HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
15:25 a game, 2:42 a game on the PP. The rest is basically all 5-on-5
thank you,
I think he is best suited for a 3rd line wing...but than again most of our wingers are.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It is questionable that he'd come here, though we'd have a good argument. Our future has more stability than the Ducks, a lot of his friends are on the Kings, and he wouldn't have to move. However, I don't see any possible way whatsoever that we could afford him. Offering another $7.5 million deal for 7 years seems impossible for us.

Imagine the scenario though, that the Ducks keep him and make a run for it, making a trade on another rental wasting assets, and then they fail in the playoffs (we eliminate them or something > and then they lose him via free agency for nothing, and then we sign him.... That is like one of the greatest things that could ever happen for us and most devastating that could ever happen to the Ducks. Would be glorious

Hell, they might lose both Perry and Getzlaf for nothing this upcoming summer...
They could loose both but since many of the teams that like to throw big money around are cap restrained at the 64.3M for next year it helps them. Of course the best thing they have going for them is the fact they are winning, but how long will it last before they come back down to earth?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
They could loose both but since many of the teams that like to throw big money around are cap restrained at the 64.3M for next year it helps them. Of course the best thing they have going for them is the fact they are winning, but how long will it last before they come back down to earth?
Coudl also be the worse thing that they are winning. If they were out of the playoffs they would be more likely to trade these guys for good assets. Since they are winnign they are more likely to keep them and potentially lose them for nothing.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Not to swing this into a Ducks thread, but they are set to see Getzlaf, Selanne, Perry and Koivu all leave as UFA's, along with Tony Lydman. That is some serious meat.

On the flip side, they'd have $28.6 million in cap space to play with in an off-season where likely few teams will have much of anything to work with (barring amnesty buyouts) and needing to really only add two defensemen (likely depth D-men) and seven forwards, of which three will likely be depth guys. I'm not sure what's available, but if they can talk Koivu and Sellane into coming back at or even less than their current salary, the Ducks could be singing, especially if they elect to deal Hiller for some assets.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
johnjm22

The fact that Anaheim is playing so well puts them in an even more difficult situation in regards to Perry/Getzlaf.

If they were losing it'd be much easier to just trade them away and get what they can for them.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
SFKingshomer

ANA has to get something for Perry and it won't be very much if he insists on testing the FA market. I love it!

Old
02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Not to swing this into a Ducks thread, but they are set to see Getzlaf, Selanne, Perry and Koivu all leave as UFA's, along with Tony Lydman. That is some serious meat.

On the flip side, they'd have $28.6 million in cap space to play with in an off-season where likely few teams will have much of anything to work with (barring amnesty buyouts) and needing to really only add two defensemen (likely depth D-men) and seven forwards, of which three will likely be depth guys. I'm not sure what's available, but if they can talk Koivu and Sellane into coming back at or even less than their current salary, the Ducks could be singing, especially if they elect to deal Hiller for some assets.
i blieve they have an internal cap.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i blieve they have an internal cap.
I'd assume so as well, but that could change for next season. Any idea what it is?

Old
02-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Winger23

All this talk about the schmucks leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hope they fall flat on their faces and lose everyone.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
DeeMeck

Better if Anaheim stays in the hunt for the Kings. I don't see them coming back. If the Ducks can hang around the playoff race long enough they won't get anything in return for them.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:41 PM
johnjm22

So the Flames have sent an offer sheet to Ryan O'Reilly. Interesting.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
So the Flames have sent an offer sheet to Ryan O'Reilly. Interesting.
he signed it and the second year is 6.5. doubt avalanche matches it. they should have traded him unless calgary's 1st is a lottery pick.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

The QO of 6.5 after next year for O'Reilly is brutal. I like O'Reilly, but guaranteeing he's a UFA at 23 or paid 6.5 after having one pretty good season? Also, that would be the same offseason Duchene and Landeskog need new deals. This would also mean that the Flames wouldn't be picking in the draft until the 4th round (Montreal has their second)

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 02-28-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
he signed it and the second year is 6.5. doubt avalanche matches it. they should have traded him unless calgary's 1st is a lottery pick.
It's not like Col doesn't have the cap space. I'll admit I haven't looked at what they have as a budget. But 5M AAV is still not a hard thing to swallow. And if they don't want to pay it sign him pay him for this year and make a trade next year at the deadline to drop some of the salary.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
It's not like Col doesn't have the cap space. I'll admit I haven't looked at what they have as a budget. But 5M AAV is still not a hard thing to swallow. And if they don't want to pay it sign him pay him for this year and make a trade next year at the deadline to drop some of the salary.
There are several problems though:

The 5M AAV isn't the problem, it's the guaranteed 6.5 QO he would get after next season. That is also the same offseason Duchene and Landeskog need new deals.

They can't trade him at the trade deadline next year. Remember, the deadline is going to be moved back up to right around now next year and they can't trade him for 365 days. If the Avs match this, he's basically locked in there and they either have to let him walk, or pay him the 6.5 QO in a year and a half.

