HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  #51
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Right now? Sure you have a little leverage(still not a lot). But with every passing day as the deadline gets closer the leverage gets smaller.
Not really. Teams' needs will appear more important to them come deadline day. Teams find themselves in positions very similar come deadline day, and it's still where overpayments happen. The market drives the price. There's a lot more leverage in that than in what the Ducks can and cannot do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
At the end of the day, for 29 GM's it now appears to be a fact that on July 4th if Perry is still in control of the Ducks, then on July 5th he is going to be a UFA for all 29 teams to take a stab at.
Obviously, but that's not what things are limited to. No GM trading for Perry trades for him for future purposes only. The remainder of this season plays a huge role for everyone that's going to be interest. As always with rentals. It's nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
So they might have some leverage now, but if they're expecting a 1st round pick and a good young player in return, they better have said deal made within the next few weeks.
Within the five weeks until deadline, exactly. After the season, his negotiation rights will be almost worthless, given the changes made to unrestricted free agency (the new "audition period" prior to the first day of free agency). That's pretty clear. But that's really enough leverage. And if we're still looking decent at the deadline, it's obvious the Ducks will look at keeping him for a strong playoff run to have quite some value, so that they will not simply take anything they can get.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
  #52
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,098
vCash: 500
if he gets traded there's no way I see them doing it inter-conference. next year whatever, not when they control his rights

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  #53
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I was gonna say this has Toronto written all over it, but then I realized Burkes no longer GM. Something like Phaneuf and Kessel for Perry would've made so much sense. (With a new contract w/Leafs signed before trade confirmed.)


Last edited by Cook24: 02-28-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  #54
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,201
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I was gonna say this has Toronto written all over it, but then I realized Burkes no longer GM. Something like Phaneuf and Kessel for Perry would've made so much sense. ( I think Phaneuf lives in Socal during summer if im not mistaken)


Our captain and our best player for an impending UFA makes sense to you??? What happens in 2 months when Perry walks away for nothing?

And Phaneuf lives in PEI in the summer, where did you get Socal from???

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
  #55
TripleDekeGloveSide
Registered User
 
TripleDekeGloveSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
if he gets traded there's no way I see them doing it inter-conference. next year whatever, not when they control his rights
This is actually interesting to think about too. For all of you saying that the Ducks have little power in the situation and that the return wont be as great, IF he were to be traded before the deadline, I would expect the Ducks to get a better return from a team in the Western Conference versus the East. It only seems right that in order for the Ducks to accept a trade of one of the better players in the game to a West team, that team would have to pay more than a team in the East just due to the fact that the Ducks would have a better chance of facing him that year. After that it is up to him to go wherever so it doesnt matter.

Also, to those saying hes not worth any assets right now because he'll for sure be a UFA, THere is no doubt that there is some value in the fact that he can play for your team, get to know the people, the organization and the city as starting point to getting him to sign with your team. Not only are you trading for his playing ability for your cup run but you are also trading for the rights to negotiate with him and his agent. Just those rights are worth something in the market. No team will bid on him knowing that he doesnt want to re-sign with them either. I dont think he's solely after free agency but more so a different environment and team to build his abilities around. People like change. Looks like Perry is one of those guys.

On a side note . . . people with fare skin like Perry usually dont stick around in SoCal very long anyway. Just not good for his health, really . . .

TripleDekeGloveSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  #56
Kulleroinen
Oilers!
 
Kulleroinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Ryan Smyth. When Perry walks out, it is two flies with one swat!

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:52 PM
  #57
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
$8.3M/year for 7 years in July when he will be UFA and will cost no assets.
bingo. i have a feeling he will sign in OTT though.

Spezza Karlsson Anderson. 'nough said.


I dont think there i a chanc3 in h*** he signs in TO

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
  #58
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Wow, Ducks fans seriously need to tone down there expectations of the return here. I'd doubt Philly moves even Couturier or Schenn alone for Perry, and your expecting significant +'s?

