HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League LVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  #1001
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
If I'm Colorado, I wouldn't match. No way ROR is worth that much right now, especially since his next QO is going to have to be $6.5 million.
What's the "draft pick price" for an offer in that range?

PRNuck is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:43 PM
  #1002
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,868
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
What's the "draft pick price" for an offer in that range?
A first, second and third.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #1003
Derp Kassian
Registered User
 
Derp Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
If I'm Colorado, I wouldn't match. No way ROR is worth that much right now, especially since his next QO is going to have to be $6.5 million.
They have to match it and get something for him later on. Would be idiotic not to.

Derp Kassian is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #1004
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Boozer
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,090
vCash: 50
I actually hope the Avs let him walk, just for the laughs. What will his QO have to be when his 2nd year is up?

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  #1005
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,868
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
i actually hope the avs let him walk, just for the laughs. What will his qo have to be when his 2nd year is up?
6.5m.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:48 PM
  #1006
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Boozer
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,090
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
6.5m.
So it didn't change in the new CBA. Did anything change in the new CBA?

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:49 PM
  #1007
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
A first, second and third.
Oh lawd. It's like he hates his future self.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:49 PM
  #1008
Real Gudbranson
Playoff Bound
 
Real Gudbranson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Feaster just gave up a top 5 pick

Real Gudbranson is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  #1009
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
They have to match it and get something for him later on. Would be idiotic not to.
The interesting thing about this move (IMO) is the timing - unless things drastically change in the new CBA, if Colorado matches they won't be able to trade him before the trade deadline passes next season. That means, if they match, they are stuck holding on to him until the draft next offseason when he's due for a minimum of $6.5 million going forward.

I like O'Reilly but I'm not sure he's a $6.5 million/year player under a declining cap.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:52 PM
  #1010
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Wow bold move by Calgary but what happened to all that talk about "better management of their cap situation?". ROR better be an elite 1st line center to get that kind of money.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
  #1011
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Yeah, I think I let Feaster have him if I'm Colorado. Contract isn't too attractive for them, and an outside chance at a second very high pick this year has to look pretty good to a team that's not going to contend for a while.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
  #1012
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Wow bold move by Calgary but what happened to all that talk about "better management of their cap situation?". ROR better be an elite 1st line center to get that kind of money.
Don't think he'll turn into that but there's a good likelihood he's an elite second line centre going forward (think Kesler/Richards/Bergeron/Koivu/etc). Those guys tend to get paid well though maybe not at the $6.5 million/year level. It'll most likely be at most a $1 million/year overpayment in a couple years.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
  #1013
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Boozer
 
mrmyheadhurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,090
vCash: 50
Well, it's a huge win for ROR, anyway you look at it.

mrmyheadhurts is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
  #1014
Free Edler
Soft.
 
Free Edler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Don't think he'll turn into that but there's a good likelihood he's an elite second line centre going forward (think Kesler/Richards/Bergeron/Koivu/etc). Those guys tend to get paid well though maybe not at the $6.5 million/year level. It'll most likely be at most a $1 million/year overpayment in a couple years.
I could see him being a Kesler-like player but ROR doesn't have comparable skating ability.

Free Edler is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
  #1015
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
The interesting thing about this move (IMO) is the timing - unless things drastically change in the new CBA, if Colorado matches they won't be able to trade him before the trade deadline passes next season. That means, if they match, they are stuck holding on to him until the draft next offseason when he's due for a minimum of $6.5 million going forward.

I like O'Reilly but I'm not sure he's a $6.5 million/year player under a declining cap.
Won't the Olympics push the deadline into March like in '06 and '10?

opendoor is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
  #1016
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Won't the Olympics push the deadline into March like in '06 and '10?
I wasn't even thinking of the Olympics. You're probably right.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
  #1017
Ronning On Empty
Moderator
Formerly BleachClean
 
Ronning On Empty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 19,990
vCash: 500
They match. 5m average cap hit for 2 years is fine for him.

Ronning On Empty is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:05 PM
  #1018
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 49,097
vCash: 50
Take the pics Colorado. They could end up with two top 5 pics in this deep draft. Terrible, terrible move by the Flames.

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:06 PM
  #1019
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
It's just too bad things turned out the way they did. But perhaps they'll give him another year to prove himself?
Yes, man, he just turned Kesler on us all some years to early!!

LiveeviL is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM
  #1020
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Take the pics Colorado. They could end up with two top 5 pics in this deep draft. Terrible, terrible move by the Flames.
They'd be for next year's draft if i understand correctly.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  #1021
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,031
vCash: 500
Interesting:

Quote:
Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker

As if this day couldn't make #Flames fans puff out cheat any more.... Was just told by source that #Canucks also issued Offer sheet.

opendoor is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:16 PM
  #1022
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 576
is this a bad thing that Flames will get ROR? nope I not worry since i doubt ROR will produce the same result with a bad team like the Flames

ROR is not a number 1 center, he a number 2 and he isn't fast! that makes sense to join with Flames slow forwards!

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
  #1023
nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 50
Obviously ours was more reasonable than theirs.

I'd be inclined to think a LOT of teams offered him something, but Calgary's was the most ridiculous.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:19 PM
  #1024
ZenMaster*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Interesting:
Do not believe it. Gillis runs an extremely tight ship there are no "real" sources out there.

ZenMaster* is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
  #1025
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Do not believe it. Gillis runs an extremely tight ship there are no "real" sources out there.
Gillis can't control what O'Reilly's camp says.

opendoor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.