HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXXII: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
  #701
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 50
I wish someone would send me baking soda. That **** is amazing. So useful.

SactoShork is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM
  #702
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Thanks. I figured it was a scam, but this is the first time I've used Craigslist so I wanted to make sure.

I'd never actually send baking soda
I figured, but better safe than sorry. You can get slapped with a federal crime for that and stuck in prison. Because people are ridiculous.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
  #703
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,551
vCash: 500
Yeah, Craigslist transactions should be done in person and with cash.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
  #704
SHARPENCAP
Registered User
 
SHARPENCAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 415-831-408
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SHARPENCAP Send a message via MSN to SHARPENCAP Send a message via Yahoo to SHARPENCAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Thanks. I figured it was a scam, but this is the first time I've used Craigslist so I wanted to make sure.

I'd never actually send baking soda
What kind of camera?

SHARPENCAP is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
  #705
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yayarea
Posts: 3,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Alright so I'm trying to sell my old camera on craigslist and I got a lot of people interested but this one guy is interested BUT he wants me to ship it to his son and he's going to pay me via paypal. This sounds like the common Ebay/Nigerian scam and was wondering what you guys thought.



I should send him a box full of baking soda so he thinks its anthrax.
Absolutely a scam. Never, under any circumstances, should you ship or accept money in any form other than cash. Meeting them in a secluded, poorly lit area is the only safe way to do business on CL.

sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
  #706
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Absolutely a scam. Never, under any circumstances, should you ship or accept money in any form other than cash. Meeting them in a secluded, poorly lit area is the only safe way to do business on CL.
After dark and it has to be in an area where you have never been before.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
  #707
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Yeah I posted some stuff on ebay and forgot to region lock it and it was immeaditily bought and through the invoice the guy was like "HEY WHATS UR PAYPAL EMAIL AND CAN YOU EMAIL ME MORE PICTURES" to a co.uk email address.

Pretty laughable actually Or when they spoof an email to change the address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
After dark and it has to be in an area where you have never been before.




Graveland is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
  #708
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Yeah I posted some stuff on ebay and forgot to region lock it and it was immeaditily bought and through the invoice the guy was like "HEY WHATS UR PAYPAL EMAIL AND CAN YOU EMAIL ME MORE PICTURES" to a co.uk email address.

Pretty laughable actually Or when they spoof an email to change the address.






When we moved to Reno we were looking for a house to rent and someone tried to rent us a house they didn't own. We did our diligence though and quickly found the real owners, informed them, showed them the craigslist add and to say they were shocked is putting it mildly.

I sold a Nikon D300 btw on craigslist and we ended up selling it to a young kid, for cash, who we met in a well lit parking lot on a busy street outside of a hotel. Worked out well for him because he got to hold it and try it out first, and good for us because no threat of a scam. We had two D300's and two D80's and a ton of equipment at the time and it took us awhile to sell all of it (we kept one each of the cameras though) to buyers we could trust. Sorting through the scams took a lot of time.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  #709
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,860
vCash: 500
Whenever I sell stuff on craigslist, I meet them at a shopping mall.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
  #710
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
When we moved to Reno we were looking for a house to rent and someone tried to rent us a house they didn't own. We did our diligence though and quickly found the real owners, informed them, showed them the craigslist add and to say they were shocked is putting it mildly.

I sold a Nikon D300 btw on craigslist and we ended up selling it to a young kid, for cash, who we met in a well lit parking lot on a busy street outside of a hotel. Worked out well for him because he got to hold it and try it out first, and good for us because no threat of a scam. We had two D300's and two D80's and a ton of equipment at the time and it took us awhile to sell all of it (we kept one each of the cameras though) to buyers we could trust. Sorting through the scams took a lot of time.
My buddy just gave me his t3i so I figured I'd sell my t2i. I'm probably just going to meet the lady at Starbucks or something so she feels comfortable.

I'm also about to sell a few old guitars I figured both Craigslist and eBay would work for those.

Graveland is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
  #711
Iron Chef
Registered User
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
My company, WePay, just released an iPhone app today. We're running an employee contest where the person who gets the most clicks on their referral link gets an iPad mini. Can y'all help me out?
Here's a link http://goo.gl/YzK6h

We also released a commercial with YouTube star, Sweet Brown of "aint nobody got time for dat" fame



Woo!

Iron Chef is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
  #712
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,860
vCash: 500
There's a black Crown Victoria parked in front of my house. Whoever owns that car is like Pete from The League.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:39 PM
  #713
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 516
Man this weeks Justified was so good and entertaining!

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #714
TealTownUSA
Registered User
 
TealTownUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 415
Country: United States
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
Man, i'm 4 ep behind on Justified. Been watching Walking Dead and it's getting heated.

TealTownUSA is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
  #715
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealTownUSA View Post
Man, i'm 4 ep behind on Justified. Been watching Walking Dead and it's getting heated.
This past weekends Walking Dead bored me to high heaven! I hated the episode! It's one of those man this ep is pissing me off moments. but hopefully it picks up this weekend!

But yeah Justified has been good all season but this weeks could've worked as a season finale but it isn't. It was really good! And man are the clues there to guess who said person is that they are looking for!

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
  #716
drunksage
Moderator
#88: The Savior.
 
drunksage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Henderson, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 1004
Bit overdue in posting this, but I had went ice skating for the first time on Sunday. After my friends figured out that I didn't lace up tightly enough, I spent the rest of the time looking like a fool bracing myself on those walker-like things for kids while doing short laps around the rink.

Hockey player (and figure skater) appreciation went way up.

drunksage is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 09:30 PM
  #717
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Bit overdue in posting this, but I had went ice skating for the first time on Sunday. After my friends figured out that I didn't lace up tightly enough, I spent the rest of the time looking like a fool bracing myself on those walker-like things for kids while doing short laps around the rink.

Hockey player (and figure skater) appreciation went way up.
lol, I remember my first time on skates. I thought I had shoddy ankles until I tightened my laces

__________________

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 09:51 PM
  #718
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,551
vCash: 500
I still have never skated. I don't like doings things I am not good at.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 11:34 PM
  #719
drunksage
Moderator
#88: The Savior.
 
drunksage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Henderson, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I still have never skated. I don't like doings things I am not good at.
So why have you made so many posts?

drunksage is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:24 AM
  #720
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
So why have you made so many posts?

WTFetus is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:24 AM
  #721
Wolf74
Registered User
 
Wolf74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Yeah I posted some stuff on ebay and forgot to region lock it and it was immeaditily bought and through the invoice the guy was like "HEY WHATS UR PAYPAL EMAIL AND CAN YOU EMAIL ME MORE PICTURES" to a co.uk email address.

Pretty laughable actually Or when they spoof an email to change the address.






I'm literally about two blocks from that bar right now.

Wolf74 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:25 AM
  #722
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym
 
ChubbChubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
So why have you made so many posts?

ChubbChubby is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:26 AM
  #723
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,551
vCash: 500
Yeah that one hurt. Jerk.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:32 AM
  #724
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
So why have you made so many posts?

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:10 AM
  #725
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf74 View Post
I'm literally about two blocks from that bar right now.
That's the bar I frequent, guess what they don't watch a lot of hockey there.

Graveland is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.