Maybe Simmonds for Perry, even that would be a hard sell to Philly IMO.
The 1st will be a low pick, and a signed Perry is worth that easily. No need to "tone down" anything.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
  #59
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
The 1st will be a low pick, and a signed Perry is worth that easily. No need to "tone down" anything.
No, he's right, we will not be receiving the amount that you're asking for. That is more than Kovy and Hossa got.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:05 PM
  #60
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,331
vCash: 500
If he's going to be traded, I think the market for him will get hot. Acquiring a player ahead of him hitting the market can be huge for your chances, like with Kovalchuk. And if he's just decided to move on from Anaheim, I could see the Ducks allowing teams to negotiate with him in advance, which could significantly boost any package.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
  #61
Old Man Barking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Spooner, knight, 1st

Horton, 1st, boychuck

Horton, spooner, 3rd
Done. Maybe add a 3rd/4th pick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kessel for Perry
Grabovski + Kulemin + conditional pick for Perry
Done if that pick is 1st if Perry re-signs with Toronto. If not, it's a 2nd.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:14 PM
  #62
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No, he's right, we will not be receiving the amount that you're asking for. That is more than Kovy and Hossa got.
Kovy and Hossa weren't signed. If they are talking about terms that a new team would agree upon, I don't see any reason why he couldn't possibly be signed before he was traded.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
  #63
Todds Chiropractory
Registered User
 
Todds Chiropractory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 50
Ill take a stab at er.

To Washington:
Schneider
Kassian

To Vancouver:
Johansen
Carlson
Neuvirth

To Anaheim:
Johansen
Booth
Ballard

To Vancouver:
Perry

Anaheim gets a young #2 center, a forward for their top 6, and an upgrade on D, and most importantly stays competitive this year. Prospects could replace booth/ballard if that is what would be preferred but a move like this keeps Anaheim in the hunt.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
  #64
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Kovy and Hossa weren't signed. If they are talking about terms that a new team would agree upon, I don't see any reason why he couldn't possibly be signed before he was traded.
I would be surprised if he did that. If the idea is to win why make the team you are going to sign with worse?

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
  #65
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No, he's right, we will not be receiving the amount that you're asking for. That is more than Kovy and Hossa got.
Realistically, if the Ducks trade Perry, I think they get more. Perry as a rental is very attractive to cap-strapped teams who are going all-in this year(and never has there been a better year to do just that). That's not much, but then there's teams who want to lock him up and get that head start, and some, like Montreal and Ottawa, are also right in the thick of things. Then there's teams that are outright desperate, who could largely drive the market.

If Perry wants out, Murray would be smart to allow Perry to negotiate with other teams now and help facilitate such a move. It would net him a better return and could help greatly drive the market for him.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
  #66
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Kovy and Hossa weren't signed. If they are talking about terms that a new team would agree upon, I don't see any reason why he couldn't possibly be signed before he was traded.
Which sign and trade are you using as evidence that is the case?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:29 PM
  #67
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Realistically, if the Ducks trade Perry, I think they get more. Perry as a rental is very attractive to cap-strapped teams who are going all-in this year(and never has there been a better year to do just that). That's not much, but then there's teams who want to lock him up and get that head start, and some, like Montreal and Ottawa, are also right in the thick of things. Then there's teams that are outright desperate, who could largely drive the market.

If Perry wants out, Murray would be smart to allow Perry to negotiate with other teams now and help facilitate such a move. It would net him a better return and could help greatly drive the market for him.
It didn't significantly jack up Burns's value, what reason do you have to think that other than you wanting more?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
  #68
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
Chuck Fletcher might be interested. Wild have a depth prospect pool but they need another difference maker at forward besides Parise and Koivu.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:38 PM
  #69
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Ill take a stab at er.

To Washington:
Schneider
Kassian

To Vancouver:
Johansen
Carlson
Neuvirth

To Anaheim:
Johansen
Booth
Ballard

To Vancouver:
Perry

Anaheim gets a young #2 center, a forward for their top 6, and an upgrade on D, and most importantly stays competitive this year. Prospects could replace booth/ballard if that is what would be preferred but a move like this keeps Anaheim in the hunt.
Meh

Vancouver gains Perry, Carlson and Neuvirth
Vancouver Loses, Schneider, Kassian, Booth, Ballard

I'm not sure how I feel about it... I don't hate it, I don't like it either..

