HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Conference Discussion (Realignment Approved, Detroit and Columbus Leaving)

Old
02-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings 1926 View Post
Why all of the hate? You know you would all be a bit annoyed if your team was in the exact same situation, so take your hate blinders off, so you can see this from a more logical standpoint.

Now, explain why us wanting to be in the east makes us "crybabies".

The fact that you hate the Redwings so much that you can't even have a civil conversation with a fan doesn't say much about Blackhawks fans. As it is, they are starting to get the reputation of Philly fans.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Wah, the Wings have to play on the West Coast.

However, it's really convenient for St. Louis, Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, and Columbus to play out there whenever it's their turn.
What? Columbus wants to be in the east just as badly. As for the rest of those cities you mentioned. They are a good bit west of Detroit. But hey, if the league ever expands to the point where any of those market is furthest east then I wouldn't be surprised to hear them state their desire to move to the Eastern Conference.

Redwings 1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:13 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I don't mind the Wings going to the east. I wish they were still here or that we went with but the arguments they had for moving were valid and the Hawks will just have to move on without them. Really, the division they are going to should be a lot better so this might be a case of be careful what you wish for unless they have designs on rebuilding the next few years.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
What? Columbus wants to be in the east just as badly. As for the rest of those cities you mentioned. They are a good bit west of Detroit. But hey, if the league ever expands to the point where any of those market is furthest east then I wouldn't be surprised to hear them state their desire to move to the Eastern Conference.
OK, but you don't hear Minnesota fans complaining like Wings fans do. They play in a division with Colorado and three teams from Western Canada. That makes no damn sense.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
coldsteelonice84

I don't know, just the idea of watching all of those games at 9:30 or 10:30 PM local time, over the years I think it would eat at me too. Now, these excuses about travel contributing to their poor record or whatever, that's garbage, but from a fan's POV, yeah, they did have it kinda rough.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
The Braves where in the west too for many years, didn't hear them crying about it. Sick and tired of Det. crying like girls about it, west teams travel more and have to travel though time zones, boo hoo.

Now their fans are claiming it cost them Cups. PLEASE! The teams had to travel to Detroit too, to use that as an excuse for losing is about as pathetic as it gets.
That is true, however, the one thing you are leaving out is the fact the east is 3 hours ahead of the west. That means 7:30 in Vancouver is 10:30 in Detroit. Now, I don't know about you, but I generally have a lot more energy in the middle of the afternoon or early evening than in the middle of the night.

I never said that traveling out west cost us cups, just saying that it didn't help. I have watched a lot of those late games on the west coast, and the Wings almost always looked flat out there.

If wanting what's best for my favorite team makes me a crybaby then so be it!!

Old
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
TwistedWrister90

Central time FTW

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Wah, the Wings have to play on the West Coast.

However, it's really convenient for St. Louis, Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, and Columbus to play out there whenever it's their turn.

Exactly. Chicago to San Jose and Detroit to San Jose is basically the same god damn flight!

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Exactly. Chicago to San Jose and Detroit to San Jose is basically the same god damn flight!
But the games start too late. Wahhh wahhh wahhh

It's not like Detroit gets bad ratings, and with these new conferences the Wings wouldn't be playing as many games on the west coast even if they were to stay in the Central/Norris

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
OK, but you don't hear Minnesota fans complaining like Wings fans do. They play in a division with Colorado and three teams from Western Canada. That makes no damn sense.
In all honesty, I don't really pay that close attention to the Minnesota Wild, but I have heard some grumblings here and there about their travel schedule. One thing I can certainly say is that they and their fans would embrace this change.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
I have no issues with Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, etc. wanting what is best for their franchise and fan base. As much as I don't like the NHL being the only league without the Chicago-Detroit divisional rivalry, I'll get over it. I'm not sure I'll get over the "Central" division. Can't they come up with something better than that?

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
In all honesty, I don't really pay that close attention to the Minnesota Wild, but I have heard some grumblings here and there about their travel schedule. One thing I can certainly say is that they and their fans would embrace this change.
In my opinion, they have more of a right to complain but don't as much as you guys. Winnipeg and Minnesota have it the worst by far.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
The two cities aren't that far apart. With that out of the way, if the Redwings do get what they want, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the Hawks and/or their fans start saying that they would like to move to the Eastern Conference too.

With the NBA's Bulls playing in the Eastern Conference, I can't say I would blame the Blackhawks organization, or their fans for wanting to be in the Eastern Conference as well.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
The two cities aren't that far apart. With that out of the way, if the Redwings do get what they want, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the Hawks and/or their fans start saying that they would like to move to the Eastern Conference too.

With the NBA's Bulls playing in the Eastern Conference, I can't say I would blame the Blackhawks organization, or their fans for wanting to be in the Eastern Conference as well.
Why would we want to move and play more games at 6 central? **** that nonsense.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
In my opinion, they have more of a right to complain but don't as much as you guys. Winnipeg and Minnesota have it the worst by far.
It could have something to do with the fact that Detroit is a larger market than Minnesota, and has enjoyed a lot of success over the years. That tends to get you a lot of attention, good and bad. I'm also willing to bet that the Wild probably don't have a whole lot of fans outside of where they play. The Redwings, like all of the other Original Six organizations, do, so is it any wonder that you hear more Redwings fans crying about the schedule?

Old
02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Why would we want to move and play more games at 6 central? **** that nonsense.
I would absolutely love more games at 6 central. We can't all have jobs that start at 8+. I went to college so I wouldn't have a job that started at 6, but apparently I still have to with a 30 minute 'commute'. 9-930 starts are literally starting when I'm just about to go to bed or in bed.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
I never said that traveling out west cost us cups, just saying that it didn't help. I have watched a lot of those late games on the west coast, and the Wings almost always looked flat out there.
Quote:
I am tired of all of those trips to the west coast, and having to play teams like Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix so much in the playoffs. I hate to think of how many trips to the SCF that those grueling trips back and forth have cost us.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I would absolutely love more games at 6 central. We can't all have jobs that start at 8+. I went to college so I wouldn't have a job that started at 6, but apparently I still have to with a 30 minute 'commute'. 9-930 starts are literally starting when I'm just about to go to bed or in bed.
Yeah, +1 in a big way to this. I'll soldier on if we have a late game but yeah, I find myself getting home from work and basically waiting around for hours for the game to start now. I'd love to watch the game from 6 or 6:30 to about 8:30 or 9 and then just relax the rest of the night and hopefully get a decent sleep.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
That is epic stuff.

The Hawks don't want East infection, so Detroit has to plummet elsewhere. I just wish we could give them a pounding each year

Old
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Like I said earlier. The Redwings have never gotten to the SCF after playing more than one series on the Pacific timezone, and they went to the finals 6 times between 1995 and 2009.

The closest they came was in 2007, when they had to play Calgary, San Jose, and Anaheim. Anaslime won of course.

Now, I am not definitively saying that one is a result of the other, but as one who has been watching this team for years, and noticing these patterns, I can't help but wonder how much the travel and time changes have effected them over the years.

Heck, even Mike Babcock was quoted in 2009 as saying that he would definitely rather face the Blackhawks in the next round than the Vancouver Canucks.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:36 PM
wsoxfan1214

Quote:
Like I said earlier. The Redwings have never gotten to the SCF after playing more than one series on the Pacific timezone, and they went to the finals 6 times between 1995 and 2009.

The closest they came was in 2007, when they had to play Calgary, San Jose, and Anaheim. Anaslime won of course.

Now, I am not definitively saying that one is a result of the other, but as one who has been watching this team for years, and noticing these patterns, I can't help but wonder how much the travel and time changes have effected them over the years.

Heck, even Mike Babcock was quoted in 2009 as saying that he would definitely rather face the Blackhawks in the next round than the Vancouver Canucks.
sorry, but I have to ask. Did you start following the team a week ago? Why can't you type their name correctly? Red (space!) Wings. NOT redwings. No one ever from any official outlet has ever referred to them as the "Redwings".

wsoxfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
That is epic stuff.

The Hawks don't want East infection, so Detroit has to plummet elsewhere. I just wish we could give them a pounding each year
"Plummeting"? I don't know about that. People were saying the same thing about Blackhawks the year after they won the Cup, after they cap hit, and look where they are now.

People have been predicting the Redwings' possible demise for 15 years now. The fact is is that the Wings have a top notch front office, and a dedicated owner who loves his hometown and loves to win.

In many ways, I'd say the Hawks actually used the Wings as a blueprint for their own success, and kudos to them. I was glad when Rocky took over and started talking about championships, amending ties with former Blackhawk greats, and getting away from all of the practices his father so stubbornly stuck to.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
wsoxfan1214

I'll take that as a yes to the week ago thing then.

wsoxfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
"Plummeting"? I don't know about that. People were saying the same thing about Blackhawks the year after they won the Cup, after they cap hit, and look where they are now.

People have been predicting the Redwings' possible demise for 15 years now. The fact is is that the Wings have a top notch front office, and a dedicated owner who loves his hometown and loves to win.

In many ways, I'd say the Hawks actually used the Wings as a blueprint for their own success, and kudos to them. I was glad when Rocky took over and started talking about championships, amending ties with former Blackhawk greats, and getting away from all of the practices his father so stubbornly stuck to.
Yeah, you guys had a phenomenal offseason.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Yeah, you guys had a phenomenal offseason.
Yeah, but we're not having a terrible regular season thus far. It's not outstanding, but certainly not bad enough to indicate that we are "plummeting". And trust me, our offseason was nowhere near as bad as the one you guys had a couple of years ago, fresh off your 2010 Stanley Cup victory.

I suspect it to be more wishful thinking than anything else. Why anyone wants an Original 6 team to suck is beyond me. I mean, would you rather have all of those southern and western expansion teams be the dominant ones every year, driving the NHL into irrelevance?