HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Platelet-rich plasma therapy on his knee.
Yes, saw that report as well, but thought Dean also said that there was POSITIVE news from Willie as a result of the therapy ?

Old
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
no way Greene isn't at least 5th when healthy. Or si that why there is an "*" by his name?
What do you think?

Old
02-28-2013, 02:34 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Puck Daddy podcast discussing Dallas making the Cole/Ryder trade as a means of filling Morrow's roster spot in preparation of Morrow getting traded.

Granted it's within the division (for this season at least), but should Dean be interested in trading for Morrow?

Old
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Morrow would be an interesting acquisition, but I'm not sure what he has left to offer as he's regressed quite a bit over the years. If it didn't cost the Kings any significant assets, it may be worth a look, but I would think that the Stars would want a decent return if they deal Morrow.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Puck Daddy podcast discussing Dallas making the Cole/Ryder trade as a means of filling Morrow's roster spot in preparation of Morrow getting traded.

Granted it's within the division (for this season at least), but should Dean be interested in trading for Morrow?
Morrow of the present is NOTHING like the Morrow of the past. He is flat out terrible.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Morrow would be an interesting acquisition, but I'm not sure what he has left to offer as he's regressed quite a bit over the years. If it didn't cost the Kings any significant assets, it may be worth a look, but I would think that the Stars would want a decent return if they deal Morrow.
I know Morrow is not the same player he used to be. BUT, considering this team embodies his style, he would fit in. Just not sure if his impact would be effective enough.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Martyros

Quote:
I know Morrow is not the same player he used to be. BUT, considering this team embodies his style, he would fit in. Just not sure if his impact would be effective enough.
Do you want Ryan Smyth and his lazy penalties? If not, we're better off without Morrow.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Morrow's DL's type of player. A veteran captain, and a character guy coming off an injury. If the price is right, he could be a king. But I'm sure there will be many suitors for a guy like Morrow, who's still putting up decent numbers: 5 goals and 5 assists in 20 games isn't too shabby in my book.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Morrow of the present is NOTHING like the Morrow of the past. He is flat out terrible.
Morrow has been amongst the hottest players in hockey over the last 3 weeks. The only time he wasnt a top player this year is when both Benn was unsigned and Roy was injured. He was having to play an additipnal 4 minutes at his age.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Morrow has been amongst the hottest players in hockey over the last 3 weeks. The only time he wasnt a top player this year is when both Benn was unsigned and Roy was injured. He was having to play an additipnal 4 minutes at his age.
He's doing better than he was in the beginning of the year, but no, he is NOT "one of the hottest players" in the last 3 weeks.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:04 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
He's doing better than he was in the beginning of the year, but no, he is NOT "one of the hottest players" in the last 3 weeks.
No name thinks all of the players are hot.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Ha, a month ago, Kings European scout Todd Woodcroft (who was scouting and was in Stockholm) had a nice quote for SWE Sport Bladet offering an oppinion/quote for Robbert Hägg...

Woodcroft said that it's not yet sure if Hägg is gonna be a first or second round selection but he expects that the young SWE defensman will be a good NHL defensman. Woodcroft also mentioned that coach Ulf Samuelsson is pretty good at developing the kid...

The article can be found here.
Thanks for posting that.

I agree, I think he could be a very good, top 4 blueliner who can do a bit of everything and excels on the defensive side of the game.

The fact our scout is publicly commenting on him though tends to not bode well for us getting him though. Teams don't usually comment on guys they are secretly high on, outside of the top tier (IE top 10) prospects.

Quote:

Depends on the cost, but where would he go? Is he really a top 6 guy anymore? I don't think he is. I think he can still play well, and be an excellent 3rd line guy, but our problem really isn't our 3rd or 4th line, and who do we pull off of the 3rd line anyways? He'd cost to much and is to good for the 4th line, so replacing King with him isn't worth it.

I could see if we felt that we wanted to replace Penner with him, maybe then, but I think DL will look elsewhwre first and turn to Morrow more as a B or C or even D option. And of course, the cost will come into play. I'd imagine, even as a rental, he could fetch a 1st, or a 2nd and a B-tier prospect. After what Gaustad netted, I can't see anyone going cheap anymore.

Quote:
Do you want Ryan Smyth and his lazy penalties? If not, we're better off without Morrow.
He is NOT Ryan Smyth.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Depends on the cost, but where would he go? Is he really a top 6 guy anymore? I don't think he is. I think he can still play well, and be an excellent 3rd line guy, but our problem really isn't our 3rd or 4th line, and who do we pull off of the 3rd line anyways? He'd cost to much and is to good for the 4th line, so replacing King with him isn't worth it.
Did any of us think Lewis would be playing on a top 6? I highly doubt it. Morrow would be a nice fit with Richards and Carter imo.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
bobafettish*

looks like perry is gonna be available. pipe dream but brown-kopitar-perry= sex.

think DL should be looking for a WM/greene replacement, no to smyth and morrow.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:59 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Did any of us think Lewis would be playing on a top 6? I highly doubt it. Morrow would be a nice fit with Richards and Carter imo.
Playing there and being worthy of playing there are two different things. Lewis has looked good the past 5 games or so, but it'll take a lot more than that to convince me the first 170 or so games of his career aren't proof he's a 3rd/4th liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
looks like perry is gonna be available. pipe dream but brown-kopitar-perry= sex.
Perry is a very good player, but I'd vomit if he was on this team.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Perro

Quote:
at this point I see him more as a 3rd/4th line guy with some PK work.

If he could be had for cheap would be a great depth addition for the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Playing there and being worthy of playing there are two different things. Lewis has looked good the past 5 games or so, but it'll take a lot more than that to convince me the first 170 or so games of his career aren't proof he's a 3rd/4th liner.

Perry is a very good player, but I'd vomit if he was on this team.
I imagine a lot of the Perry haters would start to love him.
I am guessing it doesn't matter. If he doesn't want to sign in Anaheim chances are he will not want to sign in LA.

Last edited by Perro: 02-28-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: addiiton
Old
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It is questionable that he'd come here, though we'd have a good argument. Our future has more stability than the Ducks, a lot of his friends are on the Kings, and he wouldn't have to move. However, I don't see any possible way whatsoever that we could afford him. Offering another $7.5 million deal for 7 years seems impossible for us.

Imagine the scenario though, that the Ducks keep him and make a run for it, making a trade on another rental wasting assets, and then they fail in the playoffs (we eliminate them or something > and then they lose him via free agency for nothing, and then we sign him.... That is like one of the greatest things that could ever happen for us and most devastating that could ever happen to the Ducks. Would be glorious

Hell, they might lose both Perry and Getzlaf for nothing this upcoming summer...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 02-28-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I imagine a lot of the Perry haters would start to love him.
Won't be me.

Quote:
I am guessing it doesn't matter. If he doesn't want to sign in Anaheim chances are he will not want to sign in LA.
I think he'll go to the top dollar. So yeah, that likely means we're out.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:15 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
at this point I see him more as a 3rd/4th line guy with some PK work.

If he could be had for cheap would be a great depth addition for the playoffs.
I can see Morrow playing some 3rd line but there's no way Morrow's a 4th line guy. Heck the guy has 5 goals and 10 points. How many of our bottom six have 5 goals? He would have more goals than Richards.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post

think DL should be looking for a WM/greene replacement, no to smyth and morrow.
I'd be ok with Perry but would still prefer Ryan. It would be funny if Perry accepted less money to play with the kings.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:18 PM
no name

Quote:
He is the 13th rated fantasy player over the last 10 games. When determing how hot someone is fantasy production is not a had way in determing.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Perro

Quote:
I can see Morrow playing some 3rd line but there's no way Morrow's a 4th line guy. Heck the guy has 5 goals and 10 points. How many of our bottom six have 5 goals? He would have more goals than Richards.
what sort of minutes has he been getting?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
no name

Quote:
No name thinks all of the players are hot.
Them grizzled adams apples always get me.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
what sort of minutes has he been getting?
15:25 a game, 2:42 a game on the PP. The rest is basically all 5-on-5

Closed Thread