HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 11:15 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't think you can judge a player like him based on one game, because he is far from Ellerby, his game style reminds me of Coburn more than Ellerby.

Lucky enough for me each Saskatoon game I watch, he plays a great game.
I agree with the Coburn comparison, I don't think Siemens ends up having the 5g 20a offensive potential. So a poor-man's Coburn is what I end up seeing.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree with the Coburn comparison, I don't think Siemens ends up having the 5g 20a offensive potential. So a poor-man's Coburn is what I end up seeing.
He moves the puck good enough to have that potential IMO. Siemens is a much better skater than Coburn.

LOL at everyone cringing at my comparison. Again, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A TWIN OF ELLERBY. He skates very well, makes a good first pass, and is willing to play quite physical. The thing that separates Ellerby from the rest of the guys mentioned (Seabrook, Jackman, Coburn) is his exceptional skating. Similar to Siemens. And Ellerby was a good junior. Good enough to be drafted 9th overall.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
He moves the puck good enough to have that potential IMO. Siemens is a much better skater than Coburn.

LOL at everyone cringing at my comparison. Again, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A TWIN OF ELLERBY. He skates very well, makes a good first pass, and is willing to play quite physical. The thing that separates Ellerby from the rest of the guys mentioned (Seabrook, Jackman, Coburn) is his exceptional skating. Similar to Siemens. And Ellerby was a good junior. Good enough to be drafted 9th overall.
I hope so and I agree. We will get a much better idea of who he will turn into next season in Lake Erie.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Yeah Siemens is much better skater, but I would say Coburn is much more physical on a consistent basis. Both can throw huge hits like when Siemens absolutely destroyed one kid at the top prospects game a couple years ago (can't find a video of it). If Duncan becomes anything like Coburn has then I think it would be classified as a successful pick.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:48 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

I am more interested on his +32

Old
02-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Yeah Siemens is much better skater, but I would say Coburn is much more physical on a consistent basis. Both can throw huge hits like when Siemens absolutely destroyed one kid at the top prospects game a couple years ago (can't find a video of it). If Duncan becomes anything like Coburn has then I think it would be classified as a successful pick.
Yeah but MAYBE, a lot of Avs fans will finally get their wish and Josh Kroenke will fire EVERYONE except the scouting staff. Then, he'll take applications for the GM position...hey, Don Waddell? That guy has experience.

Then Don Waddell can trade Siemens for today's equivalent of Alexei Zhitnik...so I guess that would be Jaroslav Spacek.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yeah but MAYBE, a lot of Avs fans will finally get their wish and Josh Kroenke will fire EVERYONE except the scouting staff. Then, he'll take applications for the GM position...hey, Don Waddell? That guy has experience.

Then Don Waddell can trade Siemens for today's equivalent of Alexei Zhitnik...so I guess that would be Jaroslav Spacek.
Cheer up. Have a cookie.

02-28-2013, 03:09 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

They obvious don't know it could get worst if we fire the whole staff. Front office has made smart decisions for 99% except when it comes to coaching.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:35 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
It was Baertschi IIRC.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:37 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
20a potential isn't really that high. I think he has that easily.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
It was Baertschi IIRC.
Oh yeah it was Bartschi! I remember I was pissed at Siemens (and liked Musil as a 2nd rounder for fighting him), because I really wanted Bartschi in an Avs jersey and thought if he got injured he would fall.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
ThunderBird

I can't wait for Seimens because I hate watching Power forwards run over our goalie and our defenseman help them up. I want a guy that will beat the tar out of those boys on the spot.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:55 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Bye Stefan Elliott

i don't follow the ohl much at all, but it seems heard and meurs are linemates and have been putting up points at a decent pace, i wonder if this has management decide to sign meurs to an elc in the off-season.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Cheer up. Have a cookie.

Yum-yum-yum it's delicious!

Old
03-02-2013, 09:49 AM
iceberg

I agree... the Kroenkes couldn't care less about the Avs and the on ice product. So changing the FO could be worse.

Better keep the mediocrity we have right now.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
cgf

If Sherman were just mediocre we'd be the oilers, flames or Bluejackets. Sherman's a good GM. Our Coach is god awful, but I'm not sure that's Sherm the Werm's fault.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
If Sherman were just mediocre we'd be the oilers, flames or Bluejackets. Sherman's a good GM. Our Coach is god awful, but I'm not sure that's Sherm the Werm's fault.

12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus

Old
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus
Exactly....

Old
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus
Which is pretty damn amazing since we've been missing 3 of our best players for most of the season and have Sacco behind the bench. Take RNH, Hall and Schultz off of Edmonton for the amount of time we've missed ROR, Landy and EJ, and they'd have already locked up another 1st overall pick.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
i don't follow the ohl much at all, but it seems heard and meurs are linemates and have been putting up points at a decent pace, i wonder if this has management decide to sign meurs to an elc in the off-season.
They will need to sign him before June 1st if they want to retain him.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
I agree... the Kroenkes couldn't care less about the Avs and the on ice product. So changing the FO could be worse.

Better keep the mediocrity we have right now.
I really don't get this line of thinking. I would think having a FO that cares about the on-ice product has to be better than one that doesn't.

To stick with mediocrity because you're afraid a change would be worse is silly, IMO.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Michael Clarke has been such a disappointment so far in Peterborough. Blandisi on the other hand could be a steal, already PPG player getting ice time, and leading a very young club.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Plymoth seems pretty stacked up front now they have Heard and Rakell back. Trocheck is looking like a great third round pick by Florida.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:35 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Michael Clarke has been such a disappointment so far in Peterborough. Blandisi on the other hand could be a steal, already PPG player getting ice time, and leading a very young club.
Absolutely hated the Clarke and Heard picks in our last draft. Clarke just looked crappy from the beginning and Heard was drafted way too high.

Clarke will be one that never sees an ELC.

Blandisi will have an opportunity as he does have some skill, he was just on a stacked Owen Sound team and didn't get many opportunities now that he is getting time in Ottawa he seems to be showing glimpses of being a solid offensive player.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I haven't watched Clarke much this season, but was able to see him a lot the last two and I think he has some really good potential, picture a less talented version of Downie. But his consistency is just crazy and I don't think he has gotten a point in his last 4-6 games.

Closed Thread