggles and is not tje worst D we have.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:09 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Nash, McDonagh and Del Zotto feel ready to play. Decision is up to their medical staff.

Quote:
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers
McDonagh, Del Zotto jump on ice early at #NYR AM skate. Players trickling on at Greenburgh

Nash now on ice as well #NYR Could have a near-full group again

18 Rangers on ice for AM skate in Greenburgh. No Lundqvist (starting tonight), no Gilroy from the D group #NYR
https://twitter.com/nydnrangers

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 02-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old
02-28-2013, 09:35 AM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

Just ****ing win.

dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:42 AM
TropicalFruitGirl2

Needless to say Bolts need a win here...badly.

So far, the Lightning haven't matched up well against ANY team that plays them in a tight checking, physical manner.
TB offense, while still very potent, continues to rely on fancy or perfect set ups...something the better checking teams in the league simply won't allow.

Notice they do MUCH better when they just shoot, attack the net and look for garbage.

As for our D, well, it isn't built to be a total shutdown defense, unfortunately. Not saying the team shouldn't worry about D, but if you look at what we have, most of our guys are more offensive minded... (Salo, Bergeron, Carle, Hedman).

That said, there is STILL no excuse for the awful turnovers by ANYONE on defense.
A guy like Victor Hedman has the tools to be a top D-man in the league (and he probably will), but he still needs time to mature. Very good candidate to be both an offensive guy and a shut down guy though.

TropicalFruitGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalFruitGirl2 View Post
Needless to say Bolts need a win here...badly.

So far, the Lightning haven't matched up well against ANY team that plays them in a tight checking, physical manner.
TB offense, while still very potent, continues to rely on fancy or perfect set ups...something the better checking teams in the league simply won't allow.

Notice they do MUCH better when they just shoot, attack the net and look for garbage.

As for our D, well, it isn't built to be a total shutdown defense, unfortunately. Not saying the team shouldn't worry about D, but if you look at what we have, most of our guys are more offensive minded... (Salo, Bergeron, Carle, Hedman).

That said, there is STILL no excuse for the awful turnovers by ANYONE on defense.
A guy like Victor Hedman has the tools to be a top D-man in the league (and he probably will), but he still needs time to mature. Very good candidate to be both an offensive guy and a shut down guy though.
Welcome to HFB!

Old
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
TropicalFruitGirl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Welcome to HFB!
TYVM...

I was going to post in the intro thread, but oddly enough, NEW USERS aren't allowed to post there... lol...errrr, ok...

But, anyways, yes, hello everyone, just discovered you guys and am hoping this is the kind of board I can finally call a real hockey home.

I support the Tampa Bay Lightning and Minnesota Wild (hubby is a Minny sports fan), but I do follow the NHL in general and will watch and discuss other teams as well.

TropicalFruitGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM
kisin

Mikkelson-Lee. Can't wait

kisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:49 AM
LGB 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post

Bleh, not looking forward to it tonight. Waiting for that late 3rd period rally, that just wont be enough.

LGB 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Gilroy has the flu and probably won't play tonight. Not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Oh, well.. Nash and McDonagh are in Lundqvist in net.

3rd straight loss, I guess.

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
TampaBolt
Muck Fichigan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
That plus Lindback in net is worth the price of admission my friend... for a Rangers fan...
Hope Garon is in net today.

TampaBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
CC321

Most of the Bolts have been playing well lately. Their confidence may be a bit low due to the bad goaltending they have been getting, but 2-3 games of good tending from Garon should right the ship. 4-2 Tampa.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Got free tickets from a Ranger fan friend (if you can call him that) so I'll be there tonight rooting for you guys.. Might even stop by the NHL store first and pick up a Stamkos shirt.

Nash is expected to test whatever is injured pre game but says he's expecting to play.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote