HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
Im liking the way this team is heading its trimming pieces that should have been trimmed a couple years ago.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Kelsay coming off the books is great...his contract was too expensive and he's not a good fit if they use some 3-4 looks.

But instead of retiring, if the Bills cut him and he caught on elsewhere I'd root for him. He's been a good trooper...not his fault the team overpayed him when he signed his last contract.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Takeo

Bills need to ask Fitzpatrick to restructure his deal! Come on already!!

Old
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Would have added the link but I be in class. Thanks
I don't use Twitter lol. I got it off a chatbox on another website.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Im liking the way this team is heading its trimming pieces that should have been trimmed a couple years ago.
True, though here he made his own decisions. I'm still not big on Barnett getting the hook.

Like GAG said...I could root for Kelsay had he decided to continue elsewjere and asked for a release but to be honest I think he made the right call. He looked old and slow the last couple years.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Think about the freakin 49ers. I think they have 15 picks this year, including #31 and #34. And they get a bonus 2nd round pick by trading a backup. Geez.
Tell me about it. They are also pursuing Revis HARD. That would put them over the top, though I would HATE for Whitner to win a Super Bowl

As for the draft, I hope this is how it turns out in terms of what positions we draft

Round 1 - QB
Round 2 - WR
Round 3 - LB
Round 4 - CB
Round 5 - LB
Round 6 - OG

As for specific players, I'd be ecstatic with Geno Smith, DeAndre Hopkins and Bruce Taylor as our QB-WR-LB top 3 picks. All 3 should be very good NFL players.I also would jump on Shamarko Thomas or Justin Pugh if either of them are available in the 4th. Thomas will be a stud safety, the kid is a devastating hitter. Think Roy Williams in terms of physicality but way faster and way better in coverage.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:16 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Bills need to ask Fitzpatrick to restructure his deal! Come on already!!
Oh they will. The entire reason on keeping T. Jackson was to have two vets for under 8 million.... if Fitz refuses ( which I doubt ) he'll be cut.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
buffalowing88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Oh they will. The entire reason on keeping T. Jackson was to have two vets for under 8 million.... if Fitz refuses ( which I doubt ) he'll be cut.
You're spot on. My gut feeling is that he will restructure because he's said in the past that he knows he won't get another shot as a franchise QB. It's going to be interesting if Geno Smith drops to us because it's now become a possibility with Smith. I've become a fan of Geno after watching more game tape. He played in some tough weather at WVU and seems to be able to make plays on the fly. May be ideal if he takes a year on the bench behind a motivated Fitz. I guess that's what I'm rooting for currently...

Old
02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Yeah, this is probably his last chance to start for an NFL team but how much would we owe him if we cut him? (I'm actually not sure). He could just take that money and run and go somewhere (that's not in Buffalo) as a well paid backup, who probably wouldn't have to do much else except keep the starters fresh in practice. I guess that might be pretty far fetched since we're talking about a pro athlete but I wouldn't be too shocked

Old
02-28-2013, 04:39 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
You're spot on. My gut feeling is that he will restructure because he's said in the past that he knows he won't get another shot as a franchise QB. It's going to be interesting if Geno Smith drops to us because it's now become a possibility with Smith. I've become a fan of Geno after watching more game tape. He played in some tough weather at WVU and seems to be able to make plays on the fly. May be ideal if he takes a year on the bench behind a motivated Fitz. I guess that's what I'm rooting for currently...
Geno had a horrid 2nd half in a conference all about offense and no defense. He went from Heisman front runner to not even in the race at all.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:48 PM
buffalowing88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Geno had a horrid 2nd half in a conference all about offense and no defense. He went from Heisman front runner to not even in the race at all.
The guy had 3 standout years at WVU, one half of one year is a fairly small sample size to judge him on...

Closed Thread