HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 12:23 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
So the Spits will delete all 14 09 draft picks at the end of this year? I imagine a 10 draft pick like Deeley has been deleted, Vespi and maybe a couple more. I doubt many 11 picks have been deleted and it balances out with acquiring players like Koekkoek and trading Maletta. I take it McCann is/will be deleted, maybe McNaughton. So they probably have close to 20 spots to fill come draft time?
Thats about right,when u consider 14 draft picks in the enrty draft,2 Euro picks,2 or 3
free agents,and 2 O/As
They may even delete a couple from this year,ie Billings,Byckowsky,Kotsovos

Old
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Ottomatic

Kennedy was on his deathbed though, if fact I seem to remember Kennedy was on life support in ICU and how him being given his last rites was webcast by Barrie so Branch and Co could watch it during the Kassian disciplinary hearing.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Ottomatic

Spits shouldn't dress Bilcke tonight either with Bowen and Clark out because if his hand isn't healed he's liable to say F-it and start chucking em anyways if London is running fools left and right. At least one Rupert is out, but the dumber one is still around, as is Mom Jeans.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
OHLTG

"mom jeans"?

Maybe tonight is the time to play with their heads a bit. Bilcke will dress, no question about it. But, if someone wants him to go, have some fun, draw a penalty, and go from there.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Ottomatic

Mom Jeans aka mom genes

Max Domi, cause he sure didn't get Daddy's tough guy genes.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Mom Jeans aka mom genes

Max Domi, cause he sure didn't get Daddy's tough guy genes.
That is for sure. Although I think we all saw that coming when he cried his way to London

Old
02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
aresknights

That is a good one. Made me laugh last year and still does

Mama Jeans is even featured on the Spits site for tonights game--SPits Johnson vs. Knights Domi

Im sure Windsor would have upped the 3 2nds if he had them on the short list. Save the 2nds from Devlin/ Marchese trades throw in another and youd have one helluva pair to build next year around.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
OHLTG

Hahaha...that's awesome!! The kid has talent, no question, but his hit-and-run mentality...

Old
02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
That is for sure. Although I think we all saw that coming when he cried his way to London
Good one

That deal for Dummy wasnt cooked was it??? Look the other way David Branch....good job.

Hey if London wins the mem cup does it degrade the win since he cried his way there???

Just asking.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Sec108

Off to the game....not expecting much tonight, just hope we can hang in for a couple periods before we run out of gas.Looking forward to seeing Aleardi and Koko for the last couple of games.

Go Spits!!!! and Rangers and Whalers kick London in the groin plz.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Ottomatic

(Yes, I got mad MSPaint skills)

Old
02-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Sec108

Pretty gutsy effort by the Spits.Not your usual W/L matchup but what can you say about Aleardi again.That kid is a work horse.Should have had a Pen.Shot oh his breakaway IMO.Could have changed the game.

A couple of bounces their way and Spits could have had a win.Seemed like ref's were looking for anything to get london back in the game when it was tied.Officiating wasnt bad but london had the edge that wasnt called.

Bone head move by Bilke looking for a fight at that juncture of the game.

Not diappointed though the boys did the best under the circumstances.

But if i was london i would be very afraid.with the playoffs very near they should be firing on all cylinders but they look quite boring on most shifts.I believe Locke and co. have a very good shot in that first round.Dont count Saginaw out for sure.

I predict London will not win the OHL.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
OHLTG

One bounce really can change the flow of a game. The third London goal, the bounce behind the net, was one of the strangest goals all season. You could tell the Spits were deflated at that point. Come back to tie it up at two, then have that happen?

London played well all game, but Windsor sure didn't back down. This team isn't giving up and I love that. Pavelka stood on his head, Vail with a couple of big assists, and Aleardi played like something was seriously on the line. The Aleardi deal was hands-down the best of the season.

Not sure what happened with the Bilcke stuff. Looked like a legit hit (was right below us), then the official calls him for roughing? I'll have to see it again on replay, but it didn't look like it was anything out of the ordinary.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Sec108

That Bilke penalty was indeed strange I was a bit away from it but it looked like he was trying to goad someone from london to go, maybe someone else can give their view.seems like any big hit these days is head check or boarding or whatever.

I also like the fact that the Spits arent folding, I can accept a loss but at least theyre was effort and hustle out there.Even though playoffs are history.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:31 PM
OHLTG

From our angle, it really didn't look like anything more than Bilcke went to hit the guy and the official didn't like it. Bilcke had the "are you serious?" look on his face.

Now, we want to talk about trying to fight...Leroux REALLY wanted Ebert.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Pretty gutsy effort by the Spits.Not your usual W/L matchup but what can you say about Aleardi again.That kid is a work horse.Should have had a Pen.Shot oh his breakaway IMO.Could have changed the game.

A couple of bounces their way and Spits could have had a win.Seemed like ref's were looking for anything to get london back in the game when it was tied.Officiating wasnt bad but london had the edge that wasnt called.

Bone head move by Bilke looking for a fight at that juncture of the game.

Not diappointed though the boys did the best under the circumstances.

But if i was london i would be very afraid.with the playoffs very near they should be firing on all cylinders but they look quite boring on most shifts.I believe Locke and co. have a very good shot in that first round.Dont count Saginaw out for sure.

I predict London will not win the OHL.

Agree with most every thing you have written
my take on the game after a poor 1st period,gutsy effort,officiating definitely favoured the Knights not surprised,Aleardi actually drew 2 penalties on that breakaway when he hacked by Domi coming out from his own net,then hacked by
Horvat should have been a penalty shot especially 5 on 3 no balls ref
Lucky goal by the Knights to get the go ahead goal,then the PP goal on the call on Bilcke,that late in the game and 3-2 bad call
Terrible call on Vail to give Kniights 2 man adv in the 2nd,Spits dont get 2 man adv all nite
Hey with 7 guys out to 3 for the other side a predictable result,the stripes ,just helped the cause along
Nice game by Graham,picked up an assist,its his last game till his team is knocked out
He had 2 assists last nite for Stoney Creek in a 5-2 loss

Old
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Nice to see Dale the knob Hunter dress Paxton LeDouche tonite,looking for trouble for a good part of the nite,nice to pick a fight with Ebert,think Ebert told I only fight hockey players lol,refs did not have the balls to whistle him off,then penalize Bilcke middle of third
in a 1 goal game,if its not homicide let it go,especially when u let LeDouche get away with
his shenanigins early in the contest,officials probably thought Knights needed the help to lock the game down,after the Knights blew a 2 goal lead earlier,it worked Knights score on the PP after the spits did a nice job killing penalties all night,especially the 5 on 3 when Vail got the brutal call for interference

Old
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
etr102

I received my STH renewal package in the mail today. Looks like the Early Bird Renewal is $580 for adult seats, which is exactly what I paid last year IIRC. Nice to see that there's no increase. I think the powers that be have finally realized that they've reached the limit that the market will bear.

Does anybody know when the Season Ticket Seat Exchange usually is held? I'm getting tired of my seats in 109 and was thinking of moving to another section next year.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
I received my STH renewal package in the mail today. Looks like the Early Bird Renewal is $580 for adult seats, which is exactly what I paid last year IIRC. Nice to see that there's no increase. I think the powers that be have finally realized that they've reached the limit that the market will bear.
Are your seats the most affordable, most expensive, or in the middle? I seem to remember my Colts tickets being $600 and something, but they were higher than average in the BMC (restaurant seats). I thought it was a little pricey but mostly fair at the time (especially didn't like that they didn't have child pricing either). Now I'm thinking that was a steal... Here in Edmonton, they want over $1000/each for the best seats to the Oil Kings (cheapest is $525)!

Old
02-28-2013, 11:47 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post

Does anybody know when the Season Ticket Seat Exchange usually is held? I'm getting tired of my seats in 109 and was thinking of moving to another section next year.
Anything on Memorial Cup stuff?

Old
03-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Ottomatic

London is already selling Mem Cup packages...

Old
03-01-2013, 09:01 AM
etr102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Anything on Memorial Cup stuff?
No pricing on Memorial Cup, only a paragraph stating that STHs will be guaranteed access to Memorial Cup packages when they go on sale (if Windsor is the host). I forget the exact wording.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:44 AM
etr102

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Are your seats the most affordable, most expensive, or in the middle? I seem to remember my Colts tickets being $600 and something, but they were higher than average in the BMC (restaurant seats). I thought it was a little pricey but mostly fair at the time (especially didn't like that they didn't have child pricing either). Now I'm thinking that was a steal... Here in Edmonton, they want over $1000/each for the best seats to the Oil Kings (cheapest is $525)!
$580 is the Early Bird price for pretty much every seat in the arena except for the premium (Platinum Seating) sections. The catch is that you have to buy before May 23rd. Most STHs use this option. If you don't meet that deadline, then you will have to pay the undiscounted price of $814. $814 is crazy high, so one would be foolish to not take advantage of the early bird price.

The Platinum Seating sections don't have their prices advertised anywhere, but they involve purchasing a personal seat license. From what I've heard they cost roughly twice as much as the rest of the arena.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
youngblood10

It would be hard to justify an increase in pricing when the Spits management struggled to field a team this season. They should throw in some perks for those who sat through this season. It really was the worst season I can ever remember given the expectations, debacles and bad luck. You reap what you sow....Or as to be known from here on out as the first year of the Cogeco Curse (C).

Old
03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London is already selling Mem Cup packages...
Why wouldn't they? Branch has already unofficially awarded the Knights the 2014 hosting rights. I hear 2017 and 2020 is also coming back to familiar territory. It's nice being a fan of the team where the commish, referees and linesmen cater to every need, want, and desire that is put out there by Dale and Mark Hunter. Other teams want to bid, hell, they should just form their own league.

Closed Thread