HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Anyone else think we let Legwand go when his contract runs out? He only has 1 year left after this. If we can land a #1C this summer I'd even contemplate asking Leggy to waive his NTC. Of course I know getting a #1C is a long shot...
All depends on his demands. If he is comfortable with a #2/3 role at 2.5-3 mil, we absolutely keep him. If not, we'll have to think about it.

I think he's a great option and a quality player, just not a #1C. Hope he stays.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I just feel like there isn't room on this team for both Fisher and Legwand going forward. Both are showing signs of age like they are ready for full time 3rd line duty. It's more of a matter of odd man out and roster space than it is money. Can't have two old 3rd line centers along with Gaustad, Spaling, and anyone else knocking at the door. Plus, Fisher just got an extension, so it seems like they maybe made their choice.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I think Legwand would be fine getting around 3 mil/year whatever and would realize he's not a top center. I personally never see him leaving unless he wants to see if an elite team will pick him up so he can have a legitimate shot at a Cup before his run is over.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think Legwand would be fine getting around 3 mil/year whatever and would realize he's not a top center. I personally never see him leaving unless he wants to see if an elite team will pick him up so he can have a legitimate shot at a Cup before his run is over.
But where does he fit? Are you comfortable guaranteeing Fisher in our top 6 for the next 2 years? I think in two years they both need to be on 3rd lines. Am I selling them short?

Old
02-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I have been campaigning for Leggy to wing for a few years now. I seem to recall it happening at one point, then being switched back. Leggy-Fisher-xxx could be a great shutdown line.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I have been campaigning for Leggy to wing for a few years now. I seem to recall it happening at one point, then being switched back. Leggy-Fisher-xxx could be a great shutdown line.
True. Although he only played wing for 1 game. I think it depends whether or not that would be a waste of his talents and if he'd even want that.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
But where does he fit? Are you comfortable guaranteeing Fisher in our top 6 for the next 2 years? I think in two years they both need to be on 3rd lines. Am I selling them short?
I've never had a problem with Fisher and Legwand being the 2nd and 3rd line centers in no particular order. Next two years? I don't know. I think the team is simply missing a very good and stable top center. That's a fact that I think would make Fish and Leggy look like less of liabilities and would rightfully bump each one down a line. Like I said, I think if we're able to add a couple good top 6 or 7 forwards, including one center, then Fisher and Legwand could both stay here. If we REALLY want Smith at center that's another thing, but I don't know how much that theory needs to affect our lineup in the future.

Trotz also said he wanted to groom Wilson to be a center this season but with the shortened training camp he didn't want to mess with it. So I don't know what the future holds in that regard either. I guess there's probably some validity to one of Fisher or Legwand leaving and I'm not sure who I see going first. It's weird to think of Fisher leaving for obvious reasons, but Legwand is the Preds, and still brings a lot to the table as well as I'm sure Trotz loves him. I would bet the ball is in Leggy's court. If Leggy wants to stay I wouldn't be surprised if that meant Fisher was out the door. Although I'd like to find a way to keep them both

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:34 PM
glenngineer

All this talk of trade offers and guys we should go after. Interesting discussion for sure. Do we make a trade? Do we wait for free agency and throw big money at some of the guys that will potentially be out there? What are the real needs of this team? Are Wilson and Smith the future number 1 and 2 centers of the team?

These are all tough questions to answer and we have no idea the direction Poile and Trotz want to take the team. We know we need an upgrade at the forward position skill wise so who do we target or go after? If it's me, I go after Backstrom. Washington has a few players but no depth. We have some depth to spare and need a guy up front that will make others around him better. He's not a sniper but he is an elite playmaker. He's also a solid two way center on a long term deal that is not that terrible. With Washington tanking, they may be in for a rebuild. While I wouldn't be thrilled to trade Smith in a deal for him, I think it would be a major upgrade and we'd still have Wilson to team with him. Package Smith with a defenseman and a top prospect and maybe a pick and it could be a very enticing deal.

The other option would be to go hard after Perry. While he can be a bit of guy you hate to play against, the guy has skills on both sides of the puck and gives us a legitimate threat up front. I think Getzlaf, while a very good player, isn't necessarily the game breaker I'd be hoping for, especially at the price he's going to get if he hits the open market.

Guys from Buffalo don't interest me unless it's Vanek but with his contract I'd still probably say no. Weiss last year would've been a good pickup but he has sucked royally this year. Lots of guys around the league that look good on paper but are the same type of player we already have. We need elite players, not more of the same. Whether we make moves via trade or free agency to land these sorts of players is another story.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Also, the pipeline cupboard is not really fully stocked. I say it's at a B level in depth. Interesting thing is the Preds have a group of RW's who will becoming up; Sissions, Budish. Guys already in Milwaukee; Beck, Cehlin, Puustinen.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Aberg is an interesting one

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:06 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Puustinen will go back to Europe after this season, I suspect. It's just not going to happen for him stateside, and he can make a lot more money as a star in Finland than he could as a mid-level guy in the AHL.

If we want a real, permanent solution to our offensive woes - which, at present, is a first-rate center - it's going to cost us, because it's going to have to be a hockey move.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
no, they both ****ing suck. already 3rd line centers right now

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:02 AM
NoNecksCurse

gagne scores in his first game with the flyers

Old
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's funny how Legwand gets all the heat, but Erat has been just as bad, if not worse, this season.

Face facts...this team isn't one or two players away, at least not the kind that can be had affordably via trade. Best bet is to take your lumps this season, see what happens, and then go all out to get a top line forward and a true (read, not Scott Hannan) second pairing defenseman via free agency.

We don't have the assets to go making wanton trades this season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
gagne scores in his first game with the flyers
After the feed he got, a fourth grader could have put that in. It was almost like Gagne paused because he couldn't believe the puck was on his stick.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
It's funny how Legwand gets all the heat, but Erat has been just as bad, if not worse, this season.

Face facts...this team isn't one or two players away, at least not the kind that can be had affordably via trade. Best bet is to take your lumps this season, see what happens, and then go all out to get a top line forward and a true (read, not Scott Hannan) second pairing defenseman via free agency.

We don't have the assets to go making wanton trades this season.
I agree and the simple fact is if Erat, Fisher and Legwand are all in decline and cant rebound and get better, either this season or next, we are screwed as a franchise because we have all three under contract for at least two more years and all have NTCs

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Those guys all look Dumonted.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

You know it's bad in the organization when Pete & Terry are talking about the kids in Milwaukee ... I have a feeling we're going to be 11th or a 12th placed team this year in our conference ... everyone behind us have games in hand on us

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
You know it's bad in the organization when Pete & Terry are talking about the kids in Milwaukee ... I have a feeling we're going to be 11th or a 12th placed team this year in our conference ... everyone behind us have games in hand on us
That wouldn't be a bad thing, as it would guarantee a top ten pick. We may not get Mackinnon, Jones or Drouin...but that could be Barkov, Lindholm, Shinkruk or Monahan.

Though..what worries me is the bumper crop of offensive defenseman ranked in the 10-15 rage.

The true worst case would be finishing 9th...or even 8th and going one and done, and ending up in the 11-15 range.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Those guys all look Dumonted.
Its scary but thats absolutely appropriate.... although Erat has been streaky his whole career and i wouldnt be shocked to see him scor 5 goals in a 10 game stretch at some point

Fisher is the one who really looks like he has lost something...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I agree and the simple fact is if Erat, Fisher and Legwand are all in decline and cant rebound and get better, either this season or next, we are screwed as a franchise because we have all three under contract for at least two more years and all have NTCs
have to agree. i said it earlier.. this team won't be true contenders with fisher and legwand in the top 6. ill hold out on erat cause he has always been streaky.

fisher seriously looks lost at times. his offense has completely fallen off the cliff. legwand has been just as bad. surely, poile sees what we see.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
NoNecksCurse

and i honestly think trotz believes that fisher is playing well. he leads the forwards in ice time per game. our forwards are truly a bad punchline. "lord farquaad, invisible man, and a ballerina walk into a bar...."

Old
02-28-2013, 01:59 PM
thecloser

I think Leggy will be a Pred forever for whatever reason.

I agree with throwing money at an elite in FA. and we definitely need Hannan outta here. Get us a real 2nd pairing d-man.

FA in 2013: Visnovsky, Hainsey, Whitney, Scuderi, Lydman, Babchuk, Smid just to name a few. ALL are UFA's at seasons end.

and for forwards, pick your poison.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...F&fa_type_id=2

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I think Leggy will be a Pred forever for whatever reason.

I agree with throwing money at an elite in FA. and we definitely need Hannan outta here. Get us a real 2nd pairing d-man.

FA in 2013: Visnovsky, Hainsey, Whitney, Scuderi, Lydman, Babchuk, Smid just to name a few. ALL are UFA's at seasons end.

and for forwards, pick your poison.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...F&fa_type_id=2
how many of thoese will be signed before reaching FA status though will be interesting.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Poile's poor forward drafting is really catching up with us now, or Trotz poor development of offensive forwards or whatever.

Legwand and Erat have been decent on offense, they were drafted 12+ years ago. When and who is the next wave?

Looking at our draft, Poile isn't just bad at drafting offense, he's down right horrible.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote