Old
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
One thing you do not understand here:

Jonathan Drouin Halifax, Mooseheads 42 36 57 93

This guy leads the Q in scoring at 17 YO!

The last one to do just that was.....Crosby.

Why pursue a phantom when you could pursue the next star of the NHL?

Soderberg is freaking 28 YO and never played in NA.
Sure, we would all love to have Drouin but the price to get him would be crazy and unrealistic for a team in the Bruins' situation. Soderberg is realistic as the Bruins (supposedly) still own his rights without giving up any assets, quite different compared to the premium assets it would take to give up to get Drouin.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
I'm convinced the Carl Soderberg is just PJ Axelsson in disguise.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrim View Post
Plenty of north americans will be in the draft, no? I'm just saying having talks with Söderberg has nothing to do with Jonathan fracking Druoin...
Precisely. One has nothing to do with the other.

If the Bruins so choose they could have both.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:58 AM
kebab

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...ter-slutspelet

For you who dont understand swedish.
It's a interview with Svenåke Svensson, (typical swedish name ) scout for Boston in Sweden.

Short story. He says Carl feels ready to try play in the NHL and it's possible he can travel after Linköpings season ends.

SEL playoffs starts on March 3

Old
02-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab View Post

It's a interview with Svenåke Svensson, (typical swedish name ) scout for Boston in Sweden.

Short story. He says Carl feels ready to try play in the NHL and it's possible he can travel after Linköpings season ends.

Carl Soderberg...have you hacked kebab's account?! Did the google translate. Thanks or this.

We are convinced he is a leprechaun riding a unicorn with a mermaid on in tow.

Imagine if he came here and played solid on our third line with Pevs and Kelly? This Bruins board would explode.

Last edited by Cory Trevor: 02-27-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old
02-27-2013, 05:54 AM
MioneRask134

Quote:

Carl is not a Yeti, he's a real boy Pinocchio dammit. Just picture this in the black and gold. He looks like he'll fit right in. He's got my beloved Vladdy Sobotka hairstyle.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
EverettMike

I'm going to need Soderberg to come over here, become an instant sensation, have The Yeti nickname become huge, and then reap the financial rewards.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:

Sorry Carl. Go opposing team go!!

I wonder if the expectations in Boston are going to be to great for Carl to handle after all this time. Hope he is mentally tough.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Bruinator

Just going to throw this out there for the haters who seem pissed that he has not come over yet and continually postponed that proposition. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Carl wanted to play in the lesser leagues with bigger ice surfaces and less physical play until he got used to playing with his limitted vision in his injured eye and felt comfortable that he could perform in the NHL without getting injured? Just throwing that out there.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:37 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
Just going to throw this out there for the haters who seem pissed that he has not come over yet and continually postponed that proposition. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, Carl wanted to play in the lesser leagues with bigger ice surfaces and less physical play until he got used to playing with his limitted vision in his injured eye and felt comfortable that he could perform in the NHL without getting injured? Just throwing that out there.
If it were a year or two, you could maybe make a case for that. However, we're talking 5 seasons later, so I don't think that has anything to do with his not coming over.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
If it were a year or two, you could maybe make a case for that. However, we're talking 5 seasons later, so I don't think that has anything to do with his not coming over.
Think your right, guy likes playing at home, making what I assume is solid $$. I`m not so sure he could play the NHL game, skill or not, Fabian Brunnstrom was the last big hype guy that had far too many teams rolling out the red carpet for him in hopes of getting him to sign on with their team.............where`s he playing again

Old
02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think your right, guy likes playing at home, making what I assume is solid $$. I`m not so sure he could play the NHL game, skill or not, Fabian Brunnstrom was the last big hype guy that had far too many teams rolling out the red carpet for him in hopes of getting him to sign on with their team.............where`s he playing again
I'm not even sure why I'm getting myself into this ridiculous discussion again, but: Since you love comparing Söderberg to Brunnström so much, why dontcha take a look at and compare their stats in the SEL this year?

(Since you don't seem like a guy who does much research, here's some help: There's a 39 point difference between the two - guess who scored the most?)

Old
02-28-2013, 01:05 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

If Carl is truly serious about coming over after the SEL playoffs i roll out the red carpet.

he could instantly help our 3rd line if he makes a smooth transition.

so having said that im rooting for a quick playoff exit so he comes over very soon.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
I'm not even sure why I'm getting myself into this ridiculous discussion again, but: Since you love comparing Söderberg to Brunnström so much, why dontcha take a look at and compare their stats in the SEL this year?

(Since you don't seem like a guy who does much research, here's some help: There's a 39 point difference between the two - guess who scored the most?)
The haters just won't give it up. If he comes over, no doubt, they'll be hoping he fails, just for the sake of making their point.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Yes, yes, yes. Please come.

I really hope he gives it a shot. He'd get a spot right away and he's a HUGE improvement over Bourque. COME. AND ALSO, GET SWEPT IN THE FIRST ROUND.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Who knows.. maybe Chia is holding off on making a move right now in hopes Soderberg's team is knocked out early and can slide him in with Peverley and Kelly (assuming he wasn't lying about coming to the States after this season)

Would be kind of a gamble on Chia's part to wait him out and not look for someone right now though but the Bruins aren't in a situation where they *need* someone right now thanks to their winning ways.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:34 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
The haters just won't give it up. If he comes over, no doubt, they'll be hoping he fails, just for the sake of making their point.
Not true at all. I've been one of his biggest critics here over the last five years, but I'd happily eat a giant plate of crow if he came over and played well.

What I've always taken issue with was his constantly changing stance on coming or staying. That's really the heart of why I've discounted everything he says.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
bosbruin

Why is this tread still up? Soderberg is NEVER going to play for the Bruins let alone any NHL team. Please remove this tired thread?

Old
02-28-2013, 03:45 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

You don't have to read it, better yet, HF makes it really easy to ignore threads by clicking the little x on the top right of every thread title on the main page

How much would be fair to offer Carl if he was only able to come over for half of April and the playoffs, for example?

Old
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
Why is this tread still up? Soderberg is NEVER going to play for the Bruins let alone any NHL team. Please remove this tired thread?

In case it was hard to find...

Old
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Yes, yes, yes. Please come.

I really hope he gives it a shot. He'd get a spot right away and he's a HUGE improvement over Bourque. COME. AND ALSO, GET SWEPT IN THE FIRST ROUND.
Linkoping tank thread?

Might as well give him a shot. Longer regular season with the lockout is the perfect opportunity for the guy to play right away.

Seeing his big frame in action in the NHL for 20 games also will be good when it comes time to make the Horton decision.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
You don't have to read it, better yet, HF makes it really easy to ignore threads by clicking the little x on the top right of every thread title on the main page

How much would be fair to offer Carl if he was only able to come over for half of April and the playoffs, for example?
I think he's signed to an ELC that he signed in St. Louis.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Not true at all. I've been one of his biggest critics here over the last five years, but I'd happily eat a giant plate of crow if he came over and played well.

What I've always taken issue with was his constantly changing stance on coming or staying. That's really the heart of why I've discounted everything he says.
You want that crow grilled, or smoked?

Old
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
You want that crow grilled, or smoked?
Like he's never said he was coming over before and then pulled change of heart at the last second? He comes and plays well, I'll happily eat at least a few servings. He doesn't come, you can expect I'll be playing chef and offering my own dish for consumption. With his track record, the odds are heavily in my favor, so bon appétit...

Old
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Neely08

Ok, so who's this guy?

Further, can we include his rights in any deal that brings a 3rd line scorer, or other, this year?

Closed Thread