This is all happening while the cap is going down, guaranteeing him 6.5 on a QO is insane

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 02-28-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 06:31 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
There are several problems though:

The 5M AAV isn't the problem, it's the guaranteed 6.5 QO he would get after next season. That is also the same offseason Duchene and Landeskog need new deals.

They can't trade him at the trade deadline next year. Remember, the deadline is going to be moved back up to right around now next year and they can't trade him for 365 days. If the Avs match this, he's basically locked in there and they either have to let him walk, or pay him the 6.5 QO in a year and a half.

This is all happening while the cap is going down, guaranteeing him 6.5 on a QO is insane
But that is where the lawyers get involved. I don't know if it is from the day the sheet was signed or from the day the team say's we'll keep them. And yes the deadline will be right around now but if it is today next year in theory he could be traded? And you have to guess that they have an idea of next years schedule already. And it's 40 days from the end of season that the deadline hits.
But that could also play with Calgary that they know when the deadline is and is forcing them to keep him no matter what. We just don't have all the facts that they have.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
bobafettish*

face palms all around if calgary finishes 9th.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:46 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
But that is where the lawyers get involved. I don't know if it is from the day the sheet was signed or from the day the team say's we'll keep them. And yes the deadline will be right around now but if it is today next year in theory he could be traded? And you have to guess that they have an idea of next years schedule already. And it's 40 days from the end of season that the deadline hits.
But that could also play with Calgary that they know when the deadline is and is forcing them to keep him no matter what. We just don't have all the facts that they have.
It's a year from the day the team (in this case the Avs) decide to match. These are the last several trade deadlines:

2012: Feb 27
2011: Feb 28
2010: Mar 3
2009: Mar 4
2008: Feb 26

Since today is the 28th, match with the hopes of trading him next year is playing with fire.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Meh, 22 year old first (potentially) and second line (definitely) centers don't grow on trees. This isn't bad for Calgary at all. He's overpaid, but it's not like they did this with a 30 year old. He could be there a long time, as a face of the franchise type guy if he keeps improving.

Also keep in mind Calgary can't draft. They should overhaul their scouting department but that wouldn't help them this year. So they will likely get more out of ROR than they ever would have those two picks. Plus they give him that big qualifying offer for year 3 and I doubt he'd turn it down.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Meh, 22 year old first (potentially) and second line (definitely) centers don't grow on trees. This isn't bad for Calgary at all. He's overpaid, but it's not like they did this with a 30 year old. He could be there a long time, as a face of the franchise type guy if he keeps improving.

Also keep in mind Calgary can't draft. They should overhaul their scouting department but that wouldn't help them this year. So they will likely get more out of ROR than they ever would have those two picks. Plus they give him that big qualifying offer for year 3 and I doubt he'd turn it down.
I think it would be a good move IF they then traded off Iginla, Bouwmeester, etc. for high end prospects. Your're right, Calgary can't draft, but they better use some of these veterans who are going to lead them nowhere to bring in some young talent. O'Reilly would help them, but he would be a band-aid on the underlying problems with that organization. There are far too many bloated contracts there with no trade clauses, they better start fixing that or they a destined to continue being a borderline playoff team at best

Also, even though they can't draft, they still shouldn't be abandoning the draft completely (especially when this one is considered to be very good). If this goes through, they will have one pick in the first five rounds (a fourth). They should be moving guys for younger players and picks, but this feels more like Feester trying to save his job trying to sneak into the playoffs than a rebuild which the Flames need so badly.

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 02-28-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 07:10 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
All this talk about the schmucks leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hope they fall flat on their faces and lose everyone.
I don't.. Am I the only one who actually wants Anaheim to stay competitive enough to make the playoffs so we can have a LA-ANA series and have an actual rivalry start between the two teams?

I'd say Vancouver is more our rival than Anaheim at this point with our two playoff series, that's where rivalries are born, in the playoffs. I can't wait till we get a LA-ANA series.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:13 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
I don't.. Am I the only one who actually wants Anaheim to stay competitive enough to make the playoffs so we can have a LA-ANA series and have an actual rivalry start between the two teams?

I'd say Vancouver is more our rival than Anaheim at this point with our two playoff series, that's where rivalries are born, in the playoffs. I can't wait till we get a LA-ANA series.
I'd love a Kings/Ducks playoff series, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the thought of losing that series scares the **** out of me.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:26 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
I'd love a Kings/Ducks playoff series, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the thought of losing that series scares the **** out of me.
I don't see what there is to be scared of, look at Philly/Pittsburgh, their playoff series have led to an amazing rivalry, same with Vancouver and Chicago, I want that with LA/ANA.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
I don't see what there is to be scared of, look at Philly/Pittsburgh, their playoff series have led to an amazing rivalry, same with Vancouver and Chicago, I want that with LA/ANA.
When the Kings and Ducks finally meet in the playoffs, it might not happen again for a while (look how long it's been and we have yet to see it). If we happen to lose that series....it would SUCK

Old
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I think the Kings would beat the snot out of the Ducks figuratively and literally.

Closed Thread