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
  #70
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It didn't significantly jack up Burns's value, what reason do you have to think that other than you wanting more?
Well, aside from the obvious differences between Burns and Perry, it's a bit of a different ballgame. There really isn't much outbidding that can be realistically done on the FA market, Perry likely gets similar offers from every team, so that extra year is a big plus. There's also a desperation factor from certain teams, teams that need every advantage they can get if they want to make a deal for Perry.

If Perry is traded, unless he agrees to something, I don't think we'll see a monumental package, but I do think we'll net a greater return than what Atlanta received for Kovalchuk or Hossa. Especially when we're 2nd in the entire league and are obviously making some kind of a run of our own. I'm sure there'll be an emphasis on guys who can play now, not just prospects.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
  #71
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Well, aside from the obvious differences between Burns and Perry, it's a bit of a different ballgame. There really isn't much outbidding that can be realistically done on the FA market, Perry likely gets similar offers from every team, so that extra year is a big plus. There's also a desperation factor from certain teams, teams that need every advantage they can get if they want to make a deal for Perry.

If Perry is traded, unless he agrees to something, I don't think we'll see a monumental package, but I do think we'll net a greater return than what Atlanta received for Kovalchuk or Hossa. Especially when we're 2nd in the entire league and are obviously making some kind of a run of our own. I'm sure there'll be an emphasis on guys who can play now, not just prospects.
This sounds like some of the same brand of madness that afflicted a handful of Devils fans last year. The only real difference between now and when those players left Atlanta is that we have the ability to go an extra year in a sign and trade. You have no idea what that is worth to anyone. We have no reason to think that it breaks open some massive bidding war that sees, what was it, Schenn, Laughton, and a 1st being offered. That is a ridiculously Lindrossian expectation.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
  #72
CAMSANITY
Registered User
 
CAMSANITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grove City
Country: United States
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Perry to Columbus for NYR 1st+Brassard+Johansen

EDIT: As long as he signs a deal

CAMSANITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  #73
waitin425
Registered User
 
waitin425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Based on the proposals Habs wait until free agency. We wouldn't gut our depth when we have the cap space at the end of the year to make this happen. If we rent him at the deadline with hopes of resigning him its......

Gio
Tinordi or beaulieu
And 2013 1st

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
  #74
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This sounds like some of the same brand of madness that afflicted a handful of Devils fans last year. The only real difference between now and when those players left Atlanta is that we have the ability to go an extra year in a sign and trade. You have no idea what that is worth to anyone. We have no reason to think that it breaks open some massive bidding war that sees, what was it, Schenn, Laughton, and a 1st being offered. That is a ridiculously Lindrossian expectation.
I actually flat out said I didn't think we'd see a monumental package, just better than what Kovy and Hossa got. And no, I don't know, it's all educated guessing at this point, but at least it's educated.

Oh, and the extra year is huge, believe that. Not as big as the original proposed 2 year advantage, but now that creativity has been stifled and the cap is dropping back a bit, any advantage is big. The NHL has never seen this before, but it influenced the NBA quite a bit, and it should drive the market. I wouldn't be shocked if the Ducks got a first or more likely second rounder for Perry in July, that's how much the extra year thing could change things in the NHL.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:05 PM
  #75
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I actually flat out said I didn't think we'd see a monumental package, just better than what Kovy and Hossa got. And no, I don't know, it's all educated guessing at this point, but at least it's educated.

Oh, and the extra year is huge, believe that. Not as big as the original proposed 2 year advantage, but now that creativity has been stifled and the cap is dropping back a bit, any advantage is big. The NHL has never seen this before, but it influenced the NBA quite a bit, and it should drive the market. I wouldn't be shocked if the Ducks got a first or more likely second rounder for Perry in July, that's how much the extra year thing could change things in the NHL.
Till evidence of that surfaces, it isn't educated. We don't have a trade yet that would provide a context that would allow for that.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.