HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Matt Kassian on waivers from Minnesota?
Yes 86 74.78%
No 29 25.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd LOVE Kassian, why did they sour on him in Vancouver? He was great a few weeks ago.

Clowe I'm a fan of and I'd gladly take him for the right price, but I don't think he's a real top 6 player anymore. But if San Jose want to reunite Gionta and Gomez...
Kassian got cold and wasn't producing anymore, they have some other wingers ahead of him in the depth chart.

Still believe Clowe can play on a second line, even first line to replace some for some games, i mean we started the season with Bourque, Cole, Gionta, Gallagher, Prust and Patch. Among those guys theres only Patch and Bourque i'd put ahead than Clowe in the depth Chart. Gallagher is a toss.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Kassian got cold and wasn't producing anymore, they have some other wingers ahead of him in the depth chart.

Still believe Clowe can play on a second line, even first line to replace some for some games, i mean we started the season with Bourque, Cole, Gionta, Gallagher, Prust and Patch. Among those guys theres only Patch and Bourque i'd put ahead than Clowe in the depth Chart. Gallagher is a toss.
Haven't seen Clowe play this year but just looking at the stats he seems to be struggling more than Gionta/Cole.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Haven't seen Clowe play this year but just looking at the stats he seems to be struggling more than Gionta/Cole.
He's struggling and hasn't controlled his temper neither (pulled a White or two), it happens to the best of us. A change of scenery is in order .

Old
02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Looks like Calgary got Brian Mcgrattan; damn MB you let another goon slip away, we're doomed

Old
02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Looks like Calgary got Brian Mcgrattan:
Abbotsford got McGrattan....

Old
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Looks like Calgary got Brian Mcgrattan; damn MB you let another goon slip away, we're doomed
Imagine how far ahead of the east we'd be with Kassian McGrattan and McLaren in the lineup!

Old
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
I read somewhere that he would be called up once they made a roster move.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I wouldn't want to be like the Leafs and have Orr/McLaren/Brown all playing and killing the team's 5 on 5 play but it'd be nice to have a Fraser type as a #7 D. Far more versatile and useful on the 23 man roster than 4th line goons IMO. Alex Henry might have been decent in that role.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:45 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wouldn't want to be like the Leafs and have Orr/McLaren/Brown all playing and killing the team's 5 on 5 play but it'd be nice to have a Fraser type as a #7 D. Far more versatile and useful on the 23 man roster than 4th line goons IMO. Alex Henry might have been decent in that role.
I remember making that suggestion regarding Henry when we had the Gauthier regime.

Was nothing different. The anti fighting crowd was apoplectic.

It appears we will have to wait for next year to get a legitimate tough guy.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
beenhereandthere

Bring back Big Georges or Knuckles!

Old
02-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Sorinth

According to Doug MacLean we alreay have a heavweight

Quote:
Hockey Central’s Doug MacLean argued with Cherry, saying that Phaneuf should fight on occasion but made the wise choice in declining a heavyweight like Prust.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:36 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Its Hartley that made a push to get him and he will be with the big club

Old
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
ChoseLa

Sestito on waivers, decent goon, a bit above the unidimensional goon crowd in terms of hockey, still young, but realy there to fight.

Last edited by ChoseLa: 02-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Sestito on waivers, decent goon, a bit above the unidimensional goon crowd in terms of hockey, still young, but realy there to fight.
and he suck at it. Perfect for the habs.......

Old
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
According to Doug MacLean we alreay have a heavweight
Yeah, I wanted to reach through the radio and smack him on hockey central. Saying that Prust should have fought Orr because Orr is the leafs heavyweight while Prust is the habs. Seriously Doug? are you that *** stupid to think that just because Prust is probably the teams "top fighter" that it automatically makes him a heavyweight of Orr's caliber?

Moron

Old
02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Imagine how far ahead of the east we'd be with Kassian McGrattan and McLaren in the lineup!
It's entertaining to read posts from people who have no idea what they're talking about and who can't even recognize, even if it's right in front of them, that a big part of the "change of culture" in this year's Habs has to do with the added toughness but yet, folks who will use gross exaggeration in a lame attempt to prove their point. But hey, keep entertaining us, folks!

Old
02-28-2013, 07:04 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's entertaining to read posts from people who have no idea what they're talking about and who can't even recognize, even if it's right in front of them, that a big part of the "change of culture" in this year's Habs has to do with the added toughness but yet, folks who will use gross exaggeration in a lame attempt to prove their point. But hey, keep entertaining us, folks!
Don't get me wrong, I would love a fighter on this team. That being said, I am very picky. I want a Fighter who can do more than just fight. Chris Neil is a guy who would be an ideal type of player, he can do more than just fight. Someone who can play more than 3-5 mins a game just to get a point across and that's it. Why settle for crap goons that can't do anything except punch when you can at least make an effort to try and get one who can do a bit more than stand there and punch others/intimidate? Why settle? we are the Habs, not Columbus. If holding out for a better player means passing up on useless goons like mcgrattan and kassian then I am all for it. No reason to not have standards my friend.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I remember making that suggestion regarding Henry when we had the Gauthier regime.

Was nothing different. The anti fighting crowd was apoplectic.

It appears we will have to wait for next year to get a legitimate tough guy.
I like him in the AHL, but to be really fair on this one I don't agree. Henry wasn't an NHL level defenseman, he's really bad. Carkner on the other hand could have been nice.

Doug Murray would do wonder on that front.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Tom Sestito has been waived by Philadelphia.
He has been a healthy scratch for the Flyers since Feb. 11 and while on a minor-league conditioning assignment he suffered a charley horse about a week ago. If Sestito isn't claimed then he'll get the chance to work himself back up to speed with AHL Adirondack

Old
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Tom Sestito has been waived by Philadelphia.
He has been a healthy scratch for the Flyers since Feb. 11 and while on a minor-league conditioning assignment he suffered a charley horse about a week ago. If Sestito isn't claimed then he'll get the chance to work himself back up to speed with AHL Adirondack
Apparently Montreal + Chicago put in a claim to Sestito as well, but the Canucks nabbed him.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Maxpac

God I wish we had a player ala Brandon Boilig in the line-up. Somebody who just steps in does the freacking job. You don't need the heavyweight king to make an impact and get respect. Chicago has crazy grit in their line-up (Boilig, Carcillo, Bickel, Shaw, Saad, Mayers), but it mostly revolves around Boilig being there to defend if it gets crazy. We NEED somebody like him in the line-up.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think at some point before next season we'll have a #13 forward type heavyweight...6'4" 230lbs type. The roster was an issue before Diaz and Bourque went out.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I think at some point before next season we'll have a #13 forward type heavyweight...6'4" 230lbs type. The roster was an issue before Diaz and Bourque went out.
And it wouldn't be a bad thing against teams like Toronto, Boston and Philly who simply do nothing but target some of our guys like they have in the past

Old
03-01-2013, 05:01 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Apparently Montreal + Chicago put in a claim to Sestito as well, but the Canucks nabbed him.
Yeah at least we know Bergevin tried to get a 6`5 who can actually play hockey.

Last edited by CN_paladin: 03-02-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 05:32 PM
puckeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Yeah at least we know Bergeron tried to get a 6`5 who can actually play hockey.
Bergevin, Marc Bergevin.

Closed Thread