Jarome Iginla

Old
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Sean Monahan
Moewny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
He isn't that player any more he is a much more passive player.
I don't believe that theory one bit. He may have lost a step but he's a committed professional that always keeps himself in good shape. He's been getting good looks all year going hard to the net with Tangs putting the puck right on his stick, but most of the time it ended up hitting the goalie right in the logo. He's simply not scoring and that needs to change.

That being said, he's doing all the right things out there being a 200-foot player. That's why we're getting by. But if we want consistent wins, Iggy needs to score. End of the story.

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
A good captain does what's best for the team. If 4 goals and 39 assists are helping us win games, then I'm happy to see Iginla be that selfless player. Personally I think Iginla is being a good catalyst of winning. It's not like we're hurting for goals....

And I believe it's all the same on the scoreboard. Hockey's a team game

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
I don't believe that theory one bit. He may have lost a step but he's a committed professional that always keeps himself in good shape. He's been getting good looks all year going hard to the net with Tangs putting the puck right on his stick, but most of the time it ended up hitting the goalie right in the logo. He's simply not scoring and that needs to change.

That being said, he's doing all the right things out there being a 200-foot player. That's why we're getting by. But if we want consistent wins, Iggy needs to score. End of the story.
Watch him play now and compare it to 6-7 years ago, he had much more explosive power he wouldn't stop and look for the pass he would drive hard to the net. He may still be in great shape but he certainly doesn't look like the same guy that knew he could go threw anyone. I also think Hartley has asked him to play this way, our top 2 lines are full of players making quick passes and smart plays and since Hartley has been Iginla looks alot more like a playmaker, he looks to be actively looking for open players instead of just taking the shot.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post

When Iggy played with Cammalleri 4 years ago, it was the first time in 10 years (or 11 I cant remember) that he did not lead the team in goals. I personally believe Cammalleri has the best wrist shot on this team, and its obvious when Iginla is on the same line as Cams he is going to be passing the puck more. The reason everyone wants Iggy to score is simply because he's done it all these years to win games for this team.. But hes been setting up a lot of goals. If you actually look at his assists you'll realize that he's the reason they scored most of those goals (christ I think Glencross had 3 tap ins).. So I know we want Iggy to score but he's not useless out there.. With the depth we have this year Iggy does not have to take the puck to the net and do it all by himself anymore, he's got skilled players with him as options that can put it in the nets as well. That doesn't mean that if he gets a chance in the slot he's not going to take it, but we should expect his goals to slightly decline now, which is fine with me if he can keep setting up players like he has been doing.. I don't think it matters who scores on his line as long as they score right?

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
I can definitely see Iggy convert to more of a playmaker near the end of his career, we've been starting to see it more and more, and as he gets older and can't drive the net as hard and it starts taking a toll on his body, it's definitely possible he's starting to change his game.. He already transitioned from a power forward to a pure sniper, I don't think it's impossible to see yet another major transition.. All the best players know at some point they have to adapt.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
DionPhaneuf3

Leaf fan here in peace. I've been a huge Jarome Iginla fan since as long as i can remember and was going to ask the same qusetion. What happens with iggy ? Best and most consistent power forward of the past decade. I'd like to see Iggy hang it up with the flames but as a franchise i don't think that would be the best move going forward. Any ideas of where ownership and management stands on this ?

DionPhaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionPhaneuf3 View Post
Leaf fan here in peace. I've been a huge Jarome Iginla fan since as long as i can remember and was going to ask the same qusetion. What happens with iggy ? Best and most consistent power forward of the past decade. I'd like to see Iggy hang it up with the flames but as a franchise i don't think that would be the best move going forward. Any ideas of where ownership and management stands on this ?
No idea. The likely answer is: if the Flames are in spitting distance of a playoff spot by the deadline, he stays with Calgary. If they're not, there's a decent chance, although not a guarantee, that he is moved (he is allegedly willing to waive his NMC this season).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:43 PM
anothercanucklehead

I'm a Canuck fan who comes in peace. I have always respected Iggy but it was multiplied tenfold when he showed such respect for Trevor Linden at his last game. A friend of mine just posted that Iggy was traded to Boston. Please tell me this isn't so!!! I'm hoping he's teasing because he posted once already that Luongo was going there lol.

anothercanucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothercanucklehead View Post
I'm a Canuck fan who comes in peace. I have always respected Iggy but it was multiplied tenfold when he showed such respect for Trevor Linden at his last game. A friend of mine just posted that Iggy was traded to Boston. Please tell me this isn't so!!! I'm hoping he's teasing because he posted once already that Luongo was going there lol.
No he has not been traded.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

Quote:
LOL!

No.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Sean Monahan
Moewny

Iggy's not going unless he asks so himself

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Iginla and Kipper to Boston, Rask and Seguin to Calgary, Calgary quoted as saying they wanted to keep their goaltending future Finnish and this solidifies it.
No sources have been made available. Nor will anyone confirm, but trust me, it happened

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
anothercanucklehead

Quote:
No he has not been traded.
Thank you!! It would be horrible to see him in a Boston jersey!!

anothercanucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
I disagree, it would be a good shot at the cup for him, and potentially some decent prospects or assets for us, win win.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Don't say that around here most Flames fans like the Bruins and I would wager that most in would have the Bruins in their top 3 favorite teams even before the playoff run against the Canucks. (I like Boston but also like Vancouver so go figure)

Old
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Don't say that around here most Flames fans like the Bruins and I would wager that most in would have the Bruins in their top 3 favorite teams even before the playoff run against the Canucks. (I like Boston but also like Vancouver so go figure)
Did you cheer and boo simultaneously for every goal in that final lol.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
No it wouldn't. They're not too far removed from being "Canada's Team".

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Did you cheer and boo simultaneously for every goal in that final lol.
Basically, I was actually cheering for Boston in that final but only because my girlfriend is a Bruin fan and threatened to go abstinent during their playoff run if I didn't cheer for them.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Feel The Heat

As much as I hate to say or see it. Iginla needs to be traded so this team can move forward.
The Flames need to give the younger players more ice time and responsibility. Last chance to get any value out of Iginla on the trade market.
I would like to see iginla have a legitimate chance at winning a cup.

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

If Iggy does walk in the off-season, would the Flames make an offer to Perry?

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
With what cap room? Perry could want upwards to 8+ and we are already at the cap that is presumed to go down.
And also this team would be at the end of the list that perry would want to play for. Not gonna happen.
Also if iggy walks that would mean this organization would have to rebuild. He is the face of the franchise.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Feel The Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I don't think they would let Iginla become a UFA. He will be traded or re-signed

Old
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Feel The Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
With what cap room? Perry could want upwards to 8+ and we are already at the cap that is presumed to go down.
And also this team would be at the end of the list that perry would want to play for. Not gonna happen.
Also if iggy walks that would mean this organization would have to rebuild. He is the face of the franchise.
The Flames have 20.7 Million coming off the books at the end of the year with 14 players remaining under contract.