HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
0point1
Custom User Title

vCash: 450
**** this never ends

Old
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Coyotes enjoying increased attendance
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ed-attendance/
lol @ first comment: "Suck it Quebec" (best read in voice of Sean Connery imitator on SNL)

Old
02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
lol @ first comment: "Suck it Quebec" (best read in voice of Sean Connery imitator on SNL)
First time I got a chuckle from something on the business side of our hockey team.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Fyi their interview was pushed back till tomorrow. I guess that Mayor is suppose to have info on his scheme in his presser tonight.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:43 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Fyi their interview was pushed back till tomorrow. I guess that Mayor is suppose to have info on his scheme in his presser tonight.
If it's the 4 contract ********, pack the bags.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:02 PM
lockstock

This blows me away. It's March 2013. If we don't make the playoffs, the season ends in 2 months, April 27th. The anchor tenant might not be here next season. Here is a complete listing of events scheduled at Jobing.com Arena:
May 28th,29th Taylor Swift
June -
July 14th NKotB, 98 Degrees and BoysIIMen
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
January -

WTF?! The level of incompetence shown by the city in dealing with this fiasco at every level is staggering. How is this not being talked about in CoG meetings?
Westgate is going to die if something isn't done soon. Sometimes you just have to step up and take your licks. Only reasons they have to sit idly by are because they really think ownership will be kept in Glendale, the NHL has promised not to take the money in escrow from last year, they're like ostriches with their hands buried in the sand, or ???

Old
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
XX
... Waiting

There are no performance clauses in the lease with regards to events booked. The NHL isn't being paid to book beyond the hockey season, either, so that's why it's blank. No one at the CoG seems terrible concerned that their arena is about to go completely dark, taking with it Westgate.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
lockstock

That's my point. How is no one making a fuss about it. The people of Glendale, the press, the city, the fans... If the team ends up leaving, it sucks, but at least you can rationalize why it failed the way it was implemented. Getting some shows booked and having a future plan is such an easy thing to get the ball rolling on. Why is it not being talked about by anyone?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Well never mind

"@PaulGiblinAriz: #Glendale's Weiers is finished. He said almost nothing about the #Coyotes and nothing about the city's budget."

Old
02-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

I'll just mention something from just shortly after we all found out the Jamison was full of ****. At the rate things are going right now; I only see 2 things that could happen given all that has gone on for the team to stay.

1. The team moves back to the USAirways Center. (A long shot but not as much of a long shot as the current council pushes a kind of deal that the previous councils has done.)

2. A Multi-Billionare comes in and buys the whole package outright which includes the arena, westgate, UofP Stadium, the AZ Cardinals. (A much bigger long **** here seeing that at minimum both UofP Stadium and the Cardinals would have to be put up for sale and neither are right now).

3. mmmmmm Tequila

Old
02-28-2013, 10:22 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Both of those have absolutely no shot of happening but with takillya, everything is possible!

Old
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

#1 does have a long shot of happening seeing that after the NHL gave in on the # of seats needed for a new arena when they allowed for the Islanders to move into the Barcleys Center; they have no choice but to explore this option if they want to save any remaining face.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Things that make ya wonder:

Sacramento group bids for Kings

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90...cramento-group

Old
03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Vip
fun must be always

vCash: 50
I've been contemplating getting a Yotes jersey for my birthday but at this point is it even worth it?

Old
03-01-2013, 06:06 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Things that make ya wonder:

Sacramento group bids for Kings

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/90...cramento-group
... and if the Kings don't go.... there's no way Seattle would build a new facility just for hockey, right? lol. Inertia.

So it's basically shaping up as Sacto and Phoenix vs. Seattle and Quebec? Two metro areas hoping to retain franchises vs two mourning long-lost ones?

Old
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I've been contemplating getting a Yotes jersey for my birthday but at this point is it even worth it?
Well that's a personal decision isn't it? FWIW, I have a Sting jersey in my closet, and I have a Roadrunners jersey in my closet and I have 10 different Coyotes jerseys in my closet.

I have been holding off buying a new one for the last 2 seasons, as I figured if they sold to JIG or someone to keep them here, they'd be getting a name change the next season (like Arizona Coyotes) and maybe a slight redesign of the jersey, so I'd wait for that.

I'd say if you don't have any Coyotes jerseys, go ahead and buy one of your favorite player - every fan should have at least one right? but if you've already got one or more... I couldn't fault you for waiting.

Plus, if they do move, the Den might have a clearance sale after the announcement, and then (if you still wanted one to remember them by) you could maybe get one cheaper if you jumped on it.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
#1 does have a long shot of happening seeing that after the NHL gave in on the # of seats needed for a new arena when they allowed for the Islanders to move into the Barcleys Center; they have no choice but to explore this option if they want to save any remaining face.
#1 is not as much of a long shot, given your point on the Islanders, as many think. Sprinkle in a little of #3 and yes anything is possible.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Vip
fun must be always

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Well that's a personal decision isn't it? FWIW, I have a Sting jersey in my closet, and I have a Roadrunners jersey in my closet and I have 10 different Coyotes jerseys in my closet.

I have been holding off buying a new one for the last 2 seasons, as I figured if they sold to JIG or someone to keep them here, they'd be getting a name change the next season (like Arizona Coyotes) and maybe a slight redesign of the jersey, so I'd wait for that.

I'd say if you don't have any Coyotes jerseys, go ahead and buy one of your favorite player - every fan should have at least one right? but if you've already got one or more... I couldn't fault you for waiting.

Plus, if they do move, the Den might have a clearance sale after the announcement, and then (if you still wanted one to remember them by) you could maybe get one cheaper if you jumped on it.
True. Would the Den even do a sale like that though? I feel like they would just dump all of the gear to a 3rd world country or something. What did the Thrashers do?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Do you remember the main reason the Yotes needed their own arena? It was the advertising revenue. The obstucted view seats were only used as an issue to make it look like the cared about the fans. Unless Sarver buys the team, God forbid, the new owners won't make enough money to play in that arena. If Colangelo wouldn't make the deal good enough to keep the team playing there, do you really think Sarver will? Throw in conflicts in scheduling where the Suns would get first dibbs on all the good dates and you have zero chance of the team moving back there.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Do you remember the main reason the Yotes needed their own arena? It was the advertising revenue.
It was because the team didn't have a favoriable lease when the teams only source of revenue was ticket sales and even then according to Hultzier the team did make a profit once in Downtown. Also, beggers can't be choosers.

FYI, the new arena where the Islanders are going to move to also has obstructive view seating and seats almost 2000 less for hockey than for hockey at the USAirways Center.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:54 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
FYI, the new arena where the Islanders are going to move to also has obstructive view seating and seats almost 2000 less for hockey than for hockey at the USAirways Center.
It. Is. In. New. York.

You guys are recycling garbage from a year or two ago. We've moved on to much better things to regurgitate and argue over.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Regardless of where the Islanders are, it doesn't change the fact when looking at the Coyotes history here in a fair and objective manner a certain saying comes to mind that still rings true; The grass isn't always greener somewhere else. Hell, sometimes one has to move back some in order to move forward in the future.

Anyways, regardless of what we think, it's all out of our hands.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Hmm...rumors a plenty that the Acting City Manager will get canned this week.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
They hired a recruiting firm to find a new manager at the last meeting. So it was pretty clear that Skeete was out. Just a matter of when.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:54 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
They hired a recruiting firm to find a new manager at the last meeting. So it was pretty clear that Skeete was out. Just a matter of when.
Add the city clerk to that list.

Emperor Weiers is cleaning house. And he's using a 3-3 split in the council to get done his way.

Closed